Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (Official Server: Moogle)

mercenarri

Ah I'm really enjoying the healing business. Apart from when I accidentally draw all the aggro and panic.

Ooh and I've started the Culinarian crafting stuff. Goddamn it's addictive. Have lots of Orange Juice now though if anyone needs it for the Dye quest.

I can make fishing bait also for those that need it.

I'm finding leveling to be a massive chore at the moment. Really struggling to maintain my interest and I seem to have hit a block around 31. :S

I think you should be getting into Brayflox territory soon/now. I'll heal you through there as that is when the dungeons start to actually have the difficulty level set to anything higher than 'do-able by protoplasma'. This goes up a notch in Sunken Temple of Qarn and stays that way.

You should also have fought/getting ready to fight Titan. I would strongly suggest doing that with people you know as the potential for baddies in a pug will be very high.

It was a bit long winded but I found that once I'd got to Costa, the game became very lush and really seemed to open up; the Titan access quests require a stupid amount of too-ing and fro-ing though.

Does anyone know the answer to my query about getting on Moogle server? Want to install the game tonight and get a new version of my little fella going again if no one has nicked it, but don't want to start using up 30 free days if I can't join anyone here. Ta!

As far as I'm aware SteveH, Moogle is locked for new characters, sorry :(

I did Titan in a pug, and Garuda in a pug. Now that fight is fun if you're with people who have attention deficit problems.

And I routinely queue for 15+ mins as a Scholar. Tanks everywhere are in short supply and the ones from that small pool that are any good, are in even shorter supply.

On Cerberus it seems to be tanks in short supply, I queued for over 15 minutes twice yesterday as a scholar.

I also love how the dps are always the last to confirm, as they've gone afk/fallen asleep.

DPS was like that in WoW too. It's the sheer length of the queues

It's basic supply and demand. Lots of people play DPS (pew pew big numberz!), fewer play healers and fewer still play tanks. So you end up with DPS queuing for yonks as there are so many whereas tanks get almost insta-queues and healers don't wait much longer. Yet another reason I love tanking! With the way the classes work in this, everyone should give tanking and healing a go, just to experience the game from that side.

As far as I'm aware SteveH, Moogle is locked for new characters, sorry :(

I did Titan in a pug, and Garuda in a pug. Now that fight is fun if you're with people who have attention deficit problems.

And I routinely queue for 15+ mins as a Scholar. Tanks everywhere are in short supply and the ones from that small pool that are any good, are in even shorter supply.

Yeah I figured that might be the case sadly :(

Does the 30 day trial start when you install and create a character, or does it only start once you join a server and start playing - anyone know?

Just healed a great group in copperbell. Couple of nice and friendly thaumaturges laying down the fire and the best tank I've partied up with so far. Marked every single mob with a kill order and took hardly any damage at all the entire dungeon. Even better it was a tiny lalafel :)

... everyone should give tanking and healing a go, just to experience the game from that side.

I'm doing the healing thing at the moment but really fancy having a go as a tank. It looks a blast and there does seem to be a lot of skill involved. I'm new to MMOs but even I can really notice the difference between a good / bad tank.

How are people finding scholar. I just feel like in the harder dungeons you cant heal anywhere near as well as a white mage

Really easy so far, but I may have just had good groups. I've not played a White Mage so i've no idea how they compare, mind.

If there was one thing I had to learn fast it was MP management, Scholars can chow through it with over use of the bubble, and not using Aetherflow as often as possible.

Its my first time at playing a healer class too.. However I'm pretty sure I'm going to struggle during instances due to my overwhelming urge to just attack stuff.

Guess we'll find out tonight as Ive finally got to the stage of unlocking the first Dungeon! :unsure: