rllmuk
Hexx

Hearthstone

I got a priest legendary from the six packs. Not that excited by any of the new stuff, so will open about fifty or so and see what to craft.

I got Warlock Legendary and the other Warlock cards. Don’t know if that’s good or not. and Priest Loa and Spirit <_<

EDIT: Just opened 17 packs, must have got walk the Plank 7 times, Springpaw at least 5 (two in one pack twice!). Got Druid Wardruid Loti <_< 

4 legendaries from 73 packs, 5 with frog loa/shammy given as log in.

The main problem for me is there isn't necessarily anything obvious that I can see to put in the mechathun Priest deck. :unsure:

Main thing I want to try sometime is that warlock epic that destroys half the opponents deck. Destroy the druids in the most embarassing way possible, bwahaha!

Finally finished my Jade Druid grind of shame to get my 9th golden hero yesterday. Now to relax and mess around playing golden Whizbang until I can work out what to focus on - I've got a stack of gold and dust but don't want to rush into anything yet.

Can someone change the thread title to Hunterstone please? 

60odd packs, 3 legends plus the freebie. Rubbish. 

To add insult to injury - I got 8 wins in the brawliseum.  The prize pool for that many includes a golden legendary. I got 200 dust. 

Is Princess Talanji any good? Just got a golden version, so if she’s shit, I’ll dust it for two decent Legendaries. Mind you, I still have over 3,000G and 8,000 dust. 

Next question: what’s good?

@Mr Cochese

after that whupping I’ve decided I need one of those evil even pally decks, but I’m missing some cards. 

with the the cards I have :

### Evener
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (2) Amani Berserker
# 2x (2) Equality
# 2x (2) Hydrologist
# 1x (2) Immortal Prelate
# 1x (2) Sound the Bells!
# 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
# 2x (4) Blessing of Kings
# 1x (4) Chillblade Champion
# 2x (4) Consecration
# 2x (4) Corpsetaker
# 1x (4) Saronite Chain Gang
# 1x (4) Spirit of the Tiger
# 2x (4) Truesilver Champion
# 1x (6) Avenging Wrath
# 1x (6) Genn Greymane
# 2x (6) Spikeridged Steed
# 1x (6) Sunkeeper Tarim
# 1x (6) Windfury Harpy
# 1x (8) Dinosize
# 1x (8) The Lich King
# 1x (8) Tirion Fordring

AAECAZ8FDLcE+gaWCarBArnBApvLAsLOAvfQAvnsAs30AuaGA++GAwncA/QFlgbPBq8H9gezwQKIxwKW6AIA

How does that compare to yours?

11 minutes ago, And said:

@Mr Cochese

after that whupping I’ve decided I need one of those evil even pally decks, but I’m missing some cards. 

How does that compare to yours?

I'm actually missing the Tirion from mine. The main difference is I'm running Kangor and the Crystal Knight (`cos I never used these before), a swamp ooze and spellbreaker, and Argent Protector instead of Ring The Bells/Immortal Prelate.

Ooze is a good idea. Thinking behind Bells is a cheap trigger for the pyromancer. I’ll let you know how it goes. 

More nerfs just about to hit.

Cold Blood is going up to 2 mana

Hunters Mark is going up to 2 mana

Emerald Spellstone is going up to 6 mana

Flametongue totem is going up to 3 mana

Equality is going up to 4 mana

none of these seem unreasonable.  All still playable at the new mana cost, but knocks them down enough to not make them auto includes.  Though it sounds like for a few of them they found at the current mana it limited what they could do with future cards - equality in particular was mentioned as making it awkard when giving paladins any kind of board clear or aoe removal as having such a cheap combo card to hand could be too strong.  It should also be mentioned that the FT change pushes that out of even shaman now, though the spellstone change puts it and the secrets together for a potential even hunter.  Not sure how strong a 1 mana steady shot would be - probably not enough to make it top tier - though I’m sure well see a few people playing it.

On another note, they’ve got a lunar new year bundle - £19.99 (bought through iOS) for 30 pack, 10 of each from Raztakhan, Boomsday and Witchwood.  I bought it because I’m a sucker, and statistically I did great from the number of legendaries I got - 4 in total.  However, the 4 I got, none were from Raztakhan (which I hoped I’d get as I’ve not got many from there yet), 3 were from Boomsday (both Myra Rogue cards and Mechac’thun) and the last one was the warrior spire card from Witchwood that sucks balls.  So basically none of the ones I wanted.

Myras spell might get some use.  I know its played in some of the deck types where you fill your deck with academic espionage and nerubian stalkers, so I might look into that.  I’ve been playing a version Brian Kibler plays with it that doesn’t use it, but it’s a lot of fun.  Myra herself has made me try a deathrattle deck, which I had most the rest of the cards to, which Ive also been finding fun.  I’ve literally got no interest in trying the other 2 and can never see me using them, so I think they’re gonna get dusted.  I usually dont dust legendaries just in case, but I really cant see these being used.

I'm so sick of mechathun already, i just played a druid who had 40 armour, it's not a 2 player game, they're just playing solitaire. Hopefully they'll lose the ability to pull off stalling long enough to combo. 

Come on rotation, hurry up and change things up before i get so bored i quit.

But Mechathun (aka best card in the game) will be with us for another year. ^_^

So what do we think of the hall of fame? Glad to see the back of the odd/even mechanic?

I have crafted all the ones moving that I don’t have for the free dust and should get a total refund of about 9k dust. 

I think it's probably the right choice; we've seen with the nerfs since Genn and Baku came into the game (with Equality having to be increased by two mana so it didn't make Odd Paladin stronger, or Giggling Inventor being raised by two mana so it couldn't be included in Even decks), they really actually were limiting design space, not to mention making everyone's life difficult/boring. When those two continued to shape the meta for the next year, even with no additional support (in the direct, 'if your deck has only Odd/Even cards...' sense), I can't imagine it would've been well received.

In any case, with Genn, Baku, Carnivorous Cube, and all of the Death Knights and Quests rotating out, the next expansion should actually look pretty different for a change, though I'm not confident Blizzard won't immediately introduce something else that has to be built around and/or is completely busted and warps the meta for the next two years anyway - they need something interesting/broken to try and raise the hype levels for new expansions, and trying to do that and keep the game balanced seems like a thankless task.

Why are they sending Doomguard to HoF? Baku going fucks my main decks over also. Still, I have 3,500G and over 9,000 dust saved up. +1,600 for Baku... I should be able to craft a decent deck. 

On the one hand I’ll kind of miss the deckbuilding aspect of the odd/even theme, but I think having something like that (especially tied to a start of game effect making it super powerful and consistent) as a limited time thing is fine.  I stifles future design choices too much to really be worth keeping, but for an expansion set or so, its fine.  Having the odd/even consideration when designing sets for another year would likely just end up with them having to drop stuff so as not to create OP Baku/Genn decks and limited what they could do a load.

The doomguard thing is supposedly because they dont want warlocks to be able to deal on burst face damage to the point they can with doomguard.  Which is one thing, but the other was that for a charge minion it was really well statted and you could often play it without the drawback being that severe.  It never felt oppresive to the point where it felt like an issue, at least to me, but I can see the logic in removing it.

Right, I am focused now. Rank 5 reached with nearly 4 weeks to go, time to hit Legendary before everything cycles out. Rank 4 my best so far, got to be able to beat that this time...

Edit: winrate 58% and rising...

• Upvote 1

On 03/03/2019 at 19:47, shirubagan said:

If I craft Greymane I get the dust back and I get to keep the card, right?

Yes, and if you have the dust you may as well craft anything getting HoF'd that you don't already have as they're effectively free

• Upvote 1

What about if I craft golden baku now? Will I get 1600 + 3200 dust for having both versions of baku?