rllmuk
Stigweard

Peaky Blinders - New Season 25th August 9pm BBC1

I went to a Peaky Blinders night at the Black Country Museum (another Black Country resident here) a few weeks ago, absolutely superb night out (you have to go in costume), I'm incredibly excited for this season,

An absolute belter. Great to have it back.

I laughed at the pheasant shoot, but it basically showed what was inevitable - they weren't suited to that life, and oh crikey is it going to kick off. 

• Upvote 1

Very silly and fun. You can do a fun drinking game, do a shot everytime:

People walk in slow motion

Someone says "peaky blinders"

Something gypsy happens

Mr Gold is a worthy addition to Aiden Gillen’s Hall of Accent Shame. 

It must be contagious, cos Brody’s accent was meandering all over the place too.

Still an amazing show though. Loving this season so far.

• Upvote 1

I'm still not sure on what Polly is up to

Spoiler

She is either really setting up Tommy to be taken out.  Or this is some plan that her and Tommy have to turn the tables on Luca. 

I've a feeling where going to see a fake death for Tommy, all part of the plan,  which will lull Luca into a false sense of security allowing Tommy to strike back -  as much as Polly is pissed at Tommy I cant see her going against him either as Family is family for blinders

19 minutes ago, papalasarou said:

I'm still not sure on what Polly is up to

Reveal hidden contents

She is either really setting up Tommy to be taken out.  Or this is some plan that her and Tommy have to turn the tables on Luca. 

I've a feeling where going to see a fake death for Tommy, all part of the plan,  which will lull Luca into a false sense of security allowing Tommy to strike back -  as much as Polly is pissed at Tommy I cant see her going against him either as Family is family for blinders

Spoiler

I thought that, and PB being PB, Michael will no doubt get caught up in it all with disastrous consequences, pushing him closer to his adoptive mother...

6 hours ago, Boothjan said:

Hide contents

I thought that, and PB being PB, Michael will no doubt get caught up in it all with disastrous consequences, pushing him closer to his adoptive mother...

Spoiler

I thought that was cleverly done, re-introducing his adoptive mother like that... And then the whole perfume comment later from Polly

Arthur had a busy morning, didn't he?

• Upvote 1

elsewhere people seem to be getting annoyed by Adrian Brody's OTT amalgam of every mobsters ever into a single character, but this show has always been a bit hammy and over stylised, its part of the appeal.

I just hope we get to see the equally OTT Alfie Solomon's and Luca on screen at the same time chewing the scenery to small pieces - it'll be like the famous Heat scene but with more shoutiness and odd accents.

• Upvote 2

It’s completely ridiculous and utterly brilliant. Brody is a genius addition. Throw Hardy back in and add Littlefinger to the scene and I might just explode.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, jonamok said:

It’s completely ridiculous and utterly brilliant. Brody is a genius addition. Throw Hardy back in and add Littlefinger to the scene and I might just explode.

they have to make that happen, I'd totally forgotten about Wurzel Gummidge - a proper Mexican stand off with them all spitting bad accents and hamminess at each other would be a scene for the ages.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, papalasarou said:

another great episode

Hide contents

So do we think that Tommy knows that he is being set up? 

Spoiler

It was great how he got Arthur to play along with the trap at the start of the episode. But judging by Polly's reaction to Changretta's phone call, she thinks she HAS set Tommy up and not tipped him off. So, no, I don't think Tommy suspects yet.

I know none of this should be taken too seriously or literally as its all a bit ludicrous, but can only think that the scriptwriters have no clue how boxing weights work, that boy Goliath aint no welterweight !

Also, and yes I'm not really paying attention, but why am I supposed to care about this boxing fight? I actually have no clue what's going on. Tom hardy was brilliant though, now I've accepted he's taking the piss it's much more fun.

I've just had a little binge on this over the last few days, up to the last episode of series 3. I've got to say it's daft as a brush sometimes but at the same time it's fucking brilliant. Really good to watch a show set in Britain that matches some of the HBO stuff I love. Not read anything about S4 but as of now I feel it's got to have at least two series left in it. Top entertainment.