IGNORED

Better Call Saul!

Doctor Shark

1 hour ago, Illyria said:

I had this when I first started watching BCS. But then I quickly researched the character and was stunned to find out that he actually hadn't been on BB! 

I was reading up on the actor, he had to watch BB when they offered him the part in BCS because he’d never seen it. :sherlock:

46 minutes ago, Gotters said:

I think I recall this from an earlier series of this but aren't Nacho & Lalo only mentioned once in Breaking Bad by Saul in a scene when he gets kidnapped and held at gunpoint, everything in this is spun out from those single mentions.

Where does this happen in BB? Don't Jesse and Walt kidnap Saul and drive him out to the desert at some point? That's about all I can remember. 

3 minutes ago, Anne Summers said:

Where does this happen in BB? Don't Jesse and Walt kidnap Saul and drive him out to the desert at some point? That's about all I can remember. 

yeah I think that is the scene, and Saul is scrambling asking who sent them, was it Nacho or Lalo, something along those lines but I'm not really a BB fan, far prefer BCS.

So what if

Spoiler

Kim is setting Jimmy up for a fall. What if through the whole getting back at Howard scheme she ends up the third partner at HHM. Stepping into Chuck's role and leaving Jimmy in the dirt. HHW has a certain ring to it.

3 hours ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

So what if

Hide contents

Kim is setting Jimmy up for a fall. What if through the whole getting back at Howard scheme she ends up the third partner at HHM. Stepping into Chuck's role and leaving Jimmy in the dirt. HHW has a certain ring to it.

That would be some cold shit. I can’t see it though - if it happens like that, Jimmy would be buried legally, so difficult to see how he’d get to his known status in BB.

This spurred me to watch that El Camino at last, and it’s fairly decent, it’s certainly got the BB vibe in spades (if you can put up with Todd looking like he fell through a wormhole).

It’s definitely a bit saggy though…the extra runtime compared with a tv ep makes them drag stuff out in parts where they could have been a lot snappier and explored the world a bit more.

3 hours ago, ZOK said:

This spurred me to watch that El Camino at last, and it’s fairly decent, it’s certainly got the BB vibe in spades (if you can put up with Todd looking like he fell through a wormhole).

It’s definitely a bit saggy though…the extra runtime compared with a tv ep makes them drag stuff out in parts where they could have been a lot snappier and explored the world a bit more.

@Papilioand I were so looking forward to El Camino. It was shite. We're expected to believe that coke bloated Todd was letting Jessie out of the hole in the ground during Season 5 of BB? That they were both cutting about on adventures together? I actually can't believe that it came from the same mind that gave us BB and BCS. It was terrible.

18 hours ago, ZOK said:

No, as I said, it’s fairly decent. And yes, you are expected to believe those things - suspension of disbelief is essential in any drama.

No, as I said, it was shite. And yes, you are expected to believe those things - suspension of disbelief is essential in any drama.

It was still shite.

24 minutes ago, Barnard said:

It was tough putting the shopping away today. 

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20220501-125001.thumb.png.1fc45cfe88703c61fdf372d7af87b7e2.png

I hope that photo doesn't spoil the fates of little known side-characters Milk and Crackers...

I was bricking it for almost that entire episode. The tension was immense.

Spoiler

Lalo managing to loom large without even being in it. Expertly played.

Didn't realise it was Rhea Seehorn's first either, what a debut! Felt just about perfect.

8 minutes ago, Benny said:

Also

Hide contents

Mike treating Kim as the real power in their dynamic was a proper fist pump moment. Game recognise game.

Spoiler

Was this their first scene together?

That was a slow-ish episode but quite a lot actually happened.

Spoiler

The look of utter disgust and fury on Gus' face when he walked into the nerve centre that's protecting him and then complaining to Mike that the guy they working at the fast food place isn't a very good chef :lol: 

Jimmy/Howard - the make up was ridiculous.  

I didn't really understand who the two cyclists were and why they were there - obviously, they're a front for Gus' protection but why are they actually there and what do they actually do?  I suspect Lalo will do something quite unspeakable to them.