p1nseeker

GTA Online: Gay Tony is back!

[Edit 16/12/14] Heists have been revealed! Info here: http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/274193-gta-online/?p=10175135

Thought we could do with a seperate thread for this now as it's bound to be very popular to say the least!

Here's R*'s faq:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51422/some-more-details-on-grand-theft-auto-online.html

Links to the official Rllmuk crews:

360 - http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/rllmuk

PS3 - http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/rllmuk_ps3

Couple of basic gameplay mechanics that may not be immediately obvious (spoilered in case you want to find these out for yourself, no mission or story spoilers)

Spoiler

First when you are killed you drop 10% of the cash you are holding so visiting ATMs (found in convenience stores) or making a deposit via online banking is recommended

You can (and should) insure your car against it being destroyed. If it gets blown up you can make a claim on your insurance and pay a premium. If a player destroys your car they can choose to pay your premium for you.

Pressing and holding back on the 360 pad (i assume it will be select on PS3) brings up an interaction menu which is really useful. From the interaction menu you can:
Change clothes
Enter passive mode for $100 (you can't hurt other players and they can't hurt you)
Kill yourself $500
Change the rules of who can enter your car (only you, friends, crew, everyone)
Request your vehicle to be delivered to you.

I managed to build up enough money to buy a small 2 car garage and only I could enter. When I was inside people can come to the door and press the buzzer to request entry. While your car(s) are parked in your garage they are repaired by your mechanic (he costs $50 a day)

• Upvote 2

I'm pretty excited about getting four or more friends together and getting stuck in to some wonderful co-op missions. If the mission creator lets you make aerial courses then I think I'll spend a great deal of my time making up for a lack of multiplayer Pilotwings.

I'm wary, the gaming media have made every Rockstar online offering sound like the second coming, then everytime they've actually dropped I've been left severely underwhelmed.

Supposedly a lot more effort has been put in this time, but I'm going to expect the worst and hope for the best.

• Upvote 1

Put this in the main topic but I guess it goes here too. I found some online mission details on the disc so here's the exciting stuff:

• Trevor's ability from SP is available in multiplayer using bullshark Testosterone Pills
  • You can bet ingame money on deathmatches
  • You can place bounties on other players
  • Police will impound your personal vehicle if you are killed nearby it with a wanted rating
  • 1 in 10 times a player steals a car the owner will put a bounty out on them
  • You can drop weapons
  • Drug dealing is available as an activity, player can choose how much to cut drugs
  • Import/Export is back
  • Quite a few worrying events where NPC's call you
  • Players can assign interactions to a quickplay menu
  • Players can street race alone or do co-operative rally races where the second player navigates
  • You can hire a stripper to come to your apartment
  • Survival/Horde mode
  • Vehicle Deathmatches
  • Territory missions

Full details here:http://wp.me/p2xG7N-8S

So I joined the rllmuk crew - does this mean that once it's live and we've installed it and started it up and everything, we'll be able to see what each other are doing and invite each other for shoot-outs, races etc? So it's just like being XBox live friends, but only within this one game?

Or isn't that it?

The only thing that confuses me re crews is how that works in the free-roam mechanic.

I mean, presumably you dont want much infighting, so would you be doing jobs with your crew and then doing deathmatch modes if you want to fight another group?

I can't see you randomly coming across other crews normally as its only 16 players. So it's a bit of a different dynamic compared to a standard mmo type thing.

Regarding betting:

You're assigned odds based on your previous performance and how much money has been bet on you

Does the stuff I found match up to your experiences in the beta?

Put this in the main topic but I guess it goes here too. I found some online mission details on the disc so here's the exciting stuff:

• Trevor's ability from SP is available in multiplayer using bullshark Testosterone Pills
  • You can bet ingame money on deathmatches
  • You can place bounties on other players
  • Police will impound your personal vehicle if you are killed nearby it with a wanted rating
  • 1 in 10 times a player steals a car the owner will put a bounty out on them
  • You can drop weapons
  • Drug dealing is available as an activity, player can choose how much to cut drugs
  • Import/Export is back
  • Quite a few worrying events where NPC's call you
  • Players can assign interactions to a quickplay menu
  • Players can street race alone or do co-operative rally races where the second player navigates
  • You can hire a stripper to come to your apartment
  • Survival/Horde mode
  • Vehicle Deathmatches
  • Territory missions

Full details here:http://wp.me/p2xG7N-8S

Oh man

I loved Drug Dealing in Chinatown Wars. If it's even remotely like that or even better and more detailed I'm gonna sell some high quality yayo

Interesting reading p!nseekers little titbits here, as a friend of mine has been in the beta and has thoroughly hated what he has played of it so far.

He was talking to me on the phone one day while playing and basically no one online seemed interested in anything other than just shooting you in the face as soon as you joined a game, or as soon as you were spawned and able to be killed again. It didn't sound that great at all - but hopefully playing with people from here will fix that and they will want to team up and actually play it properly instead of being dicks.

Does the stuff I found match up to your experiences in the beta?

Yes very much so. I didn't experience everything you wrote about but things unlock as you rank up so I likely didn't rank up enough.

Stats are reset, but beta players get a cool 1 Meeelion dollars as a thank you :-)

Not sure if this is how it works in single player, but in multiplayer you can go into stores and threaten the cashier. You are encouraged to shout at cashier through the microphone, which can be pretty funny

Equally funny is watching someone else pull of a heist, and the pranks you can pull of, such shooting out all the tyres on their car whilst they are in the store, or replacing their fancy getaway car with a tractor