rllmuk
FishyFish

HBO's Westworld. Yee-Haww Co/w,bo.Y@@@ [FATAL ERROR]

3 hours ago, probeater said:

Cool, thought he may have done.

The pov from the robot was a lot like predator as well thinking about it.

Er, Predator was three years after T1. Although the time travel and all that... :-)

I've watched this over the last couple of weeks having avoided all spoilers other than the general vibe about how good it was. Which it was! I'm glad I didn't read all the internet theories as I went along because the reveals were much better as "oh wow" than "oh the internet was right about that."

Do we know when the next series is on?

On 23/07/2017 at 02:16, Goose said:

Season 2 preview trailer - Obviously major spoiler if you've not seen S1

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Black Ops guys in beach buggies = shark jumped

• Upvote 1

Binged this over a couple of nights. Brilliant stuff. It's a bit Swiss Cheese with some of its plot-holes but such a grand undertaking with some masterclass acting and weighty plot lines would be bound to have a few. Haven't gotten around to reading up on speculation and fan takes of the show but with regards to

Spoiler

Maeve leaving the train with empathetic motherly urges overriding her programming and Delores killing Ford, my take is that these were the final steps to become conscious. Doing these things of their own volition was the centre of the maze and Ford knew this, it was what he hoped for if his good guy reveal is true. If she killed him then his and Arnold's work was complete, they had created conscious beings. Now that there are free thinking hosts the species can be left to its own devices with those conscious hosts leading/transforming the others who aren't yet self aware. 

trouble is we could all be programmed - thinking we are making impulsive decisions of our own will could be part of our programming. And what better way to convince an AI that it is free?

13 hours ago, Salsa Party Animal said:

Don't know much about this show, and how do people find it so far ? I have 4K blu ray boxset on order at amazon.co.uk. Is it a good investment ? 

Why would you order it if you don't know anything about it? :huh:

4 hours ago, Glasgowchivas said:

Lots of timeline questions in that trailer, which I like. Was worried it was going to drop all that after the end of the last season. 

Yeah me too, I have so many questions!

On 30/11/2017 at 20:45, Tourist said:

Just started watching this.

Holy fucking shit what is with the English swearing guy?

Please say he is just an extra or something. Like, he's not a key character is he?

Who was the English swearing guy... I can't remember that long ago!!