Hexx

Hearthstone

Received my key on the 7th and didn't noticed until the 12th that I had got it. You may have to search your emails using the search bar, Mine had gone into a separate tab in Gmail.

Playing my rogue mostly and is enjoyable, mainly doing combo attacks - Around 15-20 damage if you're lucky. Current deck has very little monsters but lots of 0, 1, 2 and 3s.

Can get a little unfortunate with the card draws but deadly when you get some combos.

Received my key on the 7th and didn't noticed until the 12th that I had got it. You may have to search your emails using the search bar, Mine had gone into a separate tab in Gmail.

Playing my rogue mostly and is enjoyable, mainly doing combo attacks - Around 15-20 damage if you're lucky. Current deck has very little monsters but lots of 0, 1, 2 and 3s.

Can get a little unfortunate with the card draws but deadly when you get some combos.

I've been seeing some really interesting decks including one similar to the rogue one you descibe. Basically, it uses pretty much all the low cost rogue cards, couples them with cards that have effects which happen when you play a card (the most effective being the minion that gains +1/+1 per card played, and the one that lets you draw a card every time you play a card) which work alongside the combo effects rogue cards already have to make some really sweet plays.

I've also seen a really cool murloc based shaman deck, that works on swarming the field with murlocs, then using shaman buffs to make them deadly, like rockbiter, totems, windfury, and most deadly of all - bloodlust. Murlocs synergise well as it is, but you can get them out so quick with a bit of luck.

Some of the decks must take a lot of luck to build though (and money). I saw a really effective paladin deck, that essentially stalled till it could get out one of a number of legendaries in the deck out, by using consecrates and weapons to clear the field, as well as heals to prevent being taken out before you could get the big cards out.

I'm actually rather impressed by how many different types of decks I've seen, and different combos I've seen pulled out.

Had some fun games with Hexx last night (the battle between good and evil as he insisted on calling them). Just played a game where the below happened to some poor warrior. :P

post-132-0-86753900-1382509944.jpg

It got up to 28 before I won.

I'm pretty addicted to it, or rather addicted to the theory crafting anyway. Whilst not as complex as magic the gathering, each of the classes in hearthstone has a strategy which becomes obvious (hunters lots of fast creatures, mages lots of nukes) but for most of them metagames are developing where characters decks don't play how you would expect them to (killed by a mage decks creatures on turn 5 etc). The only problem is that most of these alternative decks require cards that can only be obtained by opening packs.

I really want to play :(

Am I just being hopeful or does anyone else think we could see a release (or at least open beta) right after Blizzcon? It seems like the perfect time to me given they have a big invite-only tournament taking place there. Lots of advertising and a good way to introduce the game to a lot of new people. It seems like the perfect time to open it up.

I'm still baffled that they haven't done a "Buy £15 worth of card packs and get a beta key" thing.

Despite being not to fussed about this initially, I can't stop thinking about it now, damn you Blizzard, damn you and your pretty sparkly good games.

Of course I am totally rubbish at it but nothing new there.

I've played the tutorials through and got the mage deck to level 10, been savagely beaten consistently in play mode and haven't really decided where to go with it next, any quick tips on some effective n00b decks with terrible cards?

mechamonkey#2541 on Battle Net

From my post on the previous page :P , deck below can be made with level 10 mage and should be good enough to get you to gold/plat

1 Arcane Missiles (2)
2 Arcane Explosion (2)
2 Frostbolt (2)
2 Acidic Swamp Ooze (2)
2 Kobold Geomancer (2)
2 Novice Engineer (2)
3 Arcane Intellect (2)
3 Wolfrider (2)
4 Fireball (2)
4 Polymorph (2)
4 Gnomish Inventor (2)
4 Ogre Magi (2)
4 Water Elemental (2)
6 Archmage (2)

7 Flamestrike (2)

• Upvote 1

On an unrelated note I've got to 2 star diamond now and my current bane is hunters building decks to get a kill on turn 7, by playing 5-6 minions at once and using the charge + 1 damage card. You can easily take 20+ damage in one go unless you have enough taunt cards out, assuming they've survived the explosive shots/traps, deadly shots, multi shots etc in the previous 6 turns. And even if they do then there is still a chance of them using an owl to silence (remove the taunt) anyway.

I'VE NOW SPENT FORTY BUCKS ON CAAAAAARRRDDZZZZZ

...Yeah, it's good. But I love card games in the first place. I'd be first in line for a PSO Epi 3 re-release.

Add my battletag and let me kick your asses, or something.

• Downvote 1

That was bloody fun NEG, thanks.

Epic last game had NEG's mage down to 5 with my garrosh on 23 and 10 armour, when he manages to wipe my board and hand, and summon himself a sea giant (8/8), taunter (6/5) and something else.

Smashes me down to the point I'm dead next turn when it happens, "Arcanite reaper HoooOOOOooOO!!" THWACK.

2-1 to me althogh I suspect that was more down to luck.

Great game. Rather enjoying warrior now I've got him up to 10 and a few decent cards.

Take this with a pinch of salt but here are some tips for what general cards to craft with a bias towards mage/priest/lock decks, this doesn't cover class specific craftable cards which you may want to get before any of the below.

If you are really ultra patient then just save up for a legendary, read up on what one you want because you'll probably be a long time collecting the dust for it.

1) Twilight Drake. I really like this card and include it in almost all my decks, chances are unless you have had a starting hand full of 1 or 2 mana cost cards that when you get the 4 mana to play this it will be around a 4/6.

http://hearthstone.wikia.com/wiki/Twilight_Drake

2) Azure drake. +1 spell damage & draw a card on a 4/4 minion http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Azure_Drake

3) Defender of Argus. Nothing like forcing the opponent to attack into your very angry orc, also handy for the +1 damage which can allow you to get a kill on a minion that your opponent thought was safe for another turn. For the most part I use two of these instead of dedicated taunt minions. http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Defender_of_Argus.

4) Spellbreaker. Silence on a 4/3. I always have at least one of these in a deck although hunters would probably use the 2/1 ironbeak owls instead.

http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Spellbreaker

Other good go to cards: Knife juggler, Acolyte of Pain, Argent Commander, Thrallmar Farseer, Loot horders.

This is addictive crack. Been sticking with the Mage, 21 now. I figure I'll never log off if I toy with the other classes too.

If you do lose more then you win though, gold doesn't come anywhere swiftly. :(

I'm finding progress very slow in play mode, winning only 10g per 3 wins, I'm going to have to spend some money aren't I..

Edit actually no I don't do I, you get class specific cards by levelling them doh. Only have Mage and warrior atm.

Take this with a pinch of salt but here are some tips for what general cards to craft with a bias towards mage/priest/lock decks, this doesn't cover class specific craftable cards which you may want to get before any of the below.

If you are really ultra patient then just save up for a legendary, read up on what one you want because you'll probably be a long time collecting the dust for it.

1) Twilight Drake. I really like this card and include it in almost all my decks, chances are unless you have had a starting hand full of 1 or 2 mana cost cards that when you get the 4 mana to play this it will be around a 4/6.

http://hearthstone.wikia.com/wiki/Twilight_Drake

2) Azure drake. +1 spell damage & draw a card on a 4/4 minion http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Azure_Drake

3) Defender of Argus. Nothing like forcing the opponent to attack into your very angry orc, also handy for the +1 damage which can allow you to get a kill on a minion that your opponent thought was safe for another turn. For the most part I use two of these instead of dedicated taunt minions. http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Defender_of_Argus.

4) Spellbreaker. Silence on a 4/3. I always have at least one of these in a deck although hunters would probably use the 2/1 ironbeak owls instead.

http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Spellbreaker

Other good go to cards: Knife juggler, Acolyte of Pain, Argent Commander, Thrallmar Farseer, Loot horders.

If you are going to craft any legendary card for a priest deck it simply has to be Velen. He doubles your healing and spell damage. Yes, doubles. If you have him out and a few spell power minions, you can virtually wipe out your opponent with 2 mind blasts.

Hunters also have some strong decks that aren't pure beasts. The traps/secrets can be very effective, especially with the weapon that gains durability when your secrets are used.

I've got two legendaries now, Millhouse Manastorm and Illidan. Illidan is pretty sweet, but they changed Millhouse from being an average minion that gave you a really powerful (but costly) damaging spell card to a 4/4 2 mana minion that has a battlecry of making your opponents spells cost nothing next turn. I really can't see how that is any good.

I looted a golden Ysera straight after the wipe with one of the free packs. Often tempted to disenchant it for piles of dust, but it's really fun to play. The 'dream' cards it spawns can be really silly : 5 damage to everything, a 7/6 for 4, a 1 turn 5/5 buff.

I have reached 1star Diamond with a very robust priest deck, but I just can't get a consistent win:loss ratio over 50%, which I presume you need to level up. The main problem with priests is the early game, if you get a bad hand it is a struggle against aggressive opponents.

Oh and a tip for playing against Priests with loads of card draw (especiailly 2x Clerics) and Lightwells: force them to draw their entire deck by causing a little damage to all their minions, then if you can do the same to all of yours. I've fatigued two Priests to death this way recently.

• Upvote 1