Nintendo 2DS

therearerules

My 4 year old daughter plays on my 3DS with the 3D turned on. I don't have a problem with this and neither does the scientific evidence.

But it definitely does strain your eyes no matter how old you are. It will affect you more if youre four as youre still developing.I guess that's the thinking. Go to jail!

I doubt people will be that confused with the 3DS 2DS compatability issue since most 3DS is compatible with DS and they have come to expect that the new one will play the "old one"''s games.

The hate for this is just stupid and reactionary.

It's not REPLACING the clam shell. It's an alternative for a market that exists. For kids or other folk who don't care about 3D but want a cheaper system. Especially when kids are bugging their parents to get them Pokemon X and Y.

I think its a brilliant idea. Gamers will carry on buying the clamshell. Its a brilliant name as well.

Only thing is as is typical Nintendo it could get a bit confusing for idiots because all the software is going to come out with 3DS on still. Unless their gonna change that.

But it definitely does strain your eyes no matter how old you are. It will affect you more if youre four as youre still developing.I guess that's the thinking. Go to jail!

I doubt people will be that confused with the 3DS 2DS compatability issue since most 3DS is compatible with DS and they have come to expect that the new one will play the "old one"''s games.

And its not the point if it does work or doesn't.

I would just say that most kids under 8 don't really care. My 6 year old doesn't give a monkeys about 3D. He says it makes it look 'weird'.

Haven't seen this much screaming and anger since the Wii remote reveal. Hah!

On another note: I love how big and chunky the shoulder buttons are on the 2DS. Yum.

Them shoulder buttons look all sorts of lovely. If they were to release a 2DSXL I'd be tempted to upgrade (perhaps downgrade? I'm not sure) from my original 3DS as I don't much care for the 3D anyway, and the 2DS looks very comfortable to hold.

Only thing is as is typical Nintendo it could get a bit confusing for idiots because all the software is going to come out with 3DS on still. Unless their gonna change that.

I imagine they'll mark new games as being compatible with 2DS, much like they did when they released the DSi and Game Boy Color.

Isn't it because kids eyes are close together so they have to hold it nearer for the 3D to work, or something?

The battery not being improved is my only real niggle. From what I can tell it's because the camera's are still 3D and you can't turn the Wi-Fi(and by extension, Streetpass) off anymore. Also, Nintendo has removed the power save feature. I wonder how good the battery would be if you'd turn all of that off though.

The form factor makes it very tempting, if it means I won't get numb hands as I do with 3DS XL right now. Rebuying all my downloaded software...hah! Fat chance Nintendo!

I was actually expecting Nintendo to release a cheaper Wii U sans GamePad later this year, but if the Nintendo 2DS is any indication, Nintendo will be releasing a drive-less Wii U that doesn't connect to a television called the Wii Y, available in pumice grey or artichoke green, or something equally as mental and redundant and liable to confuse consumers. :seanr:

I was actually expecting Nintendo to release a cheaper Wii U sans GamePad later this year, but if the Nintendo 2DS is any indication, Nintendo will be releasing a drive-less Wii U that doesn't connect to a television called the Wii Y, available in pumice grey or artichoke green, or something equally as mental and redundant and liable to confuse consumers. :seanr:

A Wii U without the gamepad could never happen. It affects the games that you play on it. 3D does not affect games on the 3DS in any way. That was always their mantra. On or off is fine.

Except for those levels in Mario where it helped.

Wii U without the gamepad could never happen.

It'll happen before long, I promise you. Before the end of the year if Nintendo really are in panic mode. You can already do most of the functions on the Wii U with a Wiimote or Pro Controller, and practically most games are A-OK (of not preferable to some users) played with those controllers.

FWIW, as a Wii U owner, I've only enjoyed using the GamePad for the web browser and Netflix. The rest of the time, it felt like a pointless dead weight.

It'll happen before long, I promise you. Before the end of the year if Nintendo really are in panic mode. You can already do most of the functions on the Wii U with a Wiimote or Pro Controller, and practically most games are A-OK (of not preferable to some users) played with those controllers.

FWIW, as a Wii U owner, I've only enjoyed using the GamePad for the web browser and Netflix. The rest of the time, it felt like a pointless dead weight.

I use mine all the time for off TV play. It's an amazing feature.

Hideous design and horribly cheap - looks like a knock off and not a official product, but in a way it brings back memories of the ol' Game Boy's. It'll survive the end of the world before it can break.

Except, you know, Game Boy's were well rounded and not a bloody wedge. And there was 1 screen to protect, not 2. Sacrificing the ability to close the lid doesn't sit well with me. Nor is the increasing shittiness of sound.

It'll sell. No more warnings about 3D on the box or over the counter to parents.

But the name and the design just makes me feel sick. Competitor to iPad is still questionable.

Sony should feel screwed, though.

Sony should feel screwed, though.

PSP GO was, unfortunately, launched a few years too early. Imagine if they did a low-cost version of the Vita with built in memory, no card slot, bundled with a PS+ subscription for 6 months. All your games were either on the machine or available for download over WiFi (no 3G in the system) from the PSN Store "cloud" service.

It'd sell like bloody hotcakes now that PS+ is well established.

Of course that's not going to happen. It would render all previously released games unplayable. And remove the one point of superiority the console has over the two, much more powerful consoles that it's about to be in direct competition with. Nintendo would release a whole new system before ditching the gamepad.

Honestly, I think people are beginning to go a little crazy over the whole "Nintendo is doomed" thing. Sure, things are still pretty terrible for them, but today's news is unambiguously positive for them: a price cut for the WiiU which everyone thought it needed - that's good. A new, cheaper 3DS for children (just as a new Pokemon is released) - that's good too because it will sell fucking loads. God knows there's still a long way to go, but if they have a lot more days like today, they might manage it.