rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Retroid

Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

It's a coming! Without the limitations of Flash I think it'll be amazing!

Looks like they had fun making the teaser. :lol:

• Upvote 2

Hype for this, though kinda gutted there was no mention of an iOS version there, coulda sworn that had bee mentioned before in an interview...

I think Edmund mentioned that they might do an iOS version if it isn't too much of a dick to do.

Hyped for this, though I still haven't beaten Mom properly in BoI :(

That teaser is brilliant.

I haven't played it much, but I've been addicted to BOILeR lately. Binding of Issac League Racing. Two players race to finish Mom's Heart first. It sounds dull as fuck, but it's excellent. The commentary on the races makes it. http://boilr.org/

• Upvote 1

Augh, it's not going to be on XBLA :(

I might buy a PS4 for it then. If I can somewhow embezzle the funds.

Would I pay money for a smoother version of a game I already own?

A game I've sunk over 30 hours into already?

In this one case......

HELL YES!!!!!

That's the thing, BoI is basically designed around the limitations of Flash - taking those away will change just about everything!

The amount of stuff on screen, the size of the rooms, the exploitable bugs and this new "expansion sized update"... I think only the premise will be the same, everything else has a knock on effect on everything else - items are not going to be same. I'm really looking forward to it and I've put 130 hours into the original.

It'll be refreshing to play the game once again and not just exploiting the hell out of it. :lol:

Hour long Q&A with the creator Edmond McMillin, nothing too new just a nice look into the ideas and methodology that's going into BoI:R.

Here's a list from the Dev of what we can expect from the new Isaac

150+ new items

25+ new enemies

12+ new bosses

3 new playable characters

New floors

New rooms

New room types

New secrets

Tons of new challanges

Local co-op

A few things people might not expect...

He's also said that there will be different difficulty levels, with more rewards the more difficult you go and I know he's messing with big rooms, ones that scroll so I can't wait for that.

They're taking an awfully long time with this so I reckon they might try for Online Co-Op*, I know he's adding a daily seed like Spelunky but sadly I don't think there will be any form of leader-board because of the way Isaac is. There are premium items in shops now that cost twice as much, gambling is gonna be a lot quicker but I don't know what they're doing with that... There's lots of fun stuff, including maybe a "Ghost Mechanic" as well like Spelunky but perhaps not as difficult for the min/maxing people out there. Speed runners are going to be rewarded somehow for if you try to get through as fast as possible... Fundamentally though the way Isaac controls and shoots are going to remain the same.

All this is from what Ed's said in the past but they're probably still in experimentation period so we'll see how much goes in. :D

*Ed's mentioned in the past that it would take way too long to implement "an extra year" - but he's probably going to take an extra year from the original slated release date so here's hoping.

Rebirth Tease, (this is a VERY early build gif)

all items now combo! the programmers are kicking ass, here is proof.

wiggle worm + dr fetus + triple shot + parasite + ouija board + poly!

MEGA OP! deal with it!

tumblr_mycbq7WQ6G1rwh6p8o1_400.gif

It's beautiful!

• Upvote 1

Spoon bender + Tech2 = badass.

all the laser type items are now totally dynamically generated… good times will be had.

eC7oVN1.gif

Brimstone (no demon visual yet) + Spoon bender….

1QPbDbu.gif

• Upvote 1

I must admit even I was a little skeptical when I saw the small gifs, thought it'd be awesome but that it might look worse, now I know it's going to look awesome too!

That looks great!

I'm so tired of the stupid flash version of this. Even though I've put 20 hours into it I've only defeated Mom once. Stupid framerate hiccups and loose controls. Bring on Rebirth!

Don't know if this is the right place to post but there's a build of (I presume) the original game running on the 3DS. Nicalis are trying to get Nintendo to allow it on the eShop (for the Wii U as well, potentially) but it's been a big fat no so far...

Details about the co-op mode, very interesting and perhaps not quite what you'd expect:

http://bindingofisaac.com/post/89016610314/be-careful-i-dont-wanna-lose-this-baby

Xi1SRdj.gif

Don't know if this is the right place to post but there's a build of (I presume) the original game running on the 3DS. Nicalis are trying to get Nintendo to allow it on the eShop (for the Wii U as well, potentially) but it's been a big fat no so far...

It's weird that Nintendo are upholding their "no religious themes" rule on Isaac but massively promoting Bayonetta as well. Despite their strong E3 showing I'm really starting to dislike them.

Edit: Also cool interview with the rebirth creators:

Well first proper gameplay vid, I'm still adjusting to how it looks tbh but man that music is just awesome!

Not released yet, going by the alpha numbers and just how different the updates have been lately I'd really expect it to be within the next 2 months.