IGNORED

GTA Online: PS5 & Xbox Series versions due March 2022

p1nseeker

30 minutes ago, gossi the dog said:

I assume you can change your location on the Xbox to New Zealand. Not sure about PS5.

Xbox only for the New Zealand trick sadly. Won't work on PS5

9 minutes ago, The Disco said:

Damnit, I changed my PS5 region/time to Samoa (UTC+13hrs) last night in preparation to get on it this afternoon when I get home.

Now @Flub has pissed on my chips to let me know it won't work.  Thanks Flub. :facepalm:

I bought the PS5 version as well so I feel your pain :)

5 hours ago, Simmy said:

I pre-ordered this and I dunno why. Fool me.

I was looking up gameplay footage (it releases in 3 hours) and it appears there is none? :lol:

Well, GTA in 60fps eh....

Yeah, normally you wouldn’t worry cus it’s rockstar- but then you see the gta trilogy release 😬

I truly believe they will never make any QOL improvements that the community have been crying out for.  They'll just continually stuff it full of annoying guest characters and crap to try and be relevant for the times and generation it is aimed at.

For me, the main draw for this game now is the race creator and so much more could be done with it if they opened up at least some of the developer creator features, plus fixed a load of years old bugs in the current creator.

Locking Arena War props to Arena War races that can only be built in the Arena is shit and for those that have got modded props in their creators on console*, the races they have been able to create with them can be brilliant and really interesting.

They need to release the pursuit race type and props for the current creator, and also have the same mechanics available in other game types, such as the Capture type vs missions when adversarial game modes were first released.  I have a great Smokey and the Bandit capture game that just doesn't work as intended due to the spawn points not being tied to a certain distance from wherever the object item is (in this case, The Snowman's trailer) - something I know can be achieved in the dev creator as that's how it works for those missions where you have to stop the other team from getting their cars to their destination (Hunting Pack, I think it is?)

*Getting modded props is very rare and could be hard to do as far as I can tell.  It seems anytime I've heard it asked about the response has been to speak to someone called PetayPanMofo (he's got a Youtube channel) and I know he charges real world money to do it.

Still, as much as I piss and moan about the game, I just love to make races and play with a few mates from here and I reckon if the servers haven't been turned off in 5 years, I'll probably still be playing it (though I hope maybe GTA6/OnlineV2 will be about by then and I;m doing the same in that).

1 minute ago, The Disco said:

I truly believe they will never make any QOL improvements that the community have been crying out for.  They'll just continually stuff it full of annoying guest characters and crap to try and be relevant for the times and generation it is aimed at.

For me, the main draw for this game now is the race creator and so much more could be done with it if they opened up at least some of the developer creator features, plus fixed a load of years old bugs in the current creator.

Locking Arena War props to Arena War races that can only be built in the Arena is shit and for those that have got modded props in their creators on console*, the races they have been able to create with them can be brilliant and really interesting.

They need to release the pursuit race type and props for the current creator, and also have the same mechanics available in other game types, such as the Capture type vs missions when adversarial game modes were first released.  I have a great Smokey and the Bandit capture game that just doesn't work as intended due to the spawn points not being tied to a certain distance from wherever the object item is (in this case, The Snowman's trailer) - something I know can be achieved in the dev creator as that's how it works for those missions where you have to stop the other team from getting their cars to their destination (Hunting Pack, I think it is?)

*Getting modded props is very rare and could be hard to do as far as I can tell.  It seems anytime I've heard it asked about the response has been to speak to someone called PetayPanMofo (he's got a Youtube channel) and I know he charges real world money to do it.

Still, as much as I piss and moan about the game, I just love to make races and play with a few mates from here and I reckon if the servers haven't been turned off in 5 years, I'll probably still be playing it (though I hope maybe GTA6/OnlineV2 will be about by then and I;m doing the same in that).

‘Have you finished that race yet Disco?’

I have to say to all on here that Disco is a master of track design. He can be an arse for putting on traffic though.

I'm in no way shape or form "a master", though I'd say I am still improving and I'm damn proud of a few of them.  Certainly I believe they are good enough for anyone to race on and have a good time.  Thanks for the vote of confidence though mate. :)

Also, traffic being on in point to point races makes perfect sense if you want that fluid, different every time, experience for street style races.

Actual proper point to point Rally stages need traffic off, obvs.

• 2 weeks later...

GTA Online is my favourite game of all time and I think the updated PS5 version is hugely underrated - it is excellent. I also disagree with the general ‘bleeding users dry’ narrative, I have never spent a penny on shark cards or even felt tempted but don’t play to grind - just for fun - yet have more money in game than I could ever need and all of the exciting toys and cars.

That subscription though… what a brutal fucking joke. Terrible value offering. I can only ever see it being (barely) worth it for a month or two for new players, nobody who has played for a while would gain shit from that.

This is so utterly confusing to a new player. 

Hovering over a waypoint in the map (eg Gerald) seems to suggest he has a series of missions/story…but you randomly get something?

How do you start a mission as host? It seems so hard to play with friends. I’ve set match making to closed but everytime I try to join seem to get into a randoms lobby or get them joining me before I can close/invite friends?

I randomly got into a mission with Dr Dre (which suggests there are series of missions) and got an endless cut scene on him rapping

I picked CEO - should I be doing CEO pick up/deliveries? Nothing seems as rewarding as my free 4m for joining 

The game is a constant grind and what they give with one hand they do love to take away with the other, bigger, hand.  It's the reason Shark Cards exist and the upcoming subscription model.

To start a mission as host, go to the pause menu, select Online>Quick Join>Play Job>Rockstar Created>Missions> then select whichever one you want to play.  You will get a limited choice until you level up enough for some of them.  It used to say which NPC each mission was for, but they've taken that away for some unknown reason.  It matters little though.  None of them pay much - a max of around $15-25K if you spend your time and turn in the mission by about 15 minutes (the pay is scaled down the quicker you complete them to make sure you don't make much money).  Good for RP as a low level player though.  Be warned that the missions Gerald gives you pay the least of all, apart from races with only a few competitors and any of the PVP modes with few players.

Personally I would have chosen the gun running and saved up for a Kosatka submarine to do Cayo Perico (far and away the best ROI in the game).

The Dr Dre missions and the Agency job as a whole, whilst new and refreshing, are also pretty shit for pay and it's only a half decent payout in the final mission.  Overall, you get about $1.1-1.2M for doing about 15 missions all in.  You do get an extra $100K for, I think, 12 of them as a bonus the first time you do them though so worth doing if only once.

s there anyway on knowing what a mission is before doing it?

I did the Special Cargo but it was 3 air drops - solo meant I only got one back. And then selling stuff I got a mission for a boat delivery, where I was a slow ass tug boat sitting duck

I don't know the missions for Special Cargo delivery as I didn't buy a warehouse.  Usually, for any of the businesses, there are around 5/6 different variations on the sell and it's RNG which one you get.  Reddit is a great source for working out the best ROI way of doing anything in GTA and @Polmon probably knows the link to the subreddit.  

Aagain, it's not something I ever really looked into as I spend most of my time doing Gunrunning and making races in the creator.  I do Cayo Perico and other heists with Polmon and Fused Gamer when we need the money (though Polmon doesn't as he's Richy Rich)

These might help for crate cargo:

What platform are you on?  If it's PS5, then you can get together with us sometime and we'll do some stuff.  Would be a good idea to do the MTU trick to get an empty public lobby too, as in my experience I always get greifed if I try doing any money making stuff in free roam.

If you're a CEO and you have a minion and you do a Special Cargo - can you share money with your minion?

Did one last night where I earned £86k from selling my cargo and he got £6k for doing mission

31 minutes ago, Hexx said:

If you're a CEO and you have a minion and you do a Special Cargo - can you share money with your minion?

Did one last night where I earned £86k from selling my cargo and he got £6k for doing mission

No, they get periodic wages instead (every 10 mins, I believe). If you run an MC instead, they get 10% of the total sale of any goods (upto a max of 35k). This doesn't come out of the leaders cut. 

Thanks

I don't get with CEO (Office/Nightclub) and MC are so different. Especially when my MC businesses flow into my Nightclub

Seems really odd - plus loading into a session and seeing CEO/VIP etc are full

10 hours ago, Hexx said:

Thanks

I don't get with CEO (Office/Nightclub) and MC are so different. Especially when my MC businesses flow into my Nightclub

Seems really odd - plus loading into a session and seeing CEO/VIP etc are full

It's very, very stupid if you ask me, especially as you occasionally have to leave your motorcycle club to become a ceo for certain missions and so on. Not to mention I think there's not one single interface in the whole game that can access all of your criminal network. 

Now that might be realistic if you're a criminal mastermind but it's an unnecessary pain in the butt in a computer game. 

But I think the extra stupid thing is the way that it can boot you and a friend into completely different sessions after you've done a heist together and you have to muck about with mtu settings to get back into your own game. I can only imagine the strange lobby interface is a hangover from it being a 360 game and therefore launching them as some sort of separate 'instance' or something but it's very weird. 

I really hope 6 has at the least a faux co-op mode like saints row, if not a proper one, as that's almost all i play the online mode as anyway. 

I'm actually having a good time - a very good time at some points of laughing with friend.

I can see how it gets its hooks into you - and the grind is VERY well designed to entice you to just get a bit more and to another hamster wheel.

But I'm also utterly amazed and some of the...jank...in the quirks for it.

Utter pain of a night that makes me want to chuck this

Log in. Takes 3 sessions to be a CEO to check on my stuff. Nightclub's lost all it's popularity. Given the fact a mission takes 20 minutes and gives 1 out 5 bars, starting to feel being popular isn't worth it. Although it would stop Tony/Laz harassing me

Daily Objective - do a sprint race. Spend 10 minutes working out what that is, where I need to be (In LS meet). Start it. Needs 4. There's 1 other person in here. Doesn't accept. Wait 10-15 minutes. At one point 2 others are in - no one accepts. 5 day objective streak broken.

Do some special goods - pick up. No hint it would be 3 packages. I'm solo. Great. Then someone with a missile car chain kills/blows up. 18k and 20 minutes wasted.

Do some special goods - pick up. It's just one package and I'm with a co-op buddy. Then someone with a missile car chain kills/blows up. 18k and 10 minutes wasted.

Decide to pick up our hiest chain - our duo liked that. Oh you need 4 for the next one. Open it...after about 5 minutes people join. Then I click mission 3 not mission 1 and backing out resets entire thing. (Oh and friend goes back to different session)

Repeat. 8 minutes people join, get into picking role. Crash out. (Presume someone one quit?)

Tried once more 10 minutes and now joiners. Overall about 30min and 40k wasted.

Try and random quick join. Sort of fun but short mission where you have to take out oil tankers across map and then in base. Takes about 10 min. Get reward 6k. Between armor and ammo needed to kill trucks, net loss.

Then potter off to my warehouse. 7 crates for 200k! Let's roll!. Oh it's a flying mission. I hate them I wish it had told me. Fly really well! 5/6 drops done. Hit a powerline at night and stop moving. Mission...ends? I'm alive/fine? All crates lost for no reward. Great.

A basic pick up mission builds the warehouse back up. Then another one....is on a boat. Surrounded by other boats and men on Jetski. Can't get close without being murdered. Times out. 18k spent and 30 minutes waste.

So an evening with nothing "achieved" and some frustration. I can't think of a better description than the game doesn't respect your time. A pretentious way to describe it but I can't come up with better. Too easy for no rewards and when you do get into content it's so inconsistent in risk/reward/complexity.

1 hour ago, Haribokart said:

Never use MC unless it's required for what you're doing. Always choose CEO.

It is better to use an MC for a Bunker / Nightclub goods sale if you have associates as they will get a much bigger payout. Easy to forget about that though. 

On 30/03/2022 at 22:41, b00dles said:

It's very, very stupid if you ask me, especially as you occasionally have to leave your motorcycle club to become a ceo for certain missions and so on. Not to mention I think there's not one single interface in the whole game that can access all of your criminal network. 

Now that might be realistic if you're a criminal mastermind but it's an unnecessary pain in the butt in a computer game. 

But I think the extra stupid thing is the way that it can boot you and a friend into completely different sessions after you've done a heist together and you have to muck about with mtu settings to get back into your own game. I can only imagine the strange lobby interface is a hangover from it being a 360 game and therefore launching them as some sort of separate 'instance' or something but it's very weird. 

I really hope 6 has at the least a faux co-op mode like saints row, if not a proper one, as that's almost all i play the online mode as anyway. 

You can use the Master Control Terminal in the Arcade to manage all your other businesses (except for the Agency). 

Heists preps have to be done in the respective building though (apartment, facility, arcade, kosatka). 

16 minutes ago, Polmon said:

You can use the Master Control Terminal in the Arcade to manage all your other businesses (except for the Agency). 

Heists preps have to be done in the respective building though (apartment, facility, arcade, kosatka). 

I know, that's what I meant :) I appreciate it kind of makes sense but it's a ball ache for the game side of things. Even using your arcade master terminal you still have to log off the computer, stand up, leave one business, join the other business and then sit back down and log in if you want to do another business mission. 

Why can't I even spend a million moon bucks (or whatever) to get an upgrade to put a master command centre secure room (make it exactly the same model/ assets in every location if its a resource issue) in any property that I want to 'live in'?

It's just weirdly arbitrary, you're meant to believe that you're a super criminal overlord with super yachts, planes, literal missile bunkers etc etc etc but you have to temporarily shut down one of your front businesses for a few days and rejoin another one and go to one particular building and access one computer to find out if you can become a yodel driver for a bit. 

It's just dissonant, I get it and I understand why and how it probably came to be like that after sellotaping stuff on top of each other over the years but it could be so much smoother than it is, even within the the reality constructed in the game world. 

(I'd ideally like a lot more actual management and sub-boss hiring similar but better to that element of mafia 4 recently, or even that as part of the online gang side of things possibly but I'll stop as this is all my wishful super gta hyper edition that's probably still a decade away realistically and straying from the original point)

I agree, it's an absolute mess, but I don't think Rockstar have any motivation to tidy things up or streamline anything in the game as none of that will improve the profitability of the game, and that seems to be their only driver these days.

Edit - see also, GTA+

@Hexx, doing literally anything in a public lobby to make money is a recipe for disaster as there will always be someone in a weaponised vehicle to piss on your chips.  Doing it solo is even worse.

If you're on PS5, go into your network seetings, change the MTU and manually enter a value of 800, then save and load into GTA Online.  Hopefully that will work and you will see that it is only you in the public session.  As long as you have freinds who have set the same MTU, they can join you via an invoite you send, or through the gamebase "joing gamegroup" option.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/gta/gta-online-ps5-how-get-solo-public-session

XBox seems to be a different story and it's a lot harder to do without guff with third party apps/devices.

Friday night did 4 set ups for the prison break hiest.

These are great! We couldn't get the last one done as the prison team kept getting shot at for no reason they could work out.