IGNORED

Hearthstone

Hexx

So here’s an odd one. Just played a Mage who played Geddon then Frostlich Jaina, giving it Lifesteal. When Geddon’s end of turn triggered, it took a total of 4 damage from my hero and a minion, giving her 14 health back. That’s broken as fuck isn’t it? I thought Lifesteal was only from direct/face attacks and it’s also some terrible maths. 

On 03/07/2018 at 22:59, shirubagan said:

So here’s an odd one. Just played a Mage who played Geddon then Frostlich Jaina, giving it Lifesteal. When Geddon’s end of turn triggered, it took a total of 4 damage from my hero and a minion, giving her 14 health back. That’s broken as fuck isn’t it? I thought Lifesteal was only from direct/face attacks and it’s also some terrible maths. 

No, it’s how any effect that is triggered by damage works and is consistent in the game with similar effects - if something is triggered by a minion dealing damage, how the damage is dealt doesn’t matter.  In that case, I’m assuming they must have had minions too? The damage from Geddons AoE that damages them and your opponent would also have lifesteal, regardless of who it hits.  Geddon is strong with DK Jaina because of this - he can be a massive AoE and heal in one.  In your case, they must have had 4 minions hit by him on their board, plus the damage to them, as well as the damage you took.

Poisonous works the same - if you could give a Wild Pyromancer poisonous (eg, via an effect that adapts them to give the trait), then when the AoE goes off, it’ll kill any minions that it hits.

Its worth bearing this in mind when you use DK Rexxar, as there are some combinations that can give you loads of health or kill more things because of it.  Eg cave hydra (attacks hit minions either side of target) can either give 3 times the attack it ends up with back in health, or kill three things a swing if it ends up with lifesteal or poisonous.

Anyway, the reason I came to post was that this weeks brawl is pretty broken - play Druid, mulligan for nourish/ui, win turn 1 unless you’re unlucky. Your draw ability plus potential life gain while building attack means you can outheal the life you spend enough to kill in a turn.

20 hours ago, Vorgot said:

I didn't even bother with this weeks brawl, the build a deck ones seem very broken and I'm not going to look up a net deck just to get a classic pack

It’s 10 seconds effort to look at the brawl thread on reddit and copy paste a deck string for a free 40 dust. 

13 hours ago, Vorgot said:

Yep, I did it in the end for the dust.

And then never play it again. Sometimes the craft a deck ones can be fun but not when there’s just one broken deck that dominates

So the new expansion has been announced, and while it may have some fun stuff, the announcement trailer is probably the most cringeworthy thing ever made by Blizzard.

Hearthstone Expansion - The Boomsday Project
A new Hearthstone expansion is on the way, featuring Dr. Boom! It'll be ready on August 7 2018.

Magnetic Minions can be played on their own, but if you have a mech on the board you can play a Magnetic minion and fuse it to the mech to add to its health, attack, and add an ability.

Projects are new spell cards with extremely powerful effects, but they help both players.

Omega Project - These cards are normal, but have a Battlecry that works when you have 10 Mana Crystals.

There will be legendary spells, such as one that draws your entire deck!

32 minutes ago, NEG said:

Are they trying to cater to ten year olds, or do they think the recent trailers are genuinely funny?

HOTS is doing a much better job in comparison.

God help us if they think they are funny. Why can't we just have the cinematic style trailers we got at the beginning? I don't want to sit through 10 minutes to learn about 3 new mechanics.

Cringe aside, the cards show so far are all pretty bad.

Magnetic spider:

Generally, it's always better to have stats spread across two bodies instead of one. Now I get it's a card that also doubles as a buff card, but it also limits you as you don't get the choice of it being one or the other. So if you do have a mech out, and you top deck this, it's only a buff card at that point which can be removed easily with the numerous amounts of removal in the game. Also... ANOTHER removal card?

Leggo spells:

Something I've wanted for a while, but the rogue example... it's a bit shit. It's just a worse version of sprint. For a leggo, I don't think it would have been unreasonable to say "draw until your hand is full", given you can only have one copy.

Omega:

Could be interesting, but once again, the card shown leaves a lot to be desired. A 6 health taunt is far too easy to remove, especially at turn 10+

Projects:

Cards that buff both sides can range anywhere along the scale of quality, that druid one is complete dogshit though. At best it's a coin, at worst it enables aggro/mid-range to have more oompf in the following turn. It removes the potential gap that a ramp deck could have. It's just terrible.

That shammy leggo though is pretty good, normally Blizz put cards like  that in the +5 mana space, but with it only costing 3 mana, it leaves a lot of room to combo with.

2 hours ago, Pixelbark said:

Cringe aside, the cards show so far are all pretty bad.

Magnetic spider:

Generally, it's always better to have stats spread across two bodies instead of one. Now I get it's a card that also doubles as a buff card, but it also limits you as you don't get the choice of it being one or the other. So if you do have a mech out, and you top deck this, it's only a buff card at that point which can be removed easily with the numerous amounts of removal in the game. Also... ANOTHER removal card?

Leggo spells:

Something I've wanted for a while, but the rogue example... it's a bit shit. It's just a worse version of sprint. For a leggo, I don't think it would have been unreasonable to say "draw until your hand is full", given you can only have one copy.

Omega:

Could be interesting, but once again, the card shown leaves a lot to be desired. A 6 health taunt is far too easy to remove, especially at turn 10+

Projects:

Cards that buff both sides can range anywhere along the scale of quality, that druid one is complete dogshit though. At best it's a coin, at worst it enables aggro/mid-range to have more oompf in the following turn. It removes the potential gap that a ramp deck could have. It's just terrible.

That shammy leggo though is pretty good, normally Blizz put cards like  that in the +5 mana space, but with it only costing 3 mana, it leaves a lot of room to combo with.

Agree on all of these points, especially the Omega on. Removal is a bit too easy for big minions, unless you force your opponent to play those cards early on. 

But anything that throws the game into confusion for a while is good. Lets wait and see the other cards first

Magnetic minions can be played as a minion themselves even if another mech is already out, so it can be one or the other.  There’ll  certainly be times when buffing another minion to give a better trade will be a better option than more minions, so I think it’s a neat idea.  It’s a bit clunky though, you have to play it directly to the left of the minion you want it to fuse to, meaning if you just wanted to play it as a normal minion and actually position it to the left of a mech for some reason, you can’t.  I’d have just thought they’d make it so you target the minion to fuse with it.

The shaman legendary looks potentially powerful, especially for 3 mana.  That and bloodlust gives each minion 6 extra damage - if you have a reasonable board before that, it could be devastating.  At that mana you can spellstone for a ridiculous board.  I’m messing around with an overload shaman Brian Kibler has been using and this would fit right in there giving you a potential turn 10 play that floods the board with 8/8s.

I have no idea why that rogue spell exists.  I suspect it’ll interact with a card we haven’t seen yet.  Doesn’t make sense otherwise.

Projects could be interesting but need a deck where the effect benefits you more than your opponent.  While ramp Druid is a thing, not sure having cheaper ramp that also works for your opponent is a worthy trade off.  That omega card is probably great for arena, but won’t see play.  Not really worth playing before turn 10, so if you draw it before that, you’re just a bit sad.

Theyre going all out for pre order stuff this time, with a mega pack that gives you a hero.  Think one gives a guaranteed golden legendary too.  They also seem to be the worst value so far, being a fair bit worse per pack than any others so far.  Think there are less cards in this one too?

Im interested but I can’t see myself pre ordering.  

I’ve not preordered since maybe TGT and getting maybe one legend. Since then I just save up between expansions. Blow all the saved gold on packs then I stop buying packs with gold when I get a legend and reset the pity timer

Baku Rogue doesn't seem very successful any more, especially against Dragon Priest, so trying Baku Paladin. Any deck tweak suggestions welcome.

Acherus Veteran x 2

Argent Squire x 2

Blessing of Might x 2

Fire Fly x 2

Lost in the Jungle x 2

Righteous Protector x 2

Divine favour

Ironbeak Owl

Raid Leader x 2

Stonehill Defender x 2

Unidentified Maul x 2

Blessed Champion

Frostwolf Warlord

Fungalmancer x 2

Leeroy Jenkins

Level Up!

Corridor Creeper x 2

Stormwind Champion

Vinecleaver x 2

Baku

Uther of the Ebon Blade

Should craft and I get Tirion in there? I'm thinking 2 x Divine favour may be overkill. Duh.

EDIT: Updated.

Tirion is a 8-drop, so won't go into an Odd deck. Odd Paladin is all about maintaining a board presence and overwhleming your opponent with cheap minions, so high mana cards like that Deathknight are only going to slow you down. If you can afford the dust, you want two Level Up!s, two Creepers, and two Vinecleavers too. Doubling up on Unidentified Maul is a good idea, because drawing one with the divine shield effect is basically a game winner. Chuck in an Ironbeak for help getting around big taunts, drop one of the Divine Favours, and use Leeroy if you've got him.

Blessed Champion is not a great fit for this deck because so many of your minions will have low attack values.

Guys, the Rogue legendary spell allows you to draw all of your nerubians and candles and fill up your hand in one go. It's high risk high reward, and admittedly may not really be practical.

The Omega Defender may be removable, but I feel like you're criticising it as though it were a ten mana minion. It's a Stegodon that turns into a 12/6 for free in the late game, which means that worst case it's just an ok early game defender, or will eat a removal spell in lieu of another finisher. On turn ten you can drop it as a massive threat, along with six mana worth of something else.

New Brawl is an old brawl for the Fire Festival and your minion kills carry over from last time, so I think if you already have 60 total, you will get the emote. Not convinced though as mine don't seem to be at the level 3 effect.

Anyway I thought I would try and help some others who may not have it and they don't seem to have noticed that this is meant to be a co-op at heart to keep everyone alive as long as possible. So I can't be arsed. But if anyone on here wants someone who will try and help to get the required kills, I'll be around a lot.

2 minutes ago, Mr Cochese said:

I thought the point of the brawl was the drop Grim Patron and win (Though weirdly I kept winning before dropping him anyway.)

It's easy to win, but the real point is to have sacrificed 60 minions to get the fireworks emote. That can be done quickly if people work together to both stay alive as long as possible and play lots of low cost minions. I got over 60 last year in just a couple of games that carried over so it doesn't really matter to me

2 minutes ago, Mr Cochese said:

You'd easily do that in like three games. Not sure that makes it a co-op brawl.

Thats how I read it, but its not a great brawl anyway. It seems kind of halfway to co-op. But I've got my pack, so I'm happy

Shudderwock is fun but can be difficult to pull off with, of course that might just be me. Always good for a bit of a laugh thought. As well as a 'classic' shaman shudderwock deck I have a murloc one as well, and thats amusing

Shudderwock is great if you like decks that make you pretty sure you’ve tilted your opponent when you win, but are a bit weak to certain (Aggro) decks.

It’s the Shaman version of Quest Rogue, basically.

i’m playing a mix of Elemental Mage and Malygos Druid in Standard, and Odd Rogue in Wild, and am up to rank 2 in both, despite mainly playing decks I find fun, and not actively trying that hard to tank up. Which is nice.

Also, while I am enjoying the diversity in the meta, I am hoping we move away from the ‘cheat out enormous bullshit as quickly/unfairly as possible’ archetypes sooner rather than later. Some days it’s like Blizzard learned nothing from Barnes, and deckbuilders learnt everything.