GTA Online: Cayo Perico heist out now.

The phone missions are different from the missions you can trigger on the map, right?

Is there a way to play/replay the phone missions (i.e Trevor's) other than wait for them to come up in a text message (or phone the contact directly for a job)?

Sadly, no. Though Rockstar have indicated they're looking into an update that will let you select any (played?) mission.

Rockstar has released the free GTA Online Beach Bum update on Xbox Live. You can download it here, providing you've got 33.12 MB to spare.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/GTA-V/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802545408a7?nosplash=1

The pack should also download automatically when you fire up the game.

"Chill out with the free Beach Bum Update featuring all new beach-inspired customization options including striped board shorts, neon short shorts, inane tribal tattoos and shaggy hair," reads the description. "Cruise the Great Ocean Highway in new vehicles including the Paradise beach van, Bifta dune buggy, or take to the seas in the luxurious Speeder speedboat.

"Compete in new activities around the beaches of Los Santos and Blaine County including new Races, Deathmatches, Parachuting, Gang Attacks and more, or totally ruin everyone's vibe with new weapons like the brutal new broken bottle melee weapon and SNS Pistol."

The new vehicles won't cost you anything in-game, and will also be available in the game's story mode. Scroll down for a more detailed account of a select few Beach Bum missions.

Grass Route II" (Race): In this sequel to the original popular Grass Route Race, go off-road in an epic heat starting on the North bank of the Zancudo River through the treacherous wetlands with a triumphant finish on the beach in North Chumash.

"Survival on Del Perro Pier" (Survival): Skip the ferris wheel for a deadlier kind of thrill ride as you take on waves of relentless enemies at this beachfront attraction.

"View of Vespucci" (Parachuting): This leap sends you from 2,980 feet, down towards Vespucci Beach, weaving through palm trees to land on the basketball courts of the rec center. If you've got skills, it's possible to freefall through the first few checkpoints before even opening your chute.

"Paleto Beach" (Team Deathmatch): The locals complain that not a lot happens in this sleepy town, so do them a favor and wake 'em up with a barrage of gunfire exchanged between you and a rival team. This Team Deathmatch takes place right on the romantic shoreline for 4-8 players.

"Sundae Driving" (Bike Race): Sure to be a new fan-favorite motorbike race, menace Vespucci Beach on your two-wheel rocket, taking breakneck corners as you try and best the competition.

Does anyone know what an 'SNS Pistol' actually is? I cancelled my sub to Guns 'n' Ammo so I'm not that up on rogue gun names.

Look forward to some new bits and bobs though, I've been meaning to get an off-road vehicle as the Elegy and Gauntlet I've got are fucking useless off road.

Does anyone know what an 'SNS Pistol' actually is? I cancelled my sub to Guns 'n' Ammo so I'm not that up on rogue gun names.

Look forward to some new bits and bobs though, I've been meaning to get an off-road vehicle as the Elegy and Gauntlet I've got are fucking useless off road.

Having fired a few shots with it just now, it seems like a Walther PPK-like pistol - the one James Bond carried from time to time. The most powerful per shot though with less fire rate and range than the AP Pistol.

As for off-road vehicles: nothing will beat my Sultan RS :)

Ok I still can't figure this out, you get a text message telling you that Simeon is after three or four cars, So I find one of these cars & after I have shaken off the cops I take it to the autoshop for a respray, after this nothing happens? When I exit the car & re-enter it says that Simeon does not like personalised cars?

What am I doing wrong?

Yeah, just repair and respray, nowt else.

Also, I only just noticed yesterday something really really obvious that Simeons garage on the dock where you drop the cars off has a much quicker way of getting there than taking the flyover thing right round the bottom and outside of the island. You can turn off to the left into the incoming traffic straight to top bit of the island where all the crates are instead of driving all the way around. Makes it a lot quicker.

Everyone else probably noticed this first time they went but in case anyone else is as much of a GPS slave as I am occasionally...

Ok I still can't figure this out, you get a text message telling you that Simeon is after three or four cars, So I find one of these cars & after I have shaken off the cops I take it to the autoshop for a respray, after this nothing happens? When I exit the car & re-enter it says that Simeon does not like personalised cars?

What am I doing wrong?

Why are you exiting/re-entering the car? When you come out of the mod-shop, you should just drive straight for the 'S' on the map (far south-east Los Santos, the docks.) That 'S' will have silently appeared on the map, by the way, its not there until you have done the respray.

Oh, and are you sure it says he doesn't like personalised cars? If it actually say 'personal vehicles', that suggests you have had a tracker fitted, perhaps automatically if you used your home garage to escape the cops?

Why are you exiting/re-entering the car? When you come out of the mod-shop, you should just drive straight for the 'S' on the map (far south-east Los Santos, the docks.) That 'S' will have silently appeared on the map, by the way, its not there until you have done the respray.

Oh, and are you sure it says he doesn't like personalised cars? If it actually say 'personal vehicles', that suggests you have had a tracker fitted, perhaps automatically if you used your home garage to escape the cops?

That's it !! I yes I used my home garage to avoid the cops, Friggin Tracker !!

DOH !! I won't do that next time. Thanks for your help.

I take it there is no way to remove a tracker once fitted?

If I could I would +10 you :)

Had a go last night, a full 16 players in the session at last! Did a race, and by the time I finished (I was in the lead the whole way with a car that handles like a shopping trolley), I was the only one left in the race. Took on a mission, where I was joined by Lyrical Donut (I'm getting rid of that car, it's awful - I'm usually a much better driver!) and again, seconds after starting the final part of the mission I was the only person left.

After completing the mission, I went back out into the session and there was me and one other player.

Oh, before this I was invited into a Last Team Standing, Where somehow I was on a team of my own, team 2 was one other person on their own, and team 3 had 7 people!

I just got the update; I wondered if the vehicles just got randomly dropped into the gameworld but it seems they're available through the phone's web browser (the dune buggy, van, and jeep thing are at Southern SA Super Autos, whilst the Speeder is at Docktease) so you can just get them immediately :) I haven't ventured out to find the other stuff yet though...

EDIT: and then McSpeed invited me to a mission and I found myself rocking up to the waypoint in my Bravado Paradise van and trying to squeeze it through one of the underground tunnels :lol:

The joining thing in this is really a bit borked, I hope the beach bum update does include a worthwhile patch as almost every time my friends and I are in a closed crew session and do a phone mission, when we go back to freemode for the next phone mission or whatever, one or more of us is inevitably put into some other rogue session with other people or totally on our own. It's really weird.

If only that job select screen had another tab of phone missions it would be even better. In fact there are still quite a lot of weird little niggles that would make things so much nicer.

A way of putting up a persistent in car reticule for your guns, the weapon select having a way of defaulting which ones you want, or even just defaulting to your 'best' gun in that category, a proper way of ducking or even going prone, a proper selection of beards and clothes like the main game in MP, being able to have two people or more in a tank, helicopter requests actually being sent somewhere useful and not just always to the hospital, a way of customising your apartment, even if it was wallpaper colours it would be an improvement.

I bloody love it but some things just come across as even more glaring in their omission IMHO.

My plan of driving out the back of an in-flight Titan hit a snag when the van's front wheels popped off:

0_0.jpg

Luckily my blind bail out ended up not being too far off the ground, although Lyrical Donut — burning corpse not pictured — wasn't quite so fortuitous:

0_0.jpg

Nice addition, this Beach Bum pack. The SNS pistol feels a bit inaccurate but is quite powerful, and I suddenly have a wide array of silly hats, glasses, shorts and flipflops.

Love the new cars, too. Instantly ordered the two most funky ones and got them kitted up at LSC:

post-10054-0-31531500-1384886019.jpg

post-10054-0-43872000-1384886023.jpg

This in addition to my recently aquired Comet, which got the RS / Rauh Welt Begriff treatment:

post-10054-0-85680000-1384886031.jpg

And a pick featuring all my ten beauties and me wearing a silly hat:

post-10054-0-85361000-1384886040.jpg

I just got the update; I wondered if the vehicles just got randomly dropped into the gameworld but it seems they're available through the phone's web browser (the dune buggy, van, and jeep thing are at Southern SA Super Autos, whilst the Speeder is at Docktease) so you can just get them immediately :) I haven't ventured out to find the other stuff yet though...

EDIT: and then McSpeed invited me to a mission and I found myself rocking up to the waypoint in my Bravado Paradise van and trying to squeeze it through one of the underground tunnels :lol:

That was great! The title 'Sinking Feeling' made me think the mission had something to do with the submarine, but driving into the metro tunnels, killing some baddies, stealing their SUV's and escapring the sewers was very fun to do, too :)

This after a couple of good jobs with Redbloodcel, which saw us sneaking up on a gang to steal their truck (one of the new selectable co-op missions!), freeing a prisoner by sniping a bus driver and rescuing a hooker from a Lost-infested motel.

How does one go about selecting these new selectable co-op missions?

Online -> Jobs -> Host Job -> Missions

You can't see the difference between old and new ones, but I'm fairly sure there are around 8-10 missions that weren't there before this update (since I had a checkmark for pretty much all the missions before).

Some of these missions are set-up in the same way as those you get from contacts, requesting you to work together to complete objectives. It's nice to be able to select some instantly like this. We're getting there!

Finally splurged on a sweet pad last night, plumped for the $247k central 3-floor jobbie (the telescope is a nice touch) with 10 car garage, then set about collecting a fairly average set of vehicles, which I then spent $150k upgrading! have now got an old-school muscle car with a Starsky & Hutch tribute paint job, a fully-turbo'd 5-door all-black saloon (7-series rip-off) with armour and bullet-proof tyres for Ronin-esque* escape shenanigans, and a souped-up sports car painted in RLLM colours. Pics to follow tonight!

Am I correct in thinking that when you enter your garage with a newly-collected car it automatically gets a tracker fitted, but that it WON'T be insured, so essentially, if you take it out and leave it somewhere you will be able to track it on the map but if it gets destroyed you can't claim for a replacement?

*yes, I know Ronin was an A8, you pedants, but I couldn't find one!

Am I correct in thinking that when you enter your garage with a newly-collected car it automatically gets a tracker fitted, but that it WON'T be insured, so essentially, if you take it out and leave it somewhere you will be able to track it on the map but if it gets destroyed you can't claim for a replacement?

Yes correct, make sure you insure your lovely vehicles :)

Also you need to buy a motorbike, they are so much fun.

Yeah and get all your other free vehicles while you're there.

The only other in game car I would consider is probably the Voltic Coil (unashamed rip of Tesla Volt, obv) which is only about 150K and properly punts along.

It would be nice if you could actually face out the back properly as a passenger and not have to click the stick in, or get a bit like Boddickers gang at the start of Robocop if you're in a truck and open the backdoors and shoot out that way too.

Did some of the new races last night and a few other off road ones we'd never played before, they're shit loads of fun in the new vehicles. Not sure if hardly anyone had been on but we kept setting world records on them.

Found the pier survival a bit too busy though tbh, hadn't really found a great spot to defend (the alleyway is quite good) but some of the other bits have got so much furniture and stuff that it was quite hard to even see where the Lost were, let alone shoot them. They also seemed to wander about on the beach under the pier for a while as well, which was a bit annoying. For some reason it tickled us that on the day of release of the 'beach bum' pack, for about 2 hours playing, it was absolutely pissing it down for the whole time bar about 10 mins. :)