IGNORED

Made any special plans for PS4/Xbone launch?

Meat

Let's keep these threads coming, I had a nice Buzz going on a couple of days ago but without constant stimulation I end up feeling like an empty husk.

Sadly I can't get out of work on launch day, but I think I'm going to go to a midnight launch and be terrified of getting mugged. If I make it home safe then I'll perhaps hook the system up, get some system updates and set something installing. Depending on how long this takes I might leave it working and head off to bed.

In the morning I'll get up early, play "just for ten minutes" and miss two trains. First one through letting time get away from me, second by not being quite ready to leave the house and get to the station in time.

That much is certain. Beyond that it's anyone's guess, I might miss a third train and start thinking about calling in sick.

Sadly I can't get out of work on launch day, but I think I'm going to go to a midnight launch and be terrified of getting mugged. If I make it home safe then I'll perhaps hook the system up, get some system updates and set something installing. Depending on how long this takes I might leave it working and head off to bed.

Ooh, I'm glad it's not just me. I'll be fast walking in zig-zags, clocking every hoodie on my way from the shop straight to a Taxi rank and wasting another £15 in getting home safely. All the while terrified I'll drop the thing.

I'm thinking of getting the PS4 from the most run-down branch of Tesco along with basic groceries, to give me a sense that I'm degrading (even humiliating) Sony, lest they be haughty, and hit home that our progress since the industrial revolution means they're no more elevated than apples and milk in our consumerist haven. I am in fact the king of these things and they the king of me.

I have a feeling I will be very ill over the launch period of both consoles.....

I just need to come up with an illness that lasts 2+ weeks or if i get really desperate I could kill one of my immediate family members and bag myself some compassionate leave. Decisions eh?

Will pick it up mid-morning along with camera, DriveClub, KZ:SF, and Knack. BF4 should arrive by post.

Will set it up. Will register it to PSN.

Will wait while it downloads its updates. Sniffing and stroking the DS4 all the while.

Will start with Killzone. Will download its updates.

Will curse my 2Mb connection for the 2 millionth time.

Will finally start playing KZ:SF about 7pm.

Will not care.

I'm gonna take my time opening the box, ogling the PS4's new dust-free ports, reading the EU Safety manual and bask in the sense of triumph that cakes the whole new-item extravaganza for a while, after which my gentle babysitting of the gorgeous metal-plastic conglomerate inevitably slips into apathy, then abuse. Might read old issues of Super Play and Edge, perhaps watch an episode of the wonder years to really amp up all the thrill/nostalgia/new-console sentiments floating around.

Booked the week off for the Xbone launch, luckily I'm the only game playing member of my maintenance team so it was fairly easy to get the week off. Pre-Ordered from Amazon so will sit around on launch day getting more and more agitated by the minute, I'll then, when it arrives, settle down with a crate of Red Bull and various snacks and will not be seen for some time

Can. Not. Wait.

Booked the week off for the Xbone launch, luckily I'm the only game playing member of my maintenance team so it was fairly easy to get the week off. Pre-Ordered from Amazon so will sit around on launch day getting more and more agitated by the minute, I'll then, when it arrives, settle down with a crate of Red Bull and various snacks and will not be seen for some time

Can. Not. Wait.

Expect to see a "we called" card on your doormat appear the second you've turned your back. :(

I'm not buying either console and launch but will be reading your waiting for delivery, unboxings, UI and game impressions with jealously. There's nothing like a new console launch and were gonna have two within weeks of each other. I'm hoping Watchdogs is a launch title and comes out on PC on the same day so I can at least play in alongside my next gen console brothers and sisters. I'm really excited for you guys :).