IGNORED

Hearthstone

Hexx

45 minutes ago, Padster said:

Had something happen to me today that I've personally never seen before in several years of playing. Playing Rogue vs Mage, I have definite lethal on the board next turn, but I am on 2 health. Opponent is top decking, so he might pull a Fireball or Frostbolt and kill me. Or he might not and he is dead. He floats his unplayed card in front of me right until the last second of his rope just to see whether I'll randomly concede. It was (obviously) no use to him, but does that strategy ever work? Is anyone that daft?

Happened loads to me. Everytime it happens I just spam the greetings and thanks emote and it tends to make them concede.

90 packs -

5 legends including the free one, including both Druid ones.  handful of epics, surprisingly not all the rares. 

Got about 1900 in spades to dust and another 1800 already so should be ok to craft a couple of legends once the must haves appear. 

Just gone to log in and the page for Hearthstone in my Battle Net launcher is blank. All the others are OK (Diablo, Starcraft 2) just the HS one is buggered. Tried to launch it from it's folder and it says it needs to download. Hmm. Was fine this morning

EDIT : Working once I redownloaded the launcher. Got the Warlock legendary.

Oh, I also got the Warlock 1 mana Legendary “Draw three cards. These cards will self destruct at the end of your turn”. 

New expansions always drop once I get a rhythm going with a deck, then just ruin everything. Hopefully Baku Rogue will get some nice tweaks. 

Its tempting to delete all decks, and see how far you can go with Whizbang

Looking at some of the new deck suggestions, I would like to play Malygos Rogue and Bomb Hunter but Im missing the legendaries for those, and also for a few other options. Same as every new expansion really, and Whizbang is an interesting solution to that problem, and also a great way of learning more of the game and get to play all of the heroes.

I've crafted Dr.Boom already, it just looks so great, made a control warrior deck which has a 100% win rate so far (1 game) 

The 5 i got were Electra, the 2 druid ones, whizbang and Myra the rogue one. Not really sure what to do with any of them yet 

One of the good things about it is that it makes someone like me play the classes I normally cant be bothered with, like the Warrior, Druid, and Paladin. It looks like the games you play are registered on the appropriate hero for the win tally as well. At least I got some hero quests done like that.

https://www.metabomb.net/hearthstone/gameplay-guides/whizbang-the-wonderful-deck-list-guide-deck-recipes-lists-tips-combos

The golden whizbang also gives you golden cards in all games, and the golden hero portraits btw

4 hours ago, shirubagan said:

Oh, I also got the Warlock 1 mana Legendary “Draw three cards. These cards will self destruct at the end of your turn”. 

New expansions always drop once I get a rhythm going with a deck, then just ruin everything. Hopefully Baku Rogue will get some nice tweaks. 

That Warlock one is great in a Zoo deck. After about turn 5 it's absolutely brilliant, because you'll probably be able to use at least two of the cards.

On Odd Rogue, I've not played too much yet, but Giggling Inventor seems good, as it practically guarantees you have something on the board the following turn. Beyond that there's not been too many changes to most versions I've seen tried so far, though a Heal version (like Zoo) is gaining popularity. Either way, Myra's Unstable Element has turned out to be an amazing Odd Rogue card, as it gives you one last chance to kill people off when you start to stall, when otherwise you might've just run out of steam. That, Giggling Inventor and Fungalmancer were the only 5-drops in my last build last night, to try and take advantage of slower decks.

I got a good number of legendaries, if not much that I was too excited about; Zilliax, Myra, both the Hunter ones, both Mage ones, Dr Morrigan,  and the Priest spell (because I'm an idiot*). Crafted Dr Boom and Myra's Unstable Element so far, having disenchanted a couple of those which I think are irredeemable (in decks I'd actually want to play), and am saving the rest of my dust for something interesting, though I know at some point someone's coming up with an expensive Warrior deck I want to try , and I'll end up crafting the Boomship.

In other news - Deathrattle Rogue might actually be good (at least until aggro takes over), and I managed to beat a Druid using a version of Miracle Rogue with double Academic Espionage and Tess (which means I can die happy). The last game I played with the Deathrattle Rogue had me go from having a solitary 2/2 on turn 6 to a 4/6 and four 7/7s on turn 7 (which seemed good). The Miracle deck involved playing a 1-mana 8/8, a 1-mana Spreading Plague, and one of the stupidest win conditions I've ever conjured - playing one of those Druid 5/3 minions that give do 2 damage to all minions, or give them all 2/2 (for 1 mana), then Vilespining it to give my board the buff I needed to push for lethal.

It's stuff like that reminds me why I main Rogue...

* I didn't realise that having a golden legendary meant you couldn't pull the regular version until it was too late... :facepalm:

42 minutes ago, ronin said:

One of the good things about it is that it makes someone like me play the classes I normally cant be bothered with, like the Warrior, Druid, and Paladin. It looks like the games you play are registered on the appropriate hero for the win tally as well. At least I got some hero quests done like that.

https://www.metabomb.net/hearthstone/gameplay-guides/whizbang-the-wonderful-deck-list-guide-deck-recipes-lists-tips-combos

The golden whizbang also gives you golden cards in all games, and the golden hero portraits btw

I'm liking it as I get to see some of the new mechanics without having loads of the cards. Fun way to play.

1 hour ago, And said:

@JDubYes

deathrattle rogue list please!

Spoiler

### No Bones
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (1) Cold Blood
# 2x (1) Fire Fly
# 2x (2) Eviscerate
# 2x (2) Sap
# 2x (3) Devilsaur Egg
# 2x (3) Necrium Blade
# 2x (3) Void Ripper
# 2x (4) Blightnozzle Crawler
# 2x (4) Elven Minstrel
# 2x (5) Carnivorous Cube
# 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
# 2x (5) Necrium Vial
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 2x (6) Mechanical Whelp

AAECAaIHAq8EoIADDrQBjALNA4gHhgmrwgLrwgKL4QLb4wL96gK09gLe+gLs/ALRgQMA

# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Still plenty of optimising to be done there - I took out a Shinyfinder and added a Blightnozzle to the list I saw, and there’s another I’ve seen on HSReplay that has a higher winrate, but I like the flavour of this one better. I just need to work in Myra now, maybe for that second Blightnozzle...

In other news, one of my new favourite things is Combo Priests BMing, spending ages on their combo, then fucking it up and conceding.

The lesson is - never, ever concede to a combo Priest, because there’s a reason that deck is generally not very successful when it’s not piloted by the very best. Look at one of Trump’s videos from yesterday for supporting evidence.

2 hours ago, And said:

I'm missing void rippers, vials, zilliax and a whelp from that list, I have a very similar deck though with umbra and myra in 

Zilliax is really good, and actually great in a lot of decks, but in this he can attach to the Whelps, Dragons and Blightnozzles, as well as being great in his own right. A 10/9 with Divine Shield, Rush and Lifesteal is never bad.

Vials are expensive (both in mana and dust), but enable some absolutely insane plays, especially with Prep, so you can sort of see why.

I’ve actually tried taking out the Void Rippers (which I was finding a bit underwhelming a lot of the time) and have put in Sonya and Myra, and now it’s a full blown Clown Fiesta. Just beat a Zoo by just using the Sonya/Ooze (from the Blightnozzle - it’s got Rush and Poisonous) combo on his entire board for the last four turns, while stabilising myself and then finishing him off. It’s still not perfect, but it’s my favourite deck so far this expansion, and that’s just made it even more fun.

I actually usually spread myself around a bit more when new expansions drop, try all the new stuff, but I seem to have retreated even more into my Rogue comfort zone than normal this time. We may not have gotten the best cards, but we definitely seem to have gotten the most fun.*

* saw a post on Reddit this morning where some guy had Prepped out Academic Espionage on turn 1, then topdecked Frost Lich Jaina on turn 2. That’s completely insane.

Liked that brawl, felt sorry for the first guy I played with though as I didn't 100% get it until too late (I had no idea the pinata was turning up)

Second game was good with a decent player, we made it with my rogue on 1 health

@JDubYes

ive got 200 dust and 1900 in undusted duplicates so I’m close to having the dust for ziliax and the 2 vials. Just waiting for the meta to settle before crafting/dusting anything else. 

### Deathrogler
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 1x (0) Preparation
# 2x (1) Cold Blood
# 2x (1) Fire Fly
# 1x (2) Cavern Shinyfinder
# 2x (2) Eviscerate
# 1x (2) Lab Recruiter
# 2x (2) Sap
# 2x (3) Devilsaur Egg
# 2x (3) Necrium Blade
# 2x (3) Violet Haze
# 2x (4) Elven Minstrel
# 1x (4) Spiritsinger Umbra
# 1x (4) Weaponized Piñata
# 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
# 1x (5) Myra Rotspring
# 1x (6) Mechanical Whelp

so when I get the dust I’ll add in another prep, whelp, and 2 vials. 

Think violet haze might be too slow though. 

Seeing lots of hunters with bombs at the mo. Annoying

Violet Haze is a pretty terrible card, I think. I’d drop that in a heartbeat.

The other cards I’ve seen copies of in other people’s Deathrattle Rogues that I’m considering for mine are SI:7 Agent (always good for early game tempo, especially when your deck has Backstab and Firefly), Vilespine Slayer and, interestingly, Blade Flurry. Might be worth considering those instead, especially with so much Zoo about.

Edit - @And have you got Mossy Horrors? Had a thought earlier about a move that worked really well in a Deathrattle Hunter I was playing last season, as they’re both an activator and an amazing clear against Aggro, Spreading Plague and now Giggling Inventor. Swapped out Myra, Sonya and the Preperations for SI:7 Agents and Mossy Horrors, and this build feels strong now.

Spoiler

### Graveyard Shift
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (1) Cold Blood
# 2x (1) Fire Fly
# 2x (2) Eviscerate
# 2x (3) Devilsaur Egg
# 2x (3) Necrium Blade
# 2x (3) SI:7 Agent
# 2x (4) Elven Minstrel
# 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
# 2x (5) Necrium Vial
# 2x (5) Vilespine Slayer
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 2x (6) Mechanical Whelp
# 2x (6) Mossy Horror

AAECAaIHAq8EoIADDrQBjAKIB90IgcICq8IC68ICi+EC2+MCy+wCtPYC3voC7PwC0YEDAA==

# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

@JDubYes

I’d come to that conclusion re the haze

horrors is a great shout. I’ll stick those in and see how I get on. Cheers

edit - my build is now very similar to yours, I’ve myra, umbra and a Sap instead of the vials and ziliax until I get some more dust. 

When do we think its safe to dust duplicates - anything seem nerf worthy yet? 

2 hours ago, And said:

@JDubYes

I’d come to that conclusion re the haze

horrors is a great shout. I’ll stick those in and see how I get on. Cheers

edit - my build is now very similar to yours, I’ve myra, umbra and a Sap instead of the vials and ziliax until I get some more dust. 

When do we think its safe to dust duplicates - anything seem nerf worthy yet? 

I’m just constantly switching stuff out now. For every game a Vilespine saves me there’s another where I can’t actuvate the bloody thing. Similar with the SI:7s (and their lack of synergy). Then I switch them back out for the legendaries and the Saps. Then two games later I switch back. I’ve even tried a build with the Spellstone (which was a bit shit).

At some point I’ll cone up with a build I’m totally sold on, I’m sure.*

* I probably won’t.

11 minutes ago, JDubYes said:

I’m just constantly switching stuff out now. For every game a Vilespine saves me there’s another where I can’t actuvate the bloody thing. Similar with the SI:7s (and their lack of synergy). Then I switch them back out for the legendaries and the Saps. Then two games later I switch back. I’ve even tried a build with the Spellstone (which was a bit shit).

At some point I’ll cone up with a build I’m totally sold on, I’m sure.*

* I probably won’t.

Yeah. I’m doing similar. About 50/50 so far. 

Mechathun can fuck off though