GTA Online: Cayo Perico heist out now.

Having other problems (on 360) though just now.

Got interesting sounding mission from Lester. Steal briefcase from secret meeting taking place on top of skyscraper building site. All I had to do was get a chopper, get to a nearby building, kill everyone and grab the package.

Straight-forward enough, other than the fact that when the mission started there didn't appear to be a single helicopter in the entire world. Not one at any reliable location, on the hospital, the impound, the site-seeing car park, the airports, the police hq, f*cking nothing.

Drove around for about 15min, and then in desperation started shooting people to get a 3* rating to see if I could nab a police chopper, but it turned out there were no cops either!

Total farce. Then when I eventually gave up and dropped back to a freeroam I discovered my sniper rifle had disappeared!

Nnnnng.

That mission's done the same to more than a few of us here. It's crazy.

One thing you can do if you are shit hot with the Jet is go straight to Fort Zancudo, jump in and just take one. Nobody stops you at all and you get no wanted stars doing it during that mission. Still no Buzzards at Fort Zancudo, though.

I did that and tried a few straffing runs but only got a few of them picked off from the very top. The ones hiding the next level down I couldn't get to at all.

Does getting better at the flying stat make you quicker? My mate and I robbed two jets to do the level 50 mission Extradition (good mish) and he tore past me and we were both flying Lazers. That was the only thing that it could be although it doesn't really make that much sense.

One thing you can do if you are shit hot with the Jet is go straight to Fort Zancudo, jump in and just take one. Nobody stops you at all and you get no wanted stars doing it during that mission. Still no Buzzards at Fort Zancudo, though.

I did that and tried a few straffing runs but only got a few of them picked off from the very top. The ones hiding the next level down I couldn't get to at all.

I called Merryweather and had them deliver a helicopter and shot the pilot. Got two people in copter with me to fly high above and drop grenades

Does getting better at the flying stat make you quicker? My mate and I robbed two jets to do the level 50 mission Extradition (good mish) and he tore past me and we were both flying Lazers. That was the only thing that it could be although it doesn't really make that much sense.

Were your wheels up?

Well that's somewhat reassuring anyway.

I called Merryweather and had them deliver a helicopter and shot the pilot. Got two people in copter with me to fly high above and drop grenades

I did consider that, but didn't fancy blowing the $5k to find out if the chopper would get close enough to commandeer, or if it would just hover around as its "support" role seemed to suggest!

I did consider that, but didn't fancy blowing the $5k to find out if the chopper would get close enough to commandeer, or if it would just hover around as its "support" role seemed to suggest!

The backup heli is separate to the pickup helicopter. Only the pickup one lands and you can headshot the pilot guilt free for the chopper.

Were your wheels up?

Interesting theory.... possibly not :facepalm:

I'm normally fairly particular about my wheels but after a spate of failing that collect a cargobob mission for Ron by flying to Fort Zancudo and continually forgetting to put the landing gear back down and then 'destroying' the plane by scraping it along the floor. I've been a bit more wary of going anywhere near the wheels button :P

That rooftop briefcase mission? After a bunch of attempts with no heli spawn to be found, I tried an alternative approach:

I went to freeroam, got a chopper, flew to the Maze building opposite, landed on the helipad, started the mission.

I then sniped alla the motherfuckers on the roof and engaged in an AMAZING and SPECTACULAR plan to retrieve the briefcase. Like Batman in Hong Kong, I stood on the edge of the ridiculously tall building, gazed into the abyss and jumped...

..immediately, I popped my chute and glided towards the construction site. Gunfire rang out around me, my armour was shredded instantly but I had just enough to protect me as I swooped up and on to the rooftop. More shots rang out ahead, for a couple of scallies had clearly managed to survive my earlier snipefest but no matter. SMG in hand, I took out alla those chumps and worked my way down towards the briefcase.

Finally, I retrieved it but this only succeeded in alerting a helicopter, so it was a tense game of cat and mouse as I tried to take out its gunners and pilot while knowing a mere second or two out of cover would see me dead. Eventually, the helicopter falls away, crashing into the mid levels of the Maze building.

"Ah!" I hear you say, "but how did you escape the construction site rooftop without a chopper or parachute? Surely your were trapped now!"

Not quite, for if you look carefully, you can see that connected to the roof are a couple of I-beams anchoring a nearby crane. Gingerly, I crept across the beam towards the ladder that would see me escape this high rise Hell I found myself in. After what seemed like an eternity, I finally reached the other side of the beam and just had to angle myself to drop onto a tiny platform whereupon I could access the ladder to freedom...

Naturally, it was at this point I bounced off a strut and fell hundreds of feet to my doom. But hey, it was okay, I still had one life left so I made out like a bandit and got the fuck out of there asap.

Fuck you, Rockstar, your shitty vehicle spawn mechanics can't stop me!

So I accidentally hit dooligan360 in the face with my gun last night and killed him. Sorry! I think you strayed too close to me as I was trying to hold off the po leece.

No worries mate I assumed it was an accident considering you weren't hostile the rest of the time. Hence my lack of bloody revenge :)

My favourite game is called obstacle course. When someone else is driving and you're in the passenger seat you shoot out the tyres of cars in front. You get a point every time the driver hits one of them. The trick is to shoot out the right tyre to get them to swerve in front of you. If they drive into the oncoming traffic you just shoot at all the cars so they drive erratically and fast.

Managed to make it half way across the city with Broker in the back of a Titan earlier. Kept shifting the camera to check if he was OK, lots of revving / crashy noise going on in there :lol:

Not actually tried this so don't know how obvious it is but how do you open the back of the Titan?

Shooting out tires as passenger game is great value. I also enjoy subtle sticky bombs, be it on other cars as you're driving, or on your mates car as he's in a shop. Or a recent favourite, stealing mates car, saying "sorry, I've left it down the road" sticky-ing it, using Lester to hide your blip and waiting in a good vantage point and then blowing it up as they turn up. Preferably just as they are about to get in the car.

Also, new fun (not particularly fun) game is stats top trumps. Worst record ever is over 2 days and something worth of playing online, only having managed to drive 6 miles without crashing :lol:

Hey folks - not been on here much but been loving me some of this online and playing when I can. Been in quite a few random free roams, races and missions with Mukers off my friends list over that time. Can my request to the 360 clan be answered please - I am on at least a couple of times a week.

I'm pretty big pimping now - mainly been playing with randoms so the road racing has been a favourite. I think I have the similar 'mid town' high end apartment as most others - the one with northerly views.

Chosen similar cars to mod too - when I'm not winning races I like to drive around in my armoured and bulletproof dominator and other muscle car collection.

The 500K almost gave me enough for a tank but I made do with a maverick as my first flying vehicle instead and still packing a fat pocket. Loving this.

Hey folks - not been on here much but been loving me some of this online and playing when I can. Been in quite a few random free roams, races and missions with Mukers off my friends list over that time. Can my request to the 360 clan be answered please - I am on at least a couple of times a week.

I think Ashmatuk is still in charge of the GTA 360 crew? It's probably been full up for a while again now - might have to poke him to see if he can get you a spot.

And feel free to (re-)add me on Live, I'm still up for some good sessions of GTA Online every now and then :)

Anyone on this tonight? I'm just looping around Down The Drains at the moment trying to get one more win (again) so I can get turbo for my cars .

Speaking of which - has anyone gone very far with upgrading the cars and seeing how the performance increases? It seems that all of the mods only affect the acceleration, and it also looks like buying Turbo Tuning will completely fill the acceleration stat, meaning engine upgrades 3 and 4 will be pointless? Anyone know how this works?

Unlocking sticky bombs have turned me into an (even more of) asshole. As soon as the High Priority Vehicle appears I hare down to the docks in a big car, block Simeons garage with in and attach a sticky, once the person delivering the car is in range, BOOOOOM! The fact that they have spent money doing it up appears to provoke even more rage. I'm a bad man.

Is it true that you stop getting any more phone missions at level 81?

Some of my mates are on 80 and we've resorted to just trying novelty things even more as we're getting a really weird re-run of missions even when you request them, we were given a level 16 mission on the phones the other day. Are the ones that you get given on request related to how high it's been rated?

Had no joy but a lot of amusement attempting to get a car in a titan, didn't manage it very far at all, kept on blowing each other up.