rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Capwn

Orange is the new Black - Netflix Original

That season was abysmal.

The characters depictions in this are all over the place. I'm not sure the writers know what they want the show to be anymore. It really does feel like the show ran its course a while back and now they're struggling to produce anything remotely interesting.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The initial idea was great, but the problem with any popular show is that initial idea runs out of steam then they have to make stuff up on the fly and it's never as good. I binned it after two episodes. It's just not good enough compared to other stuff vying for my attention.

Not just me then. I stuck through to the end, as I've enjoyed some of the earlier seasons, but it was one of the worst things I've seen for a long time. The tone was as all over the place as the plot. Repeated efforts to shock and meandering side stories with no pay offs.

• Upvote 1

I've always been perplexed by the show's insane, unbalanced tonal shifts. But I think they're just the show's trademark at this point.

A character can shift from egregious sexual assault to comic relief in a single episode. A single scene in some cases.

Yeah his season is just grim. The main arc is just too real and it feels just depressing just watching the series. as inevitably I know where this will go. Thankfully its the penultimate season.

Just watched the end of Season 6

Spoiler

The Tasty stuff was obvious on how that'd go but that swerve with Blanca at the end was horrible and really pissed me off. It's too true to life at the moment. Fucking America, so broken.

1 hour ago, Stigweard said:

Just watched the end of Season 6

Hide contents

The Tasty stuff was obvious on how that'd go but that swerve with Blanca at the end was horrible and really pissed me off. It's too true to life at the moment. Fucking America, so broken.

Wait what actually happened to her?

Was she deported? I think I must have missed something

14 minutes ago, Minion said:

Wait what actually happened to her?

Hide contents

Was she deported? I think I must have missed something

That's what I took from it, that 

Spoiler

she was being sent to a detention centre to either spend the rest of her sentence there or wait deportation. Either way it was a shitty move to make it seem like she was getting out and then do that.

Just now, Stigweard said:

That's what I took from it, that 

Hide contents

she was being sent to a detention centre to either spend the rest of her sentence there or wait deportation. Either way it was a shitty move to make it seem like she was getting out and then do that.

Aww man I totally missed that. Thanks.

I was confused thinking huh why did they not show Blanca but then I just moved onto my next program without thinking of it, seems so obvious now.

To be honest I thought the season as a whole was fairly mixed and weak unfortunately as I do really enjoy this program.

On 29/07/2019 at 18:10, Broker said:

This is so depressing.

Yeah I did warn you guys, its more depressing because how real it feels with everything happening in the US.

Only about half way through but this season has been great so far, this is the last one right? I'm going to miss it, I've binged every series in a weekend after they get released, not many other shows I can think of are so watchable, even with the really dark subject matter in this series.

Yeah it’s the last one. It’s a really brilliant ending, and a great season. Really reminded me why I loved this in the first place.

Up to 11. Damn, the ICE storyline running through the season is so :( And to think the reality probably has even worse happening.

And finished, a really great season to go out on, what a wonderful ensemble cast, the best since The Wire surely. Aside from the previous couple of dodgy seasons it has been a great show and went out really strong, many moments of mirth and sorrow, I look forward to a full re-watch sometime in the future.

• Upvote 1

On 04/08/2019 at 10:27, JohnC said:

Up to 11. Damn, the ICE storyline running through the season is so :( And to think the reality probably has even worse happening.

Yeah that was like too real. Really hurt watching those scenes.