IGNORED

Hearthstone

Hexx

1 hour ago, And said:

Mechathun can fuck off though

It really can. Came across the first time today, guy was on a couple of health, I was on 28, he had no  minions out, I had about 4.

They then deliberately floated the card to play out until the rope almost had burned down. What a dick.

I had a priest play it with some bullshit combo that let him play 3 deathrattle minions cheap that then die at the end of the turn, one pulled it from his hand when the minion died and the 2 ticking abominations then somehow triggered it despite them dieing before it should have been played by the other card. Twat

I’ve still not seen it played yet. I’m pretty sure I’ve played decks that were running it, like the Priest I just beat then (otherwise the Hemet he played didn’t make a lot of sense), but the tempo of the Odd/Deathrattle Rogue decks seems to mean that they can’t play it, let alone activate it.

The preorder packs. Wasn't bad, but wasn't amazing either. No Mecha'Cthun, crafted him straight after! (along with Wizbang, of course)

Preorder Golden Legendaries were: Kangor's Endless Army, The Boomship.

My girlfriend is a lapsed player who’ll occasionally just jump back in for a bit, get me to make her some decks (which is often difficult with what someone has when they haven’t played for months), then lose interest again a few weeks.

Today I logged in on her account, opened her free packs, tidied her collection a bit, and crafted her a Whizbang, working on the assumption that that will sort her out for a year or two. She made a comment about me doing her quests for her too, so I queued into a few games, at rank 25, with the Whizbang.

Now I want a golden Whizbang.

In all seriousness, the decks are pretty decent, and are certainly generous with the epics and legendaries - the first deck I used was maybe one or two cards removed from the Deathrattle Rogue I’ve piloted to rank 2 this season, so it’s pretty good. I wasn’t exactly playing Hearthstone’s best and brightest at that rank (I played a Warrior who coined and hero-powered on turn 1 in one game), and some of the decks probably would’ve been a bit questionable against better opposition, with better tools of their own, but I only lost one game out of four or five, and that was to a pretty decent Druid deck.

So yeah, first impressions suggest Whizbang wouldn’t be great for serious laddering, but it’s a good way to get a bit of variety/see a lot of the new cards, and I had a lot of fun with it. I’m certainly envious of anyone who got it as a freebie.

2 hours ago, shirubagan said:

Would it be worth dusting a golden Voraxx for Whizbang? It’s not a good card is it? 

Voraxx isn’t great, no. I remember seeing it in a weird buff Paladin someone got to legend with on reddit recently, but frankly it’s a bit shit, and will rotate in 6-8 months anyway. Dusting stuff is a bit questionable sometimes, but if you’ve not used it yet, and don’t think you’re likely to, then yay, free legendary!

It might be worth considering other options, especially if you’re trying to ladder and have (most of) some other good decks, but as long as you know what you’re letting yourself in for then in a weird way Whizbang is actually just about the safest craft there’s ever been - there aren’t any other cards you’ll need to craft in order to make your target deck, seeing as Whizbang is the only card you’ll ever need for your Whizbang deck(s).

I haven't really played much since Frozen Throne where I never got past 12, I think. To be honest, I'm not much into the deck crafting either. I've got 3295 dust right now. So, I'd be crazy not to craft Whizbang right now, right?

Only other question is whether I get the golden one for the sparkles or get another legendary that's good in any deck.

1 hour ago, James Lyon said:

I haven't really played much since Frozen Throne where I never got past 12, I think. To be honest, I'm not much into the deck crafting either. I've got 3295 dust right now. So, I'd be crazy not to craft Whizbang right now, right?

Only other question is whether I get the golden one for the sparkles or get another legendary that's good in any deck.

Blow up people with Mecha'thun instead. You'll never stop laughing. ^_^

I felt this expansion was too expensive so didn't buy into it immediately.

had gold for 20 packs, plus the free ones and I pulled zilliax for my freebie, Luna's pocket galaxy and kangor's restless army.

i crafted doctor boom and I'm now out of dust :(

I’m a proud Mecha’thun priest.

It’s less bullshit than classes that rely on discovering or generating spells. There’s an inevitability to it. The only real random part of it is when you draw Hemet. 

I’ve won so many games because people try and clear my shitty minions rather than just pound my face. I suspect I only have a couple more days left until they all catch on. 

I did it. I crafted the golden Whizbang. Won two out of my first five games with it so, er, pretty decent for me. Definitely loads of cards in those decks I don't have, so worth the dust.

10 hours ago, NEG said:

Blow up people with Mecha'thun instead. You'll never stop laughing. ^_^

Looks tempting. Perhaps my next legendary if it still keeps its potency over the coming months.

9 hours ago, QuackQuack said:

I’m a proud Mecha’thun priest.

It’s less bullshit than classes that rely on discovering or generating spells. There’s an inevitability to it. The only real random part of it is when you draw Hemet. 

I’ve won so many games because people try and clear my shitty minions rather than just pound my face. I suspect I only have a couple more days left until they all catch on. 

If everyone starts adding a steal card that'll be more problematic but he's viable in control decks too. Put him into the mech control warrior and that deck already has the likes of Dr Boom, Grommosh and doubling the size of your deck/armor to deal with. Copy your hand while MechaCthun is in hand for further lawls.

Wizbang is limited in the long run. Great for free to play but ranked is going to get refined quickly and then we'll be cursing wizbang more than likely. It always feels better to lose with a deck you yourself constructed, even with a limited library of cards to choose from.

Edit: And that's from someone who hadn't preordered anything since the Blackrock adventure.

3 hours ago, NEG said:

Wizbang is limited in the long run. Great for free to play but ranked is going to get refined quickly and then we'll be cursing wizbang more than likely. It always feels better to lose with a deck you yourself constructed, even with a limited library of cards to choose from.

Edit: And that's from someone who hadn't preordered anything since the Blackrock adventure.

I think it's definitely good for the likes of me who doesn't have the time or inclination to climb the ladder.

One of my first Whizbang games was as a quest warrior. I'd have never got the cards together for any quest combo otherwise.

I would hope all the deck combinations would at least be viable below rank 15 with nobody really implementing knowledgeable hard counters at that level. I'm sure I'll come up with a few other self-constructed decks anyway.

1 hour ago, Mr Cochese said:

What does golden Whizzbang do that the regular one doesn't? There are a bunch of references to it up-page.

It makes all of the cards in the decks gold. Which is obviously amazing/pointless, but pointless/great.

On 10/08/2018 at 12:55, And said:

I had a priest play it with some bullshit combo that let him play 3 deathrattle minions cheap that then die at the end of the turn, one pulled it from his hand when the minion died and the 2 ticking abominations then somehow triggered it despite them dieing before it should have been played by the other card. Twat

Just to comment on how how this is possible, because it’s completely consistent with the rules of how deathrattles work.  Deathrattles trigger and resolve in the order cards are played.  So in this case, they’ll have played the “kill deathrattle minions at the end of your turn” card, followed by coffin crasher (? Think that’s the name, the one that summons a deathrattle minion from your hand when it dies), then the 2 ticking abominations.  So coffin crashers deathrattle triggers and resolves first in this case, summoning Mecha C’thun and putting him on the board prior to the 2 ticking abominations going off, which allows them to kill him.  If he’d played those cards in a different order it wouldn’t have worked.

It may seem like bullshit it this case, but it’s a consistent system that does make sense to work this way without having a number of specific rules to confuse things,

Still not cleared Monster Hunt. Got Toki and Houndmaster to do.

I like the start of the new Boomsday solo play, some nice puzzles to try and figure out but I reckon they will be hurting my brain before too long. Thing is there will be answers out there on the web, would rather try and avoid them if I can

26 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

Are the boss portraits in the new adventure mode borked for everyone else? Keeps trying to find a missing PSD and I have to keep hitting OK until it checks all the portraits. 

Not had any problems myself