Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (Official Server: Moogle)

mercenarri

If that is the bard requirement, I assume you just speak to the person you've been getting the Archer missions from and they'll give you the one to get the job soul.

Ah right. I suspect I'll need to finish this level 30 guild quest first

have just started out with this and very much like it.

total n00b question though - how on earth do I unlock levequests?

i'm lv10 - when I speak to the levemete in scorpion song (western thanalan) i'm told to go to adventurer's guild (at the quicksand) - but there's no one there or no way to unlock levequests. have I gone too far into the game now to be able to unlock levequests?

Eurgh, my account has just been suspended due to suspicious activity. What :(

I've just installed the 1-time password app on my phone so I don't get stung from this. I've read a few people saying its IP based suspicious activity - the result of gold sellers trying to brute force steal your account.

Got my bard job unlocked. Then decided I wanted to be a summoner. :) Arcanist at level 18 so far. I did grinding up until 10. Leves until 15 and now I'm running dungeons and doing fates. It's fun. I love having all my alts rolled up in one character.

Shark you're Kel right? I was harassing you in Ul'Dah earlier, I got very excited about seeing a mukker in the street. I got some screenies too that I will post.

I got hooked on crafting today. It's insane. I mean, you don't do much, but it's got that same 'just one more level' crack thing going on that Pokemon did..

i got my airship ticket today. so i've just been watching loads of cutscenes. :omg:

its got darth vader and fucking space ships in it!

just been trying to find my way around limsa limosa, and doing a spot of fishing.

thinking maybe i should just start every single class i come across while i'm there

Just did a run of Copperbell. Good tank and healer. Utterly retarded archer who no matter how many times he was told insisted on pulling every single pack. It wasn't like he couldn't take direction either. I managed to get him under control during the blob fight and the final boss. I guess some people are just special.

This I don't understand. Tanking isn't difficult, really. This game doesn't require players to do anything they wouldn't do in other mmos. I mean tanking on gladiator essentially boils down to doing fast attack, savage attack and once you get it, rage of halone. Throw out the occasional flash for good measure and you're golden. It really is that simple. The greatest challenge most of the time is figuring out which way mobs are facing in all the aoe and player skills going off.

It really is that simple until the dps attack out of kill order so you don't have time to build your threat or pull extra mobs that weren't involved in the fight. It's still fairly simple, but at the early levels I found using a wrong ability could cause you to lose a mob if you weren't paying attention.

Speaking of screenshots, is anyone else annoyed by the fact that despite selecting the optimum quality of them, they still come out compressed as shit, hazy and generally looking like arse? I love the graphics in this game. They're clean and crisp but look awful in screenies.

You could add the game to Steam, and then take screenshots using that instead of the built in screenshot taker. Plus it means you can take screenshots when the game doesn't normally let you too.