Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (Official Server: Moogle)

mercenarri

Another bad pug group just now for me. Not as bad as the first lot, but a tank that started the fight in his dps FATE gear (never a good sign) and a Dragoon that straight away insisted that we didn't touch any of the rooms as he wanted to hit the bosses and bosses only as he always ran out of time. And then totally ignored his own instructions on the first boss to stay behind it as he wanted to put out big damage. Wiped three times on that (I've never wiped on that boss before, even in the first terribad pug group) and we then proceeded to wipe and wipe and wipe throughout the dungeon. Got to the last boss with 30 mins to go, and he kept walking over the frost patches to hit the dragons sides :facepalm:

He also said you can't LB the last dragon as it is too high but back me up here Tuts, we've LB'd it before, right?

Pugs are shit. I had a horrible time in one last night at brayflox. Id recommend playing solo and only running with pals. My experience was so bad im not gonna be a healer anymore!

On the other hand I just got a PUG for Stone Vigil and we breezed through to the final boss. Where we all died apart from the tank who managed to get the win at the same time as he got killed.

Another bad pug group just now for me. Not as bad as the first lot, but a tank that started the fight in his dps FATE gear (never a good sign) and a Dragoon that straight away insisted that we didn't touch any of the rooms as he wanted to hit the bosses and bosses only as he always ran out of time. And then totally ignored his own instructions on the first boss to stay behind it as he wanted to put out big damage. Wiped three times on that (I've never wiped on that boss before, even in the first terribad pug group) and we then proceeded to wipe and wipe and wipe throughout the dungeon. Got to the last boss with 30 mins to go, and he kept walking over the frost patches to hit the dragons sides :facepalm:

He also said you can't LB the last dragon as it is too high but back me up here Tuts, we've LB'd it before, right?

I dunno! I never LB on my BRD as it's a total waste, unless our healer is dead and it's just me and the tank and the boss is almost down! (Like in the Ifrit fight!)

I'm up for a run after 7pm?

One problem is the ps3 crowd don't have keyboards so cannot respond...

They should just use a USB or wireless keyboard. If PS3 users are playing it without then it just means they are an idiot who happens to be using a PS3!

Just a few posts above there's someone who said he won't be using a keyboard on the PC version.

They should just use a USB or wireless keyboard. If PS3 users are playing it without then it just means they are an idiot who happens to be using a PS3!

Just a few posts above there's someone who said he won't be using a keyboard on the PC version.

Exactly. I'm on PS3 and am using a USB keyboard. I think, sometimes, people wish I didnt though :-p

When playing with Spork et al the other night I was sticking to his numbered targets and waiting until he'd begun his attacks. There was no complaints from anyone so I assume I did okay.

I was the THM in that group. You did fine.

I think I'm going to delve into the macro system soon. A Sleep macro that also marks the target will be my first.

Pick Up Group. In more common vernacular, mostly a bunch of useless arseholes.

And yes Tuts, I'll be up for that after the kids have been banished to the Nether Realm for the night.

Okies, just going to have some dinner, will pop on around 7.40ish as that's usually nearly your time! :D

Sounds a lot like my day, 3 DF groups 2 awful awful tanks of the mouthy blame everyone else for their own shortcomings variety. Sunken temple 1 kept raging at me for not sleeping the bees (they can't be slept). A Warrior later on who did a shit job of controlling hate complained i took to much damage and he could easly take 5 or 6 of the hits i could barely take one of, this one would also aoe everything i'd slept and fail to keep them on him self so there would be mobs all over the place, this was the first time i've just said fuck it and left a dungeon.

The game is only 2 weeks old and already every other tank you get on DF is a fucking useless diva

This I don't understand. Tanking isn't difficult, really. This game doesn't require players to do anything they wouldn't do in other mmos. I mean tanking on gladiator essentially boils down to doing fast attack, savage attack and once you get it, rage of halone. Throw out the occasional flash for good measure and you're golden. It really is that simple. The greatest challenge most of the time is figuring out which way mobs are facing in all the aoe and player skills going off.

Top-cat, Tuts and myself had a great run through Haukke Manor earlier, despite a slightly impatient pug dps. There was one part where we kept picking up adds and I ended up tanking about 7 or 8 mobs but with careful cooldown usage and some cracking healing from TC we walked away with nary a scratch. Moments like that are why I love dungeons - when everyone is playing well and skill comes out and stuff just happens.

Speaking of screenshots, is anyone else annoyed by the fact that despite selecting the optimum quality of them, they still come out compressed as shit, hazy and generally looking like arse? I love the graphics in this game. They're clean and crisp but look awful in screenies.