IGNORED

Better Call Saul!

Captain Kelsten

Oh lord, I can't handle that much tension, fucking hellfire.

Even now, at this late stage, I have real trouble reconciling Jimmy with the odious slimeball who walked into Walt and Jesse's lives like he owned the place. The only way I see that happening now is if he drives Kim away for her own good, at which point he truly is free and off the leash. Well that or the other, more horrific and terrifying option but I can't see them doing *that* because Rhea Seehorn is the MVP and Kim is the absolute heart of the show. Amazing, captivating stuff.

Oh and mega :( over Gus and Mike's chat about Nacho. Someone give that poor boy the hoover repairman's number for the love of God.

Yes, that was incredible. I loved the skateboarders at the far right of the screen when Saul left the court before getting into Mike's car; that's how this started wasn't it? With the scam.

Tense isn't the word.

Spoiler

We know Jimmy would be fine but it still felt like he was pleading for his life. He was almost lost for words.

One left. 

I don't think

Spoiler

Lalo will get to Mexico. I think Nacho will kill him and escape in a final, last ditch effort to run. 

Next season will probably see a return of Tuco.

One thing I thought might happen is 

Spoiler

Lalo looked like he was so impressed by Kim's outburst that he wants to use her services for his own empire building. But given neither of them are in Breaking Bad this either never plays out or ends in sad faces.

Spoiler

Lalo is such a great villain. I've never had as much time for Gus as most, I've always found him a bit of a caricature with the odd great moment (it gets a bit boring that he's always a step ahead of everyone up until his demise), and Lalo is way more watchable and interesting. And I don't think I need to even say that Kim is the best character in the show. I think that scene at the end was the best to date.

I know it's been said a million times in this thread but it really is a crying shame that we know the ultimate fallout of all this for so many characters. There would have been an extra level of gravity to it all.

Thank God you all have spoilers on! Thanks :)

Have to agree that it's a shame that we know the ultimate "end" for things. I feel this is a better series than Breaking Bad. The whole universe is great though, and well done to them (so far) for not fucking the entire thing like GoT.

5 hours ago, Mawdlin said:

One thing I thought might happen is 

Reveal hidden contents

Lalo looked like he was so impressed by Kim's outburst that he wants to use her services for his own empire building. But given neither of them are in Breaking Bad this either never plays out or ends in sad faces.

Or how about 

Spoiler

They’re both in the follow up to breaking bad having disappeared deep into Mexico at the end of this.

Spoiler

Part of what made that last scene so great is that both Kim and Lalo are potentially expendable in the BCS/BB universe, whereas the previous week with Mike and Jimmy in the desert has less suspense. It would have been a shock for either of them to be killed off when there’s another season still left, but for once in this show you couldn’t 100% rule it out.

Another masterful episode. 

The fact that there are multiple "this is what I think will happen" on this thread just proves how fantastic Better Call Saul is as it's completely unpredictable and every prediction is entirely plausible as we know these characters so well.  Why I loved Breaking Bad so much was that even the smallest characters were deep, detailed and real.  Apart from the Terminator twins. 

I think that maybe...

Spoiler

I still think Nacho might kill Lalo but...

Kim gets hired by Lalo and she dumps Jimmy and moves to Mexico. Dunno. 

Unrelated to that.  Just before Lalo knocked on the door Kim became completely pissed off with Jimmy telling her what she should do as previously, both of them have had no real control over each other.  I thought that was the moment when she'd leave him and maybe it would have been if Lalo hadn't shown up.

I hope she doesn't get whacked though - that would be quite horrible to watch - up there with Mike being shot by Walt even though, on reflection, Mike deserved it.  

Just watched the last two episodes back to back. Fucking brilliant. This is such a great show.

Kim was on point! 

Is it possible that the bit we see at the beginning of each season could just be one outcome? 

3 hours ago, Rob Rule said:

The writers are quite fond of Kim

Hide contents

having 'telling off dialogue' to solve a narrative conflict. Hope that doesn't get worn out.

Spoiler

This is in keeping with one of the temperaments of the Salamancas: they only respect individuals who directly show "balls". See the scene in a previous season where Mike strolls into Hector's lair, bold as brass, and Hector is so impressed with the audacity of it he lets him go.

5 hours ago, Rob Rule said:

The writers are quite fond of Kim

Reveal hidden contents

having 'telling off dialogue' to solve a narrative conflict. Hope that doesn't get worn out.

Remind me when else this happens?

That also covered one of the show's other tropes, where a character (usually Saul, but this time Kim) leaves a room supposedly with everything that could be said, having been said. They stop, make a face, then turn around and walk back into the room to say some more. The dialogue's usually so good anyway, that I don't care when that happens.

One thing Kim’s got in her favour as far as Lalo goes is that the Salamancas seem at least to have respect for anyone with the balls to stand up to them, or really risk putting themselves out for them: Tuco with Walt, Hector with Mike, and Lalo with Nacho when he did his Spider-Man shit a few weeks back.

Still, the tension going into next week’s finale is gonna be unbearable. Brilliant but unbearable.

Regarding Lalo fate and Breaking Bad spoilers also

I think Lalo is alive in the Breaking Bad timeline, he is mentioned by Saul as is Nacho when Saul is kidnapped by Jesse and Walt although Saul says 

"It wasn't me it was Ignacio! He's the one! Lalo didn't send you?"

Although that is no confirmation for Nacho being alive still it seems to suggest that Lalo is out there doing his thing in the early Breaking Bad timeline and hints towards Nacho also.

Later on when Gus is getting revenge on Hector he says the Salamanca name dies with him, though.. what happened to Lalo is a mystery I guess! Hopefully just for now.  

Yeah, that final scene was incredible. Though I did wonder if it might have worked even better if...

Spoiler

They hadn't shown Kim discovering the cup earlier. She could have defended Jimmy seemingly in good faith, and then it could be flipped after when there's a reveal showing that she found it earlier and was actually playing Lalo.

On 14/04/2020 at 21:03, Fletch said:

Good god that was incredible. 

Hide contents

That final scene with Lalo I could not tear my eyes away from the screen, the atmosphere was so tense. Kim was amazing, as she always is but standing up to Lalo like that while Saul was about to drown was such a badass moment. 

I do wonder how Mike managed to not cover their tracks in their story as he's usually so thorough. 

Can't believe it's the last of the series next week, BCS really is the best thing on television. 

Spoiler

He probably wasn't expecting Lalo to leave the country via the same road. 

But my god that last scene was so tense. We all know Kim isn't around in Breaking Bad so anything the involves her in such a way like this weeks episode could be the reason why. At first I thought she was just going to leave Jimmy due to him getting deeper in with the bad guys but now I'm genuinally fearing for her life.

I think Gus is going to be the puppet master in the end and he will be involved with Kim dissapearing but blame it on the Salamancas. Thats how we end up with BB Saul working for Gus and the reason he acts like he does in BB is because he feels protected under Gus, never actually knowing he's the real reason Kim left.

2 hours ago, Stigweard said:

Hide contents

He probably wasn't expecting Lalo to leave the country via the same road. 

But my god that last scene was so tense. We all know Kim isn't around in Breaking Bad so anything the involves her in such a way like this weeks episode could be the reason why. At first I thought she was just going to leave Jimmy due to him getting deeper in with the bad guys but now I'm genuinally fearing for her life.

I think Gus is going to be the puppet master in the end and he will be involved with Kim dissapearing but blame it on the Salamancas. Thats how we end up with BB Saul working for Gus and the reason he acts like he does in BB is because he feels protected under Gus, never actually knowing he's the real reason Kim left.

There's no way Saul would become the lawyer he was in BB if Kim had been whacked because of his dealings in cartel business.

Agree with that to a point but Jimmy is such a tourist in their relationship, compared to Kim’s true feelings for him.

You saw that across the last two Eps, were while out in the desert Mike said it’s his relationship with his granddaughter that he wants to keep living for, and asks Jimmy what it is for him, and you see on his face he has nothing (but himself).

And then in the following Ep he tries to sell Kim on her being the only thing that kept him alive. He’s a right cunt, basically, and I wonder just how quickly he would get over Kim. :lol:

2 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

Hide contents

There's no way Saul would become the lawyer he was in BB if Kim had been whacked because of his dealings in cartel business.

Spoiler

I don't think he knows. I have a feeling she's going to cause some trouble and Gus will offer to help "hide her" from the Salamancas but to avoid trouble have her whacked. As far as Saul is concered she's safe.

I hope I'm wrong and she does get away safe, but now she's involved I don't see it happening.

On 15/04/2020 at 17:14, OneDvBmbr said:
  Hide contents

Part of what made that last scene so great is that both Kim and Lalo are potentially expendable in the BCS/BB universe, whereas the previous week with Mike and Jimmy in the desert has less suspense. It would have been a shock for either of them to be killed off when there’s another season still left, but for once in this show you couldn’t 100% rule it out.

Another masterful episode. 

Spoiler

Lalo is mentioned in the episode of BB where Jesse and Walt first meet/kidnap Saul.

When he's begging for his life he asks them 'Did Lalo put you up to this?  Or Ignacio?'

So Saul obviously thinks that they are both still alive.

Just watched the last two episodes back to back.

Mate, this programme is SO. FUCKING. GOOD.

God damn. Lalo, Kim, Mike, JIMMY. All brilliant.

And those camera angles!

Fuck.

I just watch it like this :D the entire time, and I'm conscious that I'm doing so, and that makes it EVEN BETTER.