Sign in to follow this  
Wahwah*

If you're not planning on getting one, what would it take to make you buy a Wii U?

Nintendo are bundling Mario with WiiU this Christmas.

Surprisingly, resident Nintendo Fan and multiple Nintendo console owner, Scottcr has weighed in with the assertion that Nintendo's latest £250 bundle represents a "bloody good deal".

With this ringing endorsement surely making many users who hadn't considered purchasing the console rethink their position I ask: If you're not already a WiiU owner and you're not already considering a purchase, what would it take for you to get onboard with WiiU?

Edit: I honestly don't know why this is getting negged.

• Upvote 13
  • Downvote 7

I don't mean this as neg bait, but even if it was free I still wouldn't have one.

My gaming time is limited (1st-world probs etc.) and I have a Vita, a 360, a PS3 pile of shame, with a PS4 not long away. I just don't have the inclination to find more space under the telly for maybe one or two WiiU games that would interest me.

But clearly the gaming world is a better place with the WiiU in it. So more power to your (waggling) elbow.

• Upvote 1

I'd probably pay 200-250 euros for the machine if its library had a good selection of games with one or two absolute must haves thrown in. The problem is that third party exclusive support is nil and the few multiplatform games that are released are are inferior to the PC version. And it will lag even further behind when the next gen kicks off. This leaves Nintendo's games, but these - both released and announced - so far failed to excite me and I still don't see any added value in the touchscreen stuff.

A must-have title that I can't get anywhere else. In my world, that would probably be something along the lines of a Street Fighter 5 or Persona 5 exclusive, but in terms of more realistic things I'm keeping an eye on Bayonetta 2... ;)

A zelda that is better than Skyward Sword and i'd probably still only go for about £60 in total. I'd love to play a new zelda, but i have no time or reason otherwise to get one.

Although some form of prime-esque metroid, that was closer to the first than the 3rd would illicit the same reaction.

Or maybe an Eternal Darkness sequel.

Basically £60 with a game as above, or £100 with two.

I have no interest in a prime over a basic.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A white Wii U (too many black products in the house, and the PS4 on the way too. I know, racist!) with bundled Wiimote Plus and Nunchuk and Sensor Bar (because I never had a Wii). And Mario Kart U (looks gorgeous), all for £200.

I really don't know. I thought I would have got one by now. Pikmin 3 should have been a real draw and the wonderful 101 too. Somehow, I still don't care. I would probably bite at £150 with Pikmin 3.

• Upvote 1

GTA V on a Wii U or something similar. Resi 4 was once a Nintendo exclusive and made me buy a Gamecube so something similar perhaps. Maybe. Nah, probably not.

The lack of online features with Wii games really let it down and consoles post-360 need to better Xbox Live. What's the Wii U like online?