rllmuk
FishyFish

HBO's Westworld. Yee-Haww Co/w,bo.Y@@@ [FATAL ERROR]

Mentioning this and Picard in the same breath is a tad harsh!

Jesus Christ, Picard makes Westworld seem like fucking Blade Runner.

• Upvote 5

I was hoping for a bit action from Dolores' point of view when she was plugged into Rheoboam. 

A wall of Mr Smith type algorithms bashing against her AI in a 'Three Body Problem' style virtual landscape. 

Having her lay there like a great big functional USB stick really took away from her internal struggle to be a free agent. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Popo said:

Mentioning this and Picard in the same breath is a tad harsh!

18 hours ago, dug said:

Jesus Christ, Picard makes Westworld seem like fucking Blade Runner.

:lol:

You realise I meant season 3 of WW only though, right? 

FWIW, Picard and WW S3 ep1 both took interesting characters / amazing settings, transplanted them into an environment that was far less compelling, and also lobotomised the writing at the same time. 

Maybe WW S3 improves considerably but, as it was all about the park, it seemed like generic sci-fi world #3254 to me, and immediately felt worn-out. Hence the noping. 

In many ways it's the weakest season, no doubt, but there's some nuggets of pure joy in there. The soundtrack is as good as ever, especially in a certain scene in episode 4, and William is still the best grumpiest arsehole on the planet. I thought Bernard and Stubbs were a great double-act, too. Stubbs just seems to exist to get beaten up and shot to shit outside of the park. Poor bastard.

There's also some great "what the fuck" moments too, two of which revolve around "Hale".

Picard is literally bottom of the barrel in every single department you can possibly imagine, whereas Westworld just seems to be throwing shit at a wall, and sometimes things stick.

Next season will be very interesting, I think, after that post-credits scene.

• Upvote 2

Having watched it, S3 is S5 of Person Of Interest with all the guts, plot, acting, suspense and stakes taken out.

It's really not. About all they have in common is the SUPER COMPUTER thing and the same music composer.