Hexx

Hearthstone

All the achievements:

Name Description Reward
First Blood Complete a game in Play or Arena mode. 1 Card Pack
The Duelist Play 3 games in Play or Arena mode. 100 Gold
Ready To Go Unlock every hero. 100 Gold
Level Up Get any class to level 10. 1 Card Pack
Enter The Arena Enter The Arena 1 Arena Credit (Free Round)
Crushed Them All! Defeat every expert AI hero 100g
Got the Basics! Every hero to 10 (Collect all basic cards) 100g
Crafting Time Disenchant a card. 95 Dust
Chicken Dinner 100 wins in any mode 300g
Beta Hero! Purchase a pack or arena ticket with real money during closed/open beta golden Gelbin Mekkatorque card
Big Winner Win 1000 games 300g
Mrglglglgl! Collect all murloc cards Old Murk-Eye card
Arrrrrr!!! Collect all pirate cards Captain's Parrot card
Golden Mrglglglgl! Collect all Golden Murloc cards Old Murk-Eye card (golden)
Golden Arrrrrr!!! Collect every Golden Pirate card Captain's Parrot card (golden)
One of Everything Collect every card in the expert set 100g

• Upvote 1

So I made a Warlock Murloc deck this morning. I was 3 star silver for the last couple of days.

I'm 1 Star Platinum now.

Doesn't work quite as much now, but it's still making me giggle at the hilarity of it all. (and certainly freshened things up)

Mrglglglglgglglglglglgl!

• Upvote 1

Can you post your deck Neg the warlock/murlock one?

Thanks

J

How to create a Warlock murloc deck :

1) Put every murloc you own in your deck.

2) Profit.

On a more serious note to make these decks really work you need 2 Coldlight Seer and 2 Murloc Warleader. And having 2 Blood Imps doesn't hurt either. Currently it is a really strong deck and if the lock gets a good draw and gets to go second (getting the coin) it is one of the hardest decks to deal with.

There is a shaman version which if you get a good draw with the minions early on, and a bloodlust in your hand, you can do ridiculous amounts of damage on turn 5. If you play an opponent with good early minion removal, it pretty much screws it up, but if you can keep em alive, murloc decks can be crazy good.

Nimmel is pretty much right though - get every murloc in there (and you really need all but the legendary one, Old Murk Eye, who is really powerful in murloc decks if you do have him though) and blood imps, and some creature removal. Power overwhelming is a nice cheap hefty buff, with the drawback being acceptable in swarm decks like this, as you'd play it on a turn you could get a kill with, or near to as. Summoning portals are a bit expensive, but allow you to pump out murlocs from turn 5. They can be risky though - you may end up life tapping most turns to increase your hand, as you dont have much room for cards with extra draw power, so against aggressive decks they can be a bit of a risk.

The shaman version works the same pretty much, but the shaman cards are a bit more offensive, and bloodlust is just beastly with a full board of minions.

I've been messing around with a hunter beast deck that is pretty much low cost beasts and removal spells, and it literally works on saving all your cards till you can play as many beasts as you can and then use unleash the hounds to have them all attack in one turn. It works fairly well, though I did play a rogue that had tonnes of taunt minions (like, all the minions he played had taunt) which messed it up as even with all the damage it could put out, my beasts had low health and so I'd lose most of em getting through their taunters. Other than that though, it's pretty effective because of the charge effect of unleash the hounds - I dont have to set up the minions the turn before and risk them being killed before I can attack with them. It relies a bit more on luck than my other hunter deck, which doesnt rely on one turn kills, but it's pretty damn fun when it works.

To follow on from above it does appear that aggro decks are absolutely dominant at the moment, lots of small creatures (although not everything at once as after 3 mana depending on what class you are playing against the board clear spells come into play. This currently play style all but nullifies control style decks bar perhaps mages with their superior minion clearing power.

I played Sood (he was lock) last night with a very strong quick rogue deck (90%+ wins against randoms in the 10 or so games I've played with it), I have access to much better cards than he does, but on his first turn he got probably a perfect draw followed by good draws and I just couldn't keep up and eventually by about turn 7 I was overwhelmed. So I read up and reduced the mana curve of the deck even more, removing the 5 mana assassinate (destroy a creature) amongst others and now have a deck which only has 8 cards that cost more than 4 mana (4 mana * 4, 5 mana * 2, 6 mana *2) everything else is 3 or below.

So far it has proven to be utterly brutal and last night I killed off two murloc warlock decks that had good draws and all the murloc cards (including the legendary) without ever feeling under pressure, and two of my opponents left the game rather than just conceding which made me chuckle evilly.

The above is pretty rambling, so to conclude my thoughts:

1) Look at the mana curve of your deck and trim the fat. On with agro decks in an ideal situation you want to be ending games by turn 7ish so theres no point having a whole raft of +5 mana cards.

2) Check the mana grind website to see what current decks are winning their tournaments, you probably won't have access to all the cards but it is easy enough to swap in something similar.

3) And as a general note the first cards you should craft are absolutely the Azure Drake and the Argent Commander (2 of each). Both of these are exceptional cards and fit in to almost any deck.

No key still! :(

Wished they'd hurry up and open the Beta, it's a fully finished game and it's not like they're working tons on it.

It's really not. The client is mostly fine, but the servers are up and down like anything in my experience. On any given evening this week there's been a 50/50 chance of me being able to connect and play when I want to.

I've had some problems with being able to start games and random disconnects (which is really annoying if playing arena).

1) Disconnects - I've found if I have a stream running in the background (I usually have something on Twitch playing which I mute) I don't disconnect.

2) Unable to start games - A post in the technical forums suggested changing graphical detail which worked for me, (I changed from high to medium which didn't work, but medium to low did).

2x Ironbeak Owls are 100% necessary for the Murloc deck, if it hasn't been said already. Opponent puts up a meaty taunter to scare your army of green scaled goons? Just silent it and let your Murlocs continue.

I tried to make a Mage version but the lack of card draw is really felt compared with the Warlock.

Two Star Plat now. Warlock's 27

Edit: And yes, you really do need every Murloc in the deck for it to work best.

This is fucking addictive.

I instantly unlocked Warlock after the tutorial and then figured Murloc synergy would work the best out of the very first set of cards you get given. I'll continue like this for now and see how far I get.

I've got him as well, I hadn't consider DEing him but it is probably not a bad option. I ended up crafting Bloodmage Thalnos with all the dust I had as he was a good fit to the type of decks I play (it was a toss up between him, Ysera or Rag).

I've got him as well, I hadn't consider DEing him but it is probably not a bad option. I ended up crafting Bloodmage Thalnos with all the dust I had as he was a good fit to the type of decks I play (it was a toss up between him, Ysera or Rag).

That's a nice card. I've got a few gold cards out of that buying binge that I could DE and see where I end up. I've already got 2 x the regular ones, so keeping the gold ones seems kind of pointless when the dust could be better spent on rares/epics/legendaries. But the animations... I'm pathetic.

I've been thinking, the actual net code for this is very basic. Also the actual game is very basic, it could easily be ported to iOS. This would be brilliant and destroy my life at the same time 😉

Not at all. It's only beta so you will get all those packs back anyway.

They've said this is it, any cards you have now carry over to live.

That said, it might be worth keeping hold in case they change the card. I have 3 legendaries now - Illidan, Sylvannas, and Millhouse Manastorm. Illidan is awesome, especially in warlock decks as the creatures he summons are demons, and synergise with some of those spells. Sylvannas can be good, but it's very situational. If you have an opponent with a single high powered card though, it can be worth kamikaziing her to get hold of it. Millhouse I cant really see being that great except under certain circumstances, but I know it's already been changed (it originally gave you a massively damaging spell as a battlecry, making it well worth it for spellpower decks), so maybe it will again. The power of the legendaries seems to vary quite a bit, some are not great, others almost a must for some decks. But I'm still wary of DEing any in case they change.

Plus, I have no idea what I would want to craft. I almost feel like I have to craft a legendary, but I cant decide which one. It would help if I picked a "main" class though. Tempted by Jaxxarus and going full warlock, as his effect is pretty sweet.

I've been thinking, the actual net code for this is very basic. Also the actual game is very basic, it could easily be ported to iOS. This would be brilliant and destroy my life at the same time

It's being ported to iOS, at least that was the plan. No idea when we'll see it though, hopefully word will come through at Blizzcon this weekend.

Speaking of that, you get a "mystery card" if you buy the livestream. I actually ummmed and aahed a bit till I realised I would basically be spending £25 for a card that I didnt even know what it did (though rumours are its an Elite Tauren Chieftain in homage to the band, as they often play at the event).

Got my Beta key last week, dam this is addictive. I dread to think what Ill be like when this hits the iPhone!

Currently using a Mage deck, finding it difficult in the early stages, but in late game it can destroy players if i get lucky. Played a hunter, I was at 4hp and he was at 21, took him out in one turn. Most times hunters destroy me!

Any tips on a Warlock deck? Looks interesting.

Any tips on a Warlock deck? Looks interesting.

See above. Murlocs seem to be the fast and cheap option.

Yeah, Mage is all about delaying the game up until you can hit hard with spells.

One of the most effective Hunter decks can be built with common cards. Search for Poor Man's Hunter Deck.

I'm going to try Arena again tonight, my first two attempts ended with 0 wins and 1 win respectively. Must get out of the habit of trying to build a deck with synergy.

I will do tonight. :)

I've been using the 'Penniless Paladin' deck (originally comprised* of basic cards, like Pauper) with great success, even against Mages with which it's supposed to suck. I'll share when home.

*Added in a new Epic I found, as well as switched out a common.