Better Call Saul!

I couldn’t wait for Tuesday so pondered a Saul rewatch and then thought I’d go for a BB rewatch.

Just hit s2.8 and Jimmy has just gone to see Badger. Amazing character out the gate and one of the bet character introductions in anything.

On 29/02/2020 at 14:31, the_debaser said:

Those 2 crackheads were the worst characters in the entire BB/BCS universe. 

Even more so than that stupid fly. 

Fly is the best episode of anything ever!

Love that this is back, the first episode had me straight back into the world and while the second was a slower burn it was still class - so sad to see him slowly destroying the best thing he’s got tho :(

I’m loving this new series. It has the same magic as all the others...when the screen goes black and the credits come up I’m desperate for the next episode.

15 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

Fly is the best episode of anything ever!

It's debasser. Ignore him. Also ignore anyone who doesn't like Fly. Their opinion is shite.

Oh lord, I fear for Kim. I almost want to stop watching now so I can remain blissfully ignorant and pretend she just got an amazing offer at the other end of the country and lives happily ever after.

I seem to have totally forgotten that she did go to S&C at some point last season, must be getting old.

What was the postcard that Mike demanded be taken down behind the bar at the start?

Why does Nacho live with an OCD woman who's not his girlfriend?

The postcard seemed to be Sydney Opera House (I think) but I don't think it mattered. He was just spoiling for a fight.

Have no idea about the jigsaw woman.

Still loving every moment.

The darkness in the scene with his dad was very well played. With the final shot his dad walking into the light leaving him alone in the darkness. I thought it was great.

Bit of a shocker to see Maurice Minnefield (Barry Corbin) in the latest episode - man, he's got so old. I wouldn't have recognised him if not for his still perfect teeth and the fact his voice hasn't changed in the slightest.

OK, prediction:

Spoiler

I'm really hoping nothing awful happens to Kim, as we know she's not around (in Jimmy's life at least) in Breaking Bad.

So, my prediction is that she's still alive, has a massive disagreement with Jimmy this season and they part ways, is nothing to do with his life in Breaking Bad, then next season it's all Jimmy in the post BB black and white world, and he reconnects with Kim to help him out with his post BB troubles.

On 04/03/2020 at 19:00, Pob said:

Why does Nacho live with an OCD woman who's not his girlfriend?

I think in the episode before this one, when the Gus goons broke into his bedroom, the OCD lady was the one cowering in the corner. So i think he has a little harem thing going on.

That was an amazing episode.  From the very opening shot to the last one... every single scene.  The build up of threat is getting really heavy now.  Jimmy and Kim on the balcony without a word spoken was *amazing*.

I'm pretty sure Kim is alive in BB era - I can't imagine Jimmy would stay going as Saul Goodman as enthusiastically as he was if Kim was dead.  I'm interested to see how Jimmy goes from working with Lalo to working with Gus.  Some clever trickery ala end of series 4 of BB coming up soon methinks devised by CRIME MASTERMIND GUS.  

I suspect about mid-way through the last season we'll get a few 'black and white' era episodes where Kim comes back to Jimmy.

Please

On 05/03/2020 at 14:53, Darwock said:

Bit of a shocker to see Maurice Minnefield (Barry Corbin) in the latest episode - man, he's got so old. I wouldn't have recognised him if not for his still perfect teeth and the fact his voice hasn't changed in the slightest.

Took me a moment to realise which character you were talking about but god, I didn't recognise him at all!

The official podcast is a great listen after each episode. Last weeks podcast talked for some time about how they made the ant part. Very interesting and funny. 

Another great episode this week, as expected. Gus is one scary MF. Laughed like a loon at Jimmy's 'visual aids'. The ending was proper :blink:, too.

And re. Kim:

Spoiler

If she is going to end up behind bars, maybe it's as a result of planting evidence or doing something illegal to stop Mesa Verde from getting the land that the old man is on?

Mike’s character is just ridiculous these days. He was never believable as a hard man but he looks way too old these days. He needs some of those anti ageing effects they used in the Irishman.