IGNORED

RLLMUK F1: Season Lucky 7 (Spa, 3rd December, 9.00pm)

kiroquai

Will be interesting to see if there actually are any cross-compatible wheels for the next-gen. Microsoft seem to have made a fairly big effort with the two wheels announced so far and I wonder if they might block people like Fanatec from licensing the tech to make wheels for the system (assuming they can do that).

I have orders in for both machines currently but feel like the momentum is with PS4 (certainly on this forum) so will likely cancel the Bone. At the end of the day its about having good people to play online with as both machines will have a great selection of games this time next year. At the moment the PS4 promises a bigger pool of potential RLLMUKers to link up with.

I also went without a PS3 for the whole of this gen so might be fun to jump back to the Sony side again. Im hoping for some backwards compatability soon though as I want to play The Last Of Us on the PS4.

Bloody hell mate, you dont hang about! I think you are one of the few people in here who actually completed a full season of career mode on 2012. What keeps you going?! Also, what difficulty are you playing on out of interest?

Like you I have no understanding of coding. I cant imagine the decison to introduce what is a fairly minor animation has any kind of impact on resources that could be assigned to things like UI or AI as you suggest. More likely Codemasters are happy with the UI they have this year and dont see it as a problem. Speculation of course, but I just dont see the two things as being related. Happy for someone to set me straight mind :)

The AI could do with some balancing. I think the Legendary pace on the whole is fine, but I want the AI drivers and teams to have the same struggles as I do with the tyres and aero package early in the season. Three races in im not convinced this is the case, and as Rice suggests it doesnt seem to get any better in time for Catalunya. Hopefully soon though things will level out.

Also, Joyce, I see you mention how useful the race engineer is this year. I would massively contest that - his comments seem to consistently be about 5-10 mins out. For example, in China practice I was on inters on a drying track. I noticed the swipe showing them over-heating (going yellow rather than green) as the track dried and realised it was time to change to options. It was at this exact moment that my engineer came over the radio informing me that tyre temps were in their perfect operating range and that they were the right ones for the conditions :facepalm:

He also kept mentioning at my Malaysia race (posted above) that light rain was on the way about 10 mins after it was already raining. Its not good. If it actually worked it could be so useful, especially on things like tyre suitability and temps, as I imagine not everyone will look at that part of the swipe menu.

Anyway, here is my China career race from last night. Definitely my worst effort so far, not because of the increased AI difficulty and finishing position but because of the awful lack of grip and some seriously aggressive AI (check out Jenson ramming me in the first corner at one point - not like him!!).

Edit: Ha, even the image Youtube has randomly picked for the video shows my troubles with the tyres!

Marmite. For the duration of me being in the Sauber I realised I was on expert difficulty AI, even though i thought i was on legendary. When i moved to Red Bull I qualied 1st by a couple of seconds, thats when i checked and realised. For the remainder of the Season I was on legendary.

I have never had a wet to dry race yet. I can only comment on Dry - Wet. Race Enginner seemed to be on the ball with that way anyway.

It's all booked, thanks everyone for your help! Gotta leave at 4.30 in the morning, (£89 return!) 3 hour train ride to Banbury, doss around for a while til the buses come into service then off to Tesco Brackley!!!! Also gotta send a note to my head of year as I'll be missing all my lectures that day... shall I tell the truth (it's an engineering degree) or fib it? I will after all, be learning loads about engineering!

I feel like a 3 year old on Christmas day.

I'M COMING TO GET YOU MERCEDES!!!!!!!!

Awesome :), have a good one mate! There's a Maccy D's just opposite where the buses are in Banbury which is ideal for breakfast :eyebrows:. Also, hilariously, Banbury currently has some sort of random funfair happening so if you fancy running around going on rides with questionable safety certificates and eating so much candy floss you yack then you're in luck!

And Grand Prix mode does not allow you to select all the GPs and do a whole season with your favourite driver.

Not that I dispute any of your other points (Season Challenge is such a wasted opportunity) but you can do this this year. When you get to the track selection screen, press back on the pad and it adds the entire 2013 season complete with driver standings.

Third game in this series with a safety car.

Third game in this series where the "backmarkers can unlap themselves" rule has been omitted.

Why? What is the point of playing strategy under the safety car? A chance to get a Marussia in the top 10 has been denied to me because Codemasters think we're too stupid to understand a simple rule.

God dammit, it's never going to change is it? I'd protest and say I ain't buying this shit again next year if I actually thought I wouldn't, but no, I will pay for the privilage of being able to spit venom on a forum. Fuck my life and Codemasters.

For the player I'd disagree. At least any half intelligent player. But you're right, there's no way the AI would manage to get around the safety car without causing another massive incident :lol:

I'm just pissed that I essentially found myself a lap down for trying to do what all F1 drivers do in this situation - take advantage of it. That was a Restart Session moment for sure.

Hiliarious at Monaco if you have that dynamic pit cam thing on (so you get the perspective of the mechanic) your car drives straight into the wall on the right when it leaves the box :lol:

i just had a cracking race at Melbourne for Season 2. Lost pole by 0.064. on legendary too so was challenging but i pulled off the win in the end. Something different in Season 2 of my career though. 25% race and in my race stratergy it had 2 stops. Pitted on lap 4 for option then lap 8 for primes to take me up to lap 15. AI did the same too except some did Option to Prime to Option. Came out infront of Vettel by 9 seconds when he pitted and 3 laps to go. His options were mental he narrowed the gap and i wont the race by 0.088

@ Rice: That kind of shit actually really annoys me. They go to the trouble of sorting the handling and yet the animation at times is atrocious. The car seems to leave the pit box at right angles.

Yes, I would trade off shit pit animations for improved handling, but four games in I'm not sure that's a decent argument.

Good stuff LeChuck, sounds like you finally had a positive experience :)

Seems like you must be doing 50% races too? I'm looking forward to some of those online soon.

Just had a fun race at Bahrain against the AI. Went for a setup easy on the tyres and it seemed to help. Video in the morning.

We are submitting them to Kiro, some time next week I believe?

My Bahrain career race is below. After a shocking start it was quite a fun race. Not sure my setup (designed to make the tyres last) made a difference or not. They felt ok when I pitted, but I dont kow what they would have been like with a more aggressive approach.