Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (Official Server: Moogle)

mercenarri

Had a blast doing Sastasha last night. Plus our party of 3 Lalafells and a Mi'qote looked amazing!

Had a bit of trouble targeting mobs at one point, meaning one of our party died (sorry!). After that just concentrated on making with the healing.

Kinda wanted to instantly do the dungeon again.

Congrats! I felt the same way having finished Sastasha. With XI being my only prevous long-term MMO, instanced dungeons are a nice novelty at the moment.

Maybe once some of us who are lower level have finished the three early story dungeons we could get a group together to do a few more dungeon runs for drops.

Congrats! I felt the same way having finished Sastasha. With XI being my only prevous long-term MMO, instanced dungeons are a mice novelty at the moment.

Maybe once some of us who are lower level have finished the three early story dungeons we could get a group together to do a few more dungeon runs for drops.

Yeah! I'm definitely up for this. Bloody Bert got 3 (THREE!) drops last night! I've done 4 dungeons now and got one thing.

Yeah! I'm definitely up for this. Bloody Bert got 3 (THREE!) drops last night! I've done 4 dungeons now and got one thing.

Ha, very nice! Clem got two or three last time out but I've not had any yet. Hopefully we can get Copperbell done this evening for story progression but happy to do any of them for those that need them or for drop purposes.

Sunken Temple is a great dungeon. I've only done the next two after that but as good as Cutter's Cry and Stone Vigil are, I don't think either of them has as interesting boss mechanics as Sunken Temple.

Heh as soon as I saw the first boss I was like fucking doom, as its the exact same mob type as the fuckers in XI. It didn't dissapoint. :lol:

I'm up for farming the low level dungeons for anyone who is up for it. Only got the first one unlocked so far mind...

How is the Moogle server and your FC holding up? How many people you guys got in now? Odin server seems to be running fine with no issues "yet"

Not a single connection issue for me since the maintenance. However, there still remains the problem of Moogle being incredibly popular and as such, no bugger can create a character there.

I still haven't been in a group who haven't endlessly wiped on the first St boss :(

That's because you haven't been with me! BAM!

Happy to do whatever tonight with whomever. Have my higher level bard and a level 20ish healer. She can do up to and including Copperbell.

And if nobody needs me then I shall just potter round trying to get my PUG to 30 so I can unlock ze Monk! :)

Congrats! I felt the same way having finished Sastasha. With XI being my only prevous long-term MMO, instanced dungeons are a nice novelty at the moment.

I've had to spend the week away from this but will be needing to do my first story dungeon run over the weekend if anyone's available to help.

Be warned I'm an inexperienced Conjurer who has an occasional tendency to forget to heal people! ;)

Gone of my brothers char as he is 50, this is what he has.

Sastasha Seagrot - level 15

Tam-Tara Deepcroft - Level 16

Copperbell Mines - Level 17

Halatali - Level 20

Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak - Level 24

Haukke Manor - Level 28

Brayflox's Longstop - Level 32

The Sunken Temple of Qarn - Level 35

Cutter's Cry - Level 38

The Stone Vigil - Level 41

Dzemael Darkhold - Level 44

The Aurum Vale - Level 47

The Wanderer's Palace - Level 50

Amdapor KeepAmdapor Keep - Level 50

Castrum Meridianum - Level 50

The Praetorium - Level 50

I've got a couple of questions about this. First off, how does the PS3 version hold up? I still can't find the PC one anywhere, whereas the PS3 one is everywhere. Second, how are the server issues? As long as they're not as bad as Diablo III was at launch then I should be fine.

Indeed it does - cheers for that. I was more concerned about the controls above all else though. My thinking was I could get the PS3 one to play over the weekend and then upgrade when the PC version is available again, assuming it didn't play like an absolute dog.

Wow. That PS3 vid looks so washed out. For a moment, I thought they'd filmed it off the TV screen.

As for controls, the game is sublime with a pad. Not everyone can settle into it but as a PC player myself, I still stick to playing with an Xbox pad. Even in dungeons. It makes the game feel incredibly fresh over the same old M&K MMO routine.

I play pad for soloing but found the one dungeon I did a bit hectic for padding, but maybe if I spent some time learning the targeting better it would work (I was healing but only have one button to do that so it is a bit dull, and I could have been laying down some dots but did not want to risk being unable to target the tank quickly if he started taking damage.)

Perhaps try using up/down on the d-pad for that. It cycles through party members in the order that they appear in the party list.

I found it pretty easy as a THM managing multiple mobs using the various different targeting techniques in the game. Spelling specific mobs mid-battle etc.