IGNORED

Resogun - PS4 launch shoot-em-up, 1080p 60fps

Meat

Having just bought this yesterday I'm really enjoying it but feel like I haven't grasped everything yet. Just playing the standard arcade mode. How do I know where the enemies are appearing that free the humans? I sometimes see a diamond pattern but other times I don't notice anything until I hear "human lost". Also when I boost am I invincible?

Free humans by shooting the glowing green enemies that appear for a limited time. Be aware that some 'sets' of glowing green enemies must be shot in the correct order otherwise the human is lost. Some humans can only be freed if you have a high enough multiplier, if you don't when it's their turn to be freed then they'll die.

• 2 weeks later...

Best game on PS4 man, I've said it over and over again.

Glad that people have picked it up and are still playing though, see if you can trump some of my scores :hat:

I beat you on a couple the challenge scores last night, but I suspect you may have just been giving them a quick go. I am nowhere near your arcade score - Like you are 80 mill and i have 22mill :lol:

Well just gone back to this and started to play survival mode, and it's addictive as hell!!!

Man I just couldn't stop playing last night, even though I am not very good ????

Highest score is only about 19mill. But just love playing it!!

Anyone who doesn't have this needs to get it.

Fair play to Sony, with this and driveclub they have shown how to support games really well after initial launch.

The best change from this update is the voiceover tells me when the sentinel appears on survival mode. Might actually be able to make it to day 5 now!

I only went and bloody did it!

post-163-0-62405900-1426118003_thumb.jpg

As soon as it popped I pretty much slouched back in my chair and let the game end :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Yeah it's the best game on PS4 for me, still not been back to beat Pete's scores yet though.

To unlock veteran, you have to complete Arcade on Experienced (I think) and yeah, the multiplier increases on that mode.

For the DLC - it's a must buy if you enjoy the game. Get the season pass which I think is about £7 and that gives you everything.

This is incredible.

I hit 65m yesterday.

How do I unlock veteran mode, which I assume gives you 20x multi?

Also wondering whether its worth buying the DLC. Any good? Loving the arcade mode for high scores with friends.

My score was done on normal, so 10X max multiplier. Yeah the Season pass is well worth it. Some of the game modes are really . I've added you on PSN be good to get some weekly challenges or something going with peeps.

. Interesting that you scores that on 10x only. Did you clear the first two bosses without dying / losing the multi? I think that's key going into world three.

As far as I remember I cleared up to the 5th level without dying or losing the multiplier.On the 5th stage I died a few times. If you save up a overdrive for the third level boss you can get some very high scores

This is a great guide to getting your score up:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tg379i9leo5uvx0/resogun_guide_v1.0.pdf

• 1 year later...

Fired this up for first time in ages as thought it may be a good game to test/show off my new PS4 pro on last night and it looks stunning - the 4K leap in such a highly detailed particle effect heavy game is something to see on a huge tv screen - its not just eye candy either, I find it a bit easier to see what is going on and where the keepers green trails fly off to once you've shot them.

• 3 months later...

Season pass is once again down in price (£2.59 iirc) https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/addons/resogun-season-pass/cid=EP9000-CUSA00005_00-RSGNSEASONPASS00

As has already been said this in 4k HDR is bloody lovely to look at. I'm a million miles off mastering the mechanics of the main game (never mind the four new bits that come with the season pass but by god it's a real "one more go" game isn't it.

Please feel free to add me so that I've got some scores to chase / look at in wonderment :)

• 2 years later...

I've just started playing this for the first time (seven years late, but whatever).

I'm enjoying it, but how can you tell where the keepers are unless you just so happen to be on the same part of the map as where they spawn? I may be misremembering, but in Nex Machina it was made a lot more obvious. Plus, the maps were a lot smaller so you didn't have as far to travel.