GTA Online: Cayo Perico heist out now.

I'd never turn off auto-aim. The whole deathmatch is based around snap-to aiming and cover usage - the controls just aren't up to the job of doing Call Of Duty Lite.

Fair point, though I do think deathmatches turn into killfests with auto-aim. It's just a shame it's such a hassle to turn it off for multiplayer.

It can be quite frustrating when you get a perfect run down a long straight road, sat back a few hundred yards behind a runner's car and raining down a volley of missiles, all of which miss. Possibly it's just a latency issue, as I've had missiles land practically on my head as a runner in the reverse situation.

It's not latency I think, just the car (or bike) going really fast, therefore being able to outrun the missile just before impact. Rightfully so, otherwise it would be nigh impossible to escape the hunters as soon as they get a lock-on. The trick is to find a spot where a runner has to slow down and land a hit just after that.

That said, I was doing 150 MPH down the straight into Vinewood in a Coquette last night and still got shot to bits by (I think) Wallbob. Might have been his machine gun then.

Top Fun needs team balancing turned off so that anyone proficient with and willing to fly a jet can switch to that team. With good pilots its by far the best experience I've had with this game. After a lot of practice I can use the jet pretty well, I never usually crash unless I'm being a bit eager trying to get people with the machine guns.

The missiles are very much not useless. Remember that you don't have to be accelerating for the jet to stay airborne and you can let off the thrust when you're approaching someone and you can stay behind them and fire off four or six missiles with one lock before you overtake them. Try to get the second/middle set to hit when they're turning or passing through traffic and you can get them. If they're on a long straight you're less likely to hit with the missiles and the machine guns are much harder to use, even though they're just as deadly.

There's just nothing as exciting in this game as racing down the street and either a line of .50 machine fun fire tears up the road and other cars or missiles slam into the cars near you and you narrowly avoid the explosion. I usually take jets just because I'm happier flying them than most people but being a runner is amazing.

Cargobob-based mission science!

Avoid having to lose the cops by going to the base with another player in separate vehicles. One player jumps in to the base and nabs the 'bob while the other player waits outside. Drop chopper off for waiting player and jump into their (preferably fast) vehicle and let them do the flying without a wanted level. Cargobob thief pootles off into mountains in fast vehicle to lose their stars.

So. Easy.

Cargobob-based mission science!

Avoid having to lose the cops by going to the base with another player in separate vehicles. One player jumps in to the base and nabs the 'bob while the other player waits outside. Drop chopper off for waiting player and jump into their (preferably fast) vehicle and let them do the flying without a wanted level. Cargobob thief pootles off into mountains in fast vehicle to lose their stars.

So. Easy.

I've managed it by flying the chopper to next to/ under the bridge and then stealth mode hiding under the bridge.

oooh, I don't know. I would assume it'll be primary selected crew. I'll give it a whirl tonight hopefully if I get a chance. :)

I'll find out this evening, UGVM is my primary crew & I have RLLMUK & the race crew added as other crews.

Crate drops. Are the crates supposed to be in the very near vicinity of the smoke flare, or can they be anywhere at all within the green circle?

Got a notification of a drop last night on the edge of the lake inbetween the two northern mini airports, one of which I was at, so I grabbed a chopper and hopped over the pond, absolutely certain no-one else had beaten me to it, and it was nowhere at all to be found. It was on the side of a bank and there were loads of bushes and trees around and river inlets, but I spent about 15min searching and there was no sign of it at all! Bah.

There was also no proper cover anywhere at all, so picking off the guys that appear was a bit tough!

Had a really funny outcome of the mission 'The Los Santos Conection' last night.

So it was six of us, me, Polmon, canapop, Kapowzer and two rando's. We all pair up and head off the dudes in the first bit, take them out by 'shooty crew tic-tacs' to the face, get the GPS and all bail out to the oilfields. We get to the oil fields and I die like a bitch, thus using up the sole team life for the mission. I spawn again and as the rest of us were all still alive and shooting mans in faces, I go and 'Hack the Gibson'. Feel myself getting shot in the middle of it and die again. Like a bitch.

So, I'm spectating like a Po-Ta-Toe and Kapowzer hacks, gets the info and everyone bails off to the Airport. At the airport, two of us (canapop I think and a rando) get in the two Buzzards near the entrance on the helipads. All five of them storm the hanger over on the far side. The one rando in the Buzzard just using the guns, being totally innefective. At this point, Polmon and I think Kapowzer had also died so me and Polmon were lamenting the rando's use of just guns over comms. Eventually, the drugs are collected, the vehicles blown up, the dude escaping in the jet eventually gets taken out just after fort Zancudo by canapop and the rando in the other Buzard on guns had also bought the farm. So, just canapop left to head off the Martin's place in the hills and deliver the coke. canapop seems to be a bit erratic flying near to Martins and we laugh about how absurd it would be for him to crash just before delivering the coke.

Luckily, canapop lands OK and gets out. Again, me and Polmon both have the same thought and Polmon says how stupid it would be for canapop if he walks into the tail rotor as he's walking to the yellow spot.

Allmost as if he heard us in the ether (he can't, by the way), he goes and walks straight into the rotor being rubbed out of digital existence with a puff of red mist.

Cue lots of laughter and I'm sure a few face palms.

2nd attempt goes off pretty much without a hitch. I 'Hack the Gibson' like a boss in about 20 seconds flat, we all survive and this time Polmon and a rando get the two Buzzards and cause some considerable upset to the enemies in the hanger. Almost blew the mission because the rando was continually shooting rockets into the hanger to get the one or two dudes up on the right hand side, but nearly destroying the coke. Even after repeated cries of Polmon telling him not to. I peg it in like a hero, kill the remaining dude, get the coke and made like a tree. Polmon shoots down the jet while it's still in the airport and heads off to Martins, we somehow magically transported coke via Star Trek beaming technology between us, he hands over the coke, we win the mission and the crowd goes wild.

Best mission I've encountered in the game so far.

Silly canapop. :)

Crate drops. Are the crates supposed to be in the very near vicinity of the smoke flare, or can they be anywhere at all within the green circle?

Got a notification of a drop last night on the edge of the lake inbetween the two northern mini airports, one of which I was at, so I grabbed a chopper and hopped over the pond, absolutely certain no-one else had beaten me to it, and it was nowhere at all to be found. It was on the side of a bank and there were loads of bushes and trees around and river inlets, but I spent about 15min searching and there was no sign of it at all! Bah.

There was also no proper cover anywhere at all, so picking off the guys that appear was a bit tough!

Crate drops can be a bit buggy sometimes. Basically, the way they are supposed to work is this: you get a notification of a crate drop, and a green area appears on the map, with a flare to indicate where the crate will actually drop. A short amount of time later (about 4 in game hours, I think), a plane flies over and drops the crate, you get a notification saying that the crate has been dropped, the green area disappears, and the crate icon is displayed in it's place.

Sometimes though, the plane never turns up, no crate is dropped, and the green area just stays there forever.

As Disco and Pow mentioned about, great PS3 sessions on this over the last couple of days. I loved the absolute carnage around that Armoured Truck on Friday night, it just kept respawning for about 45 minutes, and about 8-10 people in the session were just going at it all the time, with the cops / FIB going mental due to everyone having 3/4 stars pretty much all the time. Crazy times :D