rllmuk
FishyFish

HBO's Westworld. Yee-Haww Co/w,bo.Y@@@ [FATAL ERROR]

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=108376

Bad Robot is living up to its name today as Deadline reports that J.J. Abrams and Jonah Nolan are teaming with Warner Bros. Television's Jerry Weintraub to adapt Michael Crichton 1973's sci-fi thriller for the small screen. HBO has given the planned series a pilot commitment with Nolan directing the pilot and writing alongside "Burn Notice" scribe Lisa Joy.

The original film, both written and directed by Crichton, takes place in a future amusement park wherein visitors interact with androids in recreations of famous historical environments. When something goes wrong, however, the androids turn deadly.

Westworld received a sequel, Futureworld, in 1976 and was spun off into a short-lived series, "Beyond Westworld," in 1980.

The new series will be executive produced by Abrams, Nolan, Joy, Weintrarub and Bryan Burk with Kathy Lingg co-executive producing and Anthena Wickam producing.

• Upvote 1

Fuck. This is potentially brilliant news. Potentially horrific news.

Not sure how it could be a series really, and Itchy and Scratchy Land will loom large, but I'm really intetested in seeing what might happen.

• Upvote 1

I reckon Sir Hopkins will play the Richard Attenborough role for the new Jurassic cowboy park. Which probably won't be cowboys but where people get to fight robot ISIS members dressed as Collation soldiers, in-between going to orgies and eating at fast-food restaurants, where the main employee are Steve Buscemi and John Travolta. Those actors give the main characters, (the cast of Harry Potter) advice on how to survive and enact the best possible cliff-hanger ending whilst the back catalogue of Al Green and Tom Waits plays on over slow motion footage of Yul Brynner's face on an Ipad.

Is this a one off anthology or does it have designs on being a multi season series?

Either way, it's gone near to the top of my watch list, right next to Keanu Reeves new show...

Looks good. Have fond memories of the original film as had to study it for media studies at school.

However it does seem quite different. There seems to be a VR element to it but there are robots too?

On 6/20/2016 at 15:54, DeFiBkIlLeR said:

Is this a one off anthology or does it have designs on being a multi season series?

Either way, it's gone near to the top of my watch list, right next to Keanu Reeves new show...

The cast have signed multi-year deals apparently, so I guess it depends how it's received.

I know I sound like a stuck record, but this first trailer (only one I've seen so far) has a lot of footage, I imagine from probably every episode of the series - proceed with spoiler caution 

Looks fantastic, never thought that that the trailer would spoiler the entire series  and watched it elsewhere so bollocks to that but this is a definite must  see for me, love the original movie and theres a pretty creepy vibe going on in this one IMO.