IGNORED

Better Call Saul!

Doctor Shark

Some of the things the toilet said were a little bit on the nose, I suppose. Might've been even funnier if they'd toned it down.

I sort of hope Bryan Cranston never makes an appearance on this show (I will instantly change that opinion when it happens and it's awesome) but the final scene is going to be Saul at his desk being told that his next appointment is RE: badger. They need to make it more apparent what they're going for, but that's the final scene.

Yeah I think if him and Aaron Paul don't make any appearances that would be for the best. Walter and Jesse's story has been told.

It's a good thing I like slow-paced TV, because this is glacial.

Yeah, it's too much of a slow burn. It's well written, well shot and well acted but it just isn't holding my attention very well. Chuck is getting far too much screen time.

Saying that though I've been rewatching Breaking Bad and season 1 of that is very up and down. There are some drawn out, fairly dull episodes.

Needless to say, if it weren't for Breaking Bad, I'd have bailed out of this after the first episode. I'd still have gone to Cinnabon, though, so it has that going for it. Successful product placement, that is.

Indeed. For a team of writers that makes it up as they go it's weird how much it feels like this episode was always needed to understand the character through breaking bad.

I seem to be in the minority by enjoying the sedate pace. Anyone with that complaint isn't going to be converted this week.

I seem to be in the minority by enjoying the sedate pace. Anyone with that complaint isn't going to be converted this week.

It is a bit slow. Maybe they are saving the budget for the last episode which will be a train heist?

One of the best eps yet. His scene with his daughter in law at the end was some powerful stuff.

And the cop car and piece of string was amazing. This show, like BB before it, does the details so incredibly well. Like Saul making his 'robot sex voice' tube a few weeks ago, specifically the way he got the kitchen roll off the cardboard tube using the broom handle - just lovely, richly mundane stuff.

God, I got so confused about Philadelphia/Albuquerque and when everything happened - looked it up and it was much easier than my brain initially thought.

Super fantastic stuff though. A characteristically out of character episode for this "show" (do we start calling it a "universe"?).

I felt that at the end of the previous episode, things were about to step up a gear. I was entirely correct. I've been really enjoying to series so far, but for those who were complaining that there's been too much buildup and not enough payoff, surely that's their answer. Plenty more where that came from I'm sure.

Just watched the latest episode and I've got a question...

How did he sober up so quickly in the cop car? I initially thought he'd been acting all night, but the bar tender mentioned about giving him a lift home and he'd have known if he hadn't really been drinking all night.

But that's the only way he could have done it and when the other cops started investigating the shooting wouldn't they have already interviewed that bar tender and found out that Mike was only drinking soft drinks all night and pretending to be pissed?

How did he sober up so quickly in the cop car? I initially thought he'd been acting all night, but the bar tender mentioned about giving him a lift home and he'd have known if he hadn't really been drinking all night.

But that's the only way he could have done it and when the other cops started investigating the shooting wouldn't they have already interviewed that bar tender and found out that Mike was only drinking soft drinks all night and pretending to be pissed?

Not that hard to pour drink away out of sight. I've definitely dumped an unsolicited shot or two through the spill drain most bars have.

It's strongly implied that

Mike had been drinking for months. His daughter in law mentions it when they have their heart to heart and it's referenced in the police interview. It's also mentioned in the interview that the bar was a cop bar where the clientele are almost exclusively police. This definitely goes on in lots of industries so I've no reason to disbelieve the notion that there are boozers which cater to police officers.

The point is everybody knows everybody in the bar already, Mike's been at the bottom of a bottle ever since his son died, tonight is no different to any other where he has been drunk as far as anybody else is concerned other than the fact that that he made a seemingly drunken threat. Maybe Mike had been playing the long con, lulling the two police officers who murdered his son into a false sense of security. It's clear that he had been plotting to kill them, he had the second gun because he knew they would take his first one. He refused the offer of a taxi from the barman because he wanted to be seen outside alone, hoping that he would get picked up by the guys he threatened. From all that I inferred he probably only drunk a couple of the drinks he purchased.

!! ;)

I even love that it just suddenly stops too. Coronation Street would never dare to do that.

I was just coming here to post that it irks me a little that it cuts off instead of ending. It's not like it's not got more than a couple of seconds to go either. To think that it could be a production decision. Weird.