rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
p1nseeker

GTA Online: Gay Tony is back!

I was the Top Fun virgin but i dont see the appeal, anyone who was in the jet just kept blowing up.

It's funny, because you might assume that hunting was the easier job until you realise that the missile lock is completely useless. I think the only times I've won it I had to strafe the runners with the machinegun.

Of course, most hunters seem to crash into a tree long before getting to that point.

I was the Top Fun virgin but i dont see the appeal, anyone who was in the jet just kept blowing up.

The jet is always tricky, but with a bit of practice it's deadly as hell. Some of us have played many dozens of Top Fun games, and most of them didn't involve the hunter losing because they all crashed out.

I still prefer being a runner if only for the intensity of being hunted. I just love driving a car to its limits and seek cover in between high-speed straights on Top Fun II, occasionally confuse the hunters by not taking a plane in Top Fun III or dive into the mountain trenches in good ol' Top Fun I :) Just going at high speeds, hearing the high-pitched roar of a jet closing in followed by explosions all around you - it's a classic!

And even if you're dead it's great watching surviving team mates make a run for it, like this time:

To elaborate: mprice86 was the hero of the night by managing to escape far into Los Santos on his bike. He crashed into a slow sedan and got his bike blown to pieces by a jet, so taking the car was the only option. It was accelerating painstakingly slow and it was only due to constant weaving that he didn't get shot.

The final meters were all kinds of amazing. As mprice86 approached the harbour and us three eliminated fugitives kept cheering him on, two jets basically kamikaze'd towards him and ended up in huge fireballs, yet he managed alright and made it to the drop-off point.

post-10054-0-44377500-1381307771_thumb.j
post-10054-0-70071000-1381307777_thumb.j
post-10054-0-67833900-1381307783_thumb.j
post-10054-0-98897500-1381307790_thumb.j

It's funny, because you might assume that hunting was the easier job until you realise that the missile lock is completely useless. I think the only times I've won it I had to strafe the runners with the machinegun.

Of course, most hunters seem to crash into a tree long before getting to that point.

It really depends. When I'm a hunter, I try to stay low and slow and get a missile lock on a runner that's not moving too fast himself. I can't get the machine gun to be as accurate.

That, or I just bail out - usually after losing a wing - and continue on foot. After which I get shot by a Runner :facepalm:

It can be quite frustrating when you get a perfect run down a long straight road, sat back a few hundred yards behind a runner's car and raining down a volley of missiles, all of which miss. Possibly it's just a latency issue, as I've had missiles land practically on my head as a runner in the reverse situation.

I'd never turn off auto-aim. The whole deathmatch is based around snap-to aiming and cover usage - the controls just aren't up to the job of doing Call Of Duty Lite.

Fair point, though I do think deathmatches turn into killfests with auto-aim. It's just a shame it's such a hassle to turn it off for multiplayer.

It can be quite frustrating when you get a perfect run down a long straight road, sat back a few hundred yards behind a runner's car and raining down a volley of missiles, all of which miss. Possibly it's just a latency issue, as I've had missiles land practically on my head as a runner in the reverse situation.

It's not latency I think, just the car (or bike) going really fast, therefore being able to outrun the missile just before impact. Rightfully so, otherwise it would be nigh impossible to escape the hunters as soon as they get a lock-on. The trick is to find a spot where a runner has to slow down and land a hit just after that.

That said, I was doing 150 MPH down the straight into Vinewood in a Coquette last night and still got shot to bits by (I think) Wallbob. Might have been his machine gun then.

Top Fun needs team balancing turned off so that anyone proficient with and willing to fly a jet can switch to that team. With good pilots its by far the best experience I've had with this game. After a lot of practice I can use the jet pretty well, I never usually crash unless I'm being a bit eager trying to get people with the machine guns.

The missiles are very much not useless. Remember that you don't have to be accelerating for the jet to stay airborne and you can let off the thrust when you're approaching someone and you can stay behind them and fire off four or six missiles with one lock before you overtake them. Try to get the second/middle set to hit when they're turning or passing through traffic and you can get them. If they're on a long straight you're less likely to hit with the missiles and the machine guns are much harder to use, even though they're just as deadly.

There's just nothing as exciting in this game as racing down the street and either a line of .50 machine fun fire tears up the road and other cars or missiles slam into the cars near you and you narrowly avoid the explosion. I usually take jets just because I'm happier flying them than most people but being a runner is amazing.

• Upvote 1

Top Fun stands for PvP GTA Online in a nutshell. For me it's right up there with 4-player Mario Kart 64 battle mode.

In other news: StevoTEHEVIL made the 360 rllmuk crew a new emblem!

0a879b6378356c263d20390dfdd2e5c16c4db3b5

• Upvote 3

Good games last night chaps.

We should have a couple of slots free for races tonight from 9, if anyone not in the race league wants to sit in.

I'm in! I'm not in the race league clan, but an in the rllmuk one. a1iXIII is my xbl tag.

When you choose to go online you can choose to join any session that have your crew in them.

Is this for all crews or only your primary selected crew?

Cargobob-based mission science!

Avoid having to lose the cops by going to the base with another player in separate vehicles. One player jumps in to the base and nabs the 'bob while the other player waits outside. Drop chopper off for waiting player and jump into their (preferably fast) vehicle and let them do the flying without a wanted level. Cargobob thief pootles off into mountains in fast vehicle to lose their stars.

So. Easy.

• Upvote 2

Is this for all crews or only your primary selected crew?

oooh, I don't know. I would assume it'll be primary selected crew. I'll give it a whirl tonight hopefully if I get a chance. :)

Cargobob-based mission science!

Avoid having to lose the cops by going to the base with another player in separate vehicles. One player jumps in to the base and nabs the 'bob while the other player waits outside. Drop chopper off for waiting player and jump into their (preferably fast) vehicle and let them do the flying without a wanted level. Cargobob thief pootles off into mountains in fast vehicle to lose their stars.

So. Easy.

I've managed it by flying the chopper to next to/ under the bridge and then stealth mode hiding under the bridge.

oooh, I don't know. I would assume it'll be primary selected crew. I'll give it a whirl tonight hopefully if I get a chance. :)

I'll find out this evening, UGVM is my primary crew & I have RLLMUK & the race crew added as other crews.

I'm in! I'm not in the race league clan, but an in the rllmuk one. a1iXIII is my xbl tag.

Drop me a friend request and I'll make sure you get an invite!

My tag is saintm

• Upvote 1

All player weapons are banned in the GTA races. Only the rockets you pick up are allowed, to ensure an even playing field.

It's a shame, because GTA4 had much more customisation options around the loadouts :(

Crate drops. Are the crates supposed to be in the very near vicinity of the smoke flare, or can they be anywhere at all within the green circle?

Got a notification of a drop last night on the edge of the lake inbetween the two northern mini airports, one of which I was at, so I grabbed a chopper and hopped over the pond, absolutely certain no-one else had beaten me to it, and it was nowhere at all to be found. It was on the side of a bank and there were loads of bushes and trees around and river inlets, but I spent about 15min searching and there was no sign of it at all! Bah.

There was also no proper cover anywhere at all, so picking off the guys that appear was a bit tough!