IGNORED

The Great British Bake Off

Nespresso

19 hours ago, Boothjan said:

I think Rahul has suffered with the harsher judging in recent weeks - it seems to have dented his confidence!

The best bit of last night's show was Noel fighting the monkey :lol:

Rahul is getting on my nerves to be honest, I was all for him winning 2 weeks ago but now he's getting so pessimistic. I mean it seems to be a thing with this series where people get upset or doubt themselves before the rounds even over i.e. Kim-joy getting upset over her chocolate mousse was it? And then she finished 2nd. It isn't over until the fat lady sings and all that.

Were they not playing with a couple of tennis rackets outside the tent at one point? I found it really random but it was needed I think, I doubted Noel when he was first announced but he's been fantastic for the show I think!

I'd like Ruby to win anyway and a suggestion I had when I watched it with my wife is for her and Noel to be the hosts of the next one. They seem to have some pretty good on screen chemistry at times that I think could be great, plus it would be good having one of them having a little bit of knowledge about cakes.

It's going to be Ruby or Kim-joy depending on who has a good week but I don't think we will get 3 great show stoppers that's for sure.

1 hour ago, Luseth said:

Rahul is getting on my nerves to be honest, I was all for him winning 2 weeks ago but now he's getting so pessimistic. I mean it seems to be a thing with this series where people get upset or doubt themselves before the rounds even over i.e. Kim-joy getting upset over her chocolate mousse was it? And then she finished 2nd. It isn't over until the fat lady sings and all that.

Were they not playing with a couple of tennis rackets outside the tent at one point? I found it really random but it was needed I think, I doubted Noel when he was first announced but he's been fantastic for the show I think!

I'd like Ruby to win anyway and a suggestion I had when I watched it with my wife is for her and Noel to be the hosts of the next one. They seem to have some pretty good on screen chemistry at times that I think could be great, plus it would be good having one of them having a little bit of knowledge about cakes.

It's going to be Ruby or Kim-joy depending on who has a good week but I don't think we will get 3 great show stoppers that's for sure.

Isn't that just human nature though? Kim-Joy definely comes across as hiding behind her smile and she looked utterly exhausted after this week's technical.

Standards were quite low this time round compared to previous years. Not really sure what any of those show stoppers were, they were all a bit of a mess. Thought they were going to be asked to use a pizza or tandoor oven, the open fire was a bit unfair.

3 hours ago, Jonny5 said:

I thought all 3 tasks were a bit crap for the final, and all three seemed to struggle with everything. Disappointing. 

Echoing my semi-final comments here, but they really should have given them the chance to show off in the final and show what they've learnt over the course of the series, not fuck them over with a daft technical over an open fire. Masterchef Australia has it right - the final's always tough but fair.

On 01/11/2018 at 10:05, Eighthours said:

Echoing my semi-final comments here, but they really should have given them the chance to show off in the final and show what they've learnt over the course of the series, not fuck them over with a daft technical over an open fire. Masterchef Australia has it right - the final's always tough but fair.

Even in the US, land of daft reality TV show challenges, the final of Masterchef is just "Cook your best 3 courses".

• 10 months later...

Very little chatter here in this season. How are people finding it and the contestant. I don't think they are all that at all bar a few.

I presume we all want Steph to win right? And if not, what's wrong with you.

Paul's clearly been told to reign in the hand shakes, hes only given 2 out and he didnt even give Steph one after saying her bomb was one of the best things hes eaten recently.

Steph, David and maybe Alice in the final three, I reckon - and yeah, she should have got a handshake.

The standard hasn't been as high as in previous years, I don't think. I'm mostly annoyed they binned off Helena last week when it should have been Priya, only to get rid of her this week when she appeared to have done better than Henry and Michael. 

Helena and Michelle were annoyingly "don't like you so, yer out!" choices. They claim it's all on that week but it doesn't seem that way in the editing.

I thought Priya or Rosie should have gone at least instead of one of them on how the comments fell and how things looked. 

Sorry I'm clearly still talking about the week before!

Rosie needs to leave - I hate her voice (up there with nails across a blackboard), I hate her smugness.  She's probably the only one who is unlikeable - the rest all seem pretty cool this year.

Disappointed Steff didn't get the handshake she deserved.