HBO's Westworld. Yee-Haww Co/w,bo.Y@@@ [FATAL ERROR]

Episode 6 - Seen almost all of it (about 8 minutes to go)

Good -

Spoiler

Thandie Newton was fantastic. Teddy being such a bad motherfucker that even the man in black was surprised.

Bad -

Spoiler

The fucking English designer guy is back. And his drunk acting is even worse than his sober!

I always miss stuff like that. I did catch Fake Plastic Trees playing on the piano (I think). 

Spoiler

So do we think next week is going to give us the Arnold reveal? Or is the girl simply going to end up dead? I think it's interesting that there are hosts in the park who they have no record of, meaning there could be hosts on both sides that they're perhaps not aware are hosts. I'll happily admit, I'm losing track of what could be happening. Are we to assume that the hosts that are going off-track and remembering things, are because Arnold is telling them so/altering their programming. 

What didn't strike me until after, was how much I enjoyed the episode because we didn't get Delores in it. I like her character but her storyline seems quite slow. Where as Maeve and the possibility of Arnold/sabotage seems much more interesting. 

1 hour ago, Harsin said:

Logo on the old computer.

RG0BS1U.gif

Also, Americans don't know the difference between Scotland and Wales.

Pendeen = Cornwall

Pendine = Wales

I think Tony Hopkins would have corrected them.  Unless it wasn't this bit your on about. 

Ep six a bit full of cliché - conveniently timed 'dont trust' phone calls, the intro of the girl from the board was like a character introduction from The OC. And those technicians are not doing realistic things. Really messed with suspension of disbelief.

1 hour ago, PopeSmokesDope said:

Anyone else notice the yul brener character out of focus when Bernard went down to the basement near the start?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35b73affdcbea6f6aef91bdae3072457.jpg

Haha, im so glad somebody else noticed that little throw back to the movie :)

Does Wyatt actually exist? He seemed to be an invention but now I'm wondering if the asshole executive (brother in law of white hat) could somehow be him? 

Spoiler

That would make for an interesting showdown if Wyatt turns out to be the guy in the centre of the maze and white hat turns out to be the man in black.

8 hours ago, Sponge said:

On that subject what was the track playing when she was getting the guided tour? I knew the tune but couldn't find the name...

10 hours ago, Nicky said:

the "motion picture soundtrack" part  :wub:

(radiohead)

I thought that was a great episode, it really picked the pace up nicely and wasn't simply more of the same we've already seen

Spoiler

Small thing I picked up, Anthony Hopkins showed Bernard a picture of Arnold in his office a few weeks ago, when Bernard then went into the 'off grid' home and saw the old man in there he asked the older man 'Arnold?' - but it was subsequently revealed to be Anthony Hopkins father.

Could just be the picture was of a younger man and Bernard assumed the robot was an older version (but androids don't age)

It's amazing that so many (myself included) picked up a momentary, out of focus glance at a cowboy in a blue shirt as being a Yul Brynner reference. Must be something about that pose I guess that just makes it so distinctive. Once again, very impressed with the way they shot that!

12 hours ago, cassidy said:

Pendeen = Cornwall

Pendine = Wales

I think Tony Hopkins would have corrected them.  Unless it wasn't this bit your on about. 

I was on about his dad being Scottish and his dog being called Jock. Not that either necessarily precludes Hopkins' character being Welsh given he's using his natural accent. But given that KidHopkinsBot talks with a RADA English accent, it's more likely the casting director just doesn't give a fuck.

Anyone find it weird that they only ever refer to Arnold by the one name. Makes me think it's going to lead to a big reveal. His name was Arnold... Bernard!

12 hours ago, Harsin said:

I was on about his dad being Scottish and his dog being called Jock. Not that either necessarily precludes Hopkins' character being Welsh given he's using his natural accent. But given that KidHopkinsBot talks with a RADA English accent, it's more likely the casting director just doesn't give a fuck.

Anyone find it weird that they only ever refer to Arnold by the one name. Makes me think it's going to lead to a big reveal. His name was Arnold... Bernard!

Hmmmn, Arnold A the first letter of the alphabet, B is for Bernard the second letter of the alphabet... D for Delores...

12 hours ago, Harsin said:

I can't even remember the last time someone at work called me by my surname, or at home. I must see about 100 people a day. Is that really odd?

Bernard's last name was used in that episode though.

I kind of wonder if Arnold uploaded himself into a host a la Ghost in the Shell. It was interesting to hear that their brains are more powerful than ours, which makes it a possibility. Bernard might be wondering the same thing, hence the question he asked.

1 hour ago, Lorfarius said:

I can't even remember the last time someone at work called me by my surname, or at home. I must see about 100 people a day. Is that really odd?

Yeah, but presumably they know you. A bunch of characters who never even met him just refer to him as Arnold.