GTA Online: PS5 & Xbox Series versions due 21/11/21

p1nseeker

I'm guessing this won't be a free update for next gen versions. Would be nice though. 

If it's a really big improvement I wouldn't mind jumping back in. Only played it on 360. Although I wouldn't pay above £30. 

43 minutes ago, Ry said:

I'm guessing this won't be a free update for next gen versions. Would be nice though. 

If it's a really big improvement I wouldn't mind jumping back in. Only played it on 360. Although I wouldn't pay above £30. 

While the standalone version of GTA Online will be available to players on both platforms, this new standalone version of GTA Online will be available for free exclusively to PlayStation 5 players during the first three months. And PlayStation Plus members on PlayStation 4, make sure to claim your GTA$1,000,000 by visiting the PlayStation Store at the start of each month — every month until the launch of GTA Online on PlayStation 5.

47 minutes ago, ravon said:

It's a shame that GTA v online us totally ruined by pay to win flying cars and tanks

Funny you say this, I went online recently as a total noob and was laser beamed* by someone in a flying DeLorean within the first 30 mins.

*might have been a rocket. Whatever it was, it was an instant kill and from out of nowhere.

3 minutes ago, p1nseeker said:

Yeah public lobbies are a shit show. Get in a private server and it's one of the best multiplayer experiences ever. 

What’s the multiplayer about these days? The last time I went online was around launch to do some of the heists, but I assume it’s way beyond that now.

There's 4 large scale heists, one of which is a whole new location for starters. 

Loads of businesses to run and loads of different multiplayer game modes and race types. 

We have recently got back into the creation tool too to make our own game modes and races. 

38 minutes ago, p1nseeker said:

There's 4 large scale heists, one of which is a whole new location for starters. 

Loads of businesses to run and loads of different multiplayer game modes and race types. 

We have recently got back into the creation tool too to make our own game modes and races. 

What does running the businesses entail and what are the other game modes you mention?

The heists I did were fun as a one off, but I didn’t really think much of the races back then, so unless these other things you mention are amazing, then I think I’ll probably wait for 6.

29 minutes ago, JPL said:

What does running the businesses entail and what are the other game modes you mention?

The heists I did were fun as a one off, but I didn’t really think much of the races back then, so unless these other things you mention are amazing, then I think I’ll probably wait for 6.

We make up our own game modes too, such as all picking a spot in the map and ringing a taxi and seeing who gets there first :lol:

We've spend whole evenings hanging out in one of our clubs, on a yacht or playing blackjack.  Endless emergent gameplay hilarity. 

I don't mind the flying cars and griefing. In a way it's what the whole game's about - being stupid and annoying like one of the ridiculous characters that make up the world. And it's really a clever mechanic, I think ... The way you play through missions and heists and all sort of freeplay modes. That require you to play "properly" , avoid unwanted trouble and attention if you want to succeed at them. As a reward you get money to spend on silly toys like the Oppressor and the flying headquarters aeroplane, whatever it's called. Which you then get to use to grief people and just cause no-consequence carnage in free roam. 

Has anyone tried RP servers for this? I'm not really sure what they are even, but as I've just got a PC that can play this (and snagged the port for free when Epic was giving it away a while back) I might give it a go.

Anyone know where to start?

2 hours ago, p1nseeker said:

I dunno what they are. Is it a PC thing?

Yeah. I'm heading down the rabbit hole of modding GTA at the moment. Lots of fun things you can do apparently although I don't know how it works with online as you must have to find private servers, obviously. 

Anyone done this at all? RP or just modding Online in general?

On 18/05/2021 at 16:31, deerokus said:

Gta v online was always shit, i will never understand the popularity .

I'm over lvl 640. I'll never get bored of the random, dumb shit we've got upto with @Polmon @The Disco @Floshenbarnical and @smithstock, the races (i did get a bit obsessed with open wheel and stopped when i got 5th in the world on one race), the free roam shenanigans...coming out of a heist, immediately coming out of crew and blowing everyone up only for the @The Disco to say 'yinny' will never get old.

7 minutes ago, Fused gamer said:

I'm over lvl 640. I'll never get bored of the random, dumb shit we've got upto with @Polmon @The Disco @Floshenbarnical and @smithstock, the races (i did get a bit obsessed with open wheel and stopped when i got 5th in the world on one race), the free roam shenanigans...coming out of a heist, immediately coming out of crew and blowing everyone up only for the @The Disco to say 'yinny' will never get old.

“Leave it out @smithstock

1 hour ago, Anne Summers said:

So I got into an RP server. They added a "fall down" button that just makes your character collapse on the floor (for comedy effect I guess) but I can't find the button to stand up again. 

on gta Iv you had to click in both sticks but it doesn’t work any more :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...