IGNORED

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

davejm

Went to play this today as been meaning to for ages but it refuses to recognise my 360 pad (on the pc). Pad works fine for all other Steam/pc games so it's not a config issue.

Anyone have a similar problem and a solution, it is so annoying? :angry:

Dissenting voice here, I've just finished the game and thought it was mediocre at best. The graphics are great, the controls are interesting but the puzzles are repetitive, it feels like you are constantly traversing an incredibly narrow path and whole story left me completely cold. Hated the soundtrack. I'm glad I got the game for next to nothing in the Steam sale because I'd have been very disappointed if I'd paid full price for this, which is a crazy thing to say considering full price was what, a tenner?

Got it working in the end, was recognising the joystick I had plugged in first so just pulled that out and all was well.

I played nearly the whole thing but had to stop right at the end and absolutely loved it. Yes the puzzles are simple and nothing was in any way taxing but I was looking at it more as an interactive brothers Grimm type tale. Lovely world, beautifully realised and just a very very pleasant way to spend a few hours. Excellent stuff. :)

Just playing this now, wow. I dont even know where to begin. The art is utterly gorgeous, the soundtrack is beautiful, and the story/setting just makes me feel like im playing a grimm's fairly tale come to life, or the videogame equivalent of The Neverending Story or something. Every area has just floored me so far with its visuals, im not finished yet but i guess im pretty close, but still, best few euro ive spent all year. Easily one of the best gaming experiences ive had all year. Beats the pants off alot of AAA games ive played

Just played through this in one sitting. I'd read quite a few peoples comments on it being good etc, and watched Total Biscuits Top 10 games of 2013, but even after all that I didn't expect to enjoy it quite so much.

It's pretty much perfect; the story is excellent, and delivered in a way that automatically makes feel involved (the way people like David Cage and Peter Molyneax can only dream about), the soundtrack is fantastic (link here: https://overkillsoundtracks.bandcamp.com/album/brothers-a-tale-of-two-sons-official-soundtrack), and it looks wonderful too; brimming with charm and style. The puzzles are really wall done too, and integrate with the world in a way that makes sense, and the length feels just right.

The last 15 minutes of the game are just incredible.

Game of the year. Everyone should play this.

I read that Edge review posted on page 1. I cant believe they tried to make out that this was inferior to Dear Esther. Dont get me wrong, i likes my artsy fartsy games, and i enjoyed DE alot, but Brothers has actual gameplay, and a story that genuinely had my eyes starting to water at the end, whereas DE had me thinking "i wish i was smart enough to 'get' the story..." by the end. Whoever said Brothers deserves to be mentioned in the same league as Ico and SOTC was dead right.

You're a bit under the min specs:

Minimum:

Processor: 2.4 GHz Dual Core Processor

Memory: 2 GB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 /ATI Radeon HD 2600

DirectX: Version 9.0

Hard Drive: 2 GB available space

Additional Notes: Initial installation requires one-time internet connection for Steam authentication; software installations required (included with the game) include Steam Client, DirectX 9, Microsoft .NET 4 Framework, Visual C++ Redistributable 2010, and AMD CPU Drivers (XP Only/AMD Only)

The game also requires a controller. Have a look at whether this place says your laptop can run it (it seems to be fairly reliable):

http://systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

Wow, just wow. Didn't have any expectations going into this game but finished it in 2 sittings and have to say what a wonderful game this is. Might sound daft but while I was playing this I kept thinking I'm getting so much more pleasure out of Brothers than I ever did playing a game like GTA 5. Totally different games I know but I felt so much part of this story than I ever did in GTA 5. So many wonderful little moments made this game such a pleasure to play. This is definitely in my top 3 games of 2014.

Even at full price this game was so worth it but for £3.29 it's just unbelievable value.