rllmuk

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (Official Server: Moogle)

Right, so I've downloaded this and the patch and now can't log-in.

I've changed my password twice as I thought I'd gone crazy, but it seems I can log-on to my account on my PC jut not on my PS4.

Any tips before I contact Customer Services?

Edit: Also tried linking my PSN account to the Squenix one using a PC, but it doesn't like that either.

I've changed my password twice as I thought I'd gone crazy, but it seems I can log-on to my account on my PC jut not on my PS4.

Any tips before I contact Customer Services?

Edit: Also tried linking my PSN account to the Squenix one using a PC, but it doesn't like that either.

I had a problem but unfortunately it wouldn't help, and I felt there customer service was shit (email that is.)

My first attempt to log-on the PS4 I had to change my password due to "irregular activity", so I done so. The next time I try to login I kept using the wrong password and I forgot the new one, so "I lost my password" stuff, so it pops up asking for my email, date-of-birth, secret question and new password. So I got them all write (including the secret question which I always shite myself with) - except my date-of-birth! It said it was wrong. My brother suggesting swapping the month and day in case it was an American DOB. Nope, it didn't work. I eventually remembered my password and so I was able to log into my account on both PC and PS4, so I decided to have a look at what I set my DOB as (apparently this cannot be changed once you register) - and it was my correct DOB! :\

Have you actually bought the PS4 version or just downloaded the client?

If you want to play on the PS4 then you need a PS4 copy. You can't just log in using your details from the PC version.

Have you actually bought the PS4 version or just downloaded the client?

If you want to play on the PS4 then you need a PS4 copy. You can't just log in using your details from the PC version.

Yes I have a PS4 copy. I'm not logging into the game on a PC, just my Square Enix account on their website.

The lack of a keyboard for many players, is quite frustrating. I actually thought the game would become more alive when we joined servers with the PC-players, but this must be one of the most quiet MMORPGs I have ever played.

The lack of communication is even worse in the instances, I did the second instance earlier and we had literally the worst tank EU doing the "tanking". And since no one ever communicates no one listen when one actually does. I also noticed that I, after way too many hours spent in MMORPGs, don't have any patience left to explain the fundamentals, like don't let your healer die, to clueless people. At least there is no punishment for leaving a group, as far as I have noticed.

The lack of a keyboard for many players, is quite frustrating. I actually thought the game would become more alive when we joined servers with the PC-players, but this must be one of the most quiet MMORPGs I have ever played.

The lack of communication is even worse in the instances, I did the second instance earlier and we had literally the worst tank EU doing the "tanking". And since no one ever communicates no one listen when one actually does. I also noticed that I, after way too many hours spent in MMORPGs, don't have any patience left to explain the fundamentals, like don't let your healer die, to clueless people. At least there is no punishment for leaving a group, as far as I have noticed.

Doesn't that make you a part of the problem?

In my own experience, with this being my first MMO, the first few days after its PC and PS3 release, the chat windows were pretty busy, but there was alot of English speakers havng a go at French and Italian players for not speaking English. That seemed to have killed any open communication and people now tend to keep to party or link shell chat.

As for people being bad at their roles, the only bad experience I've had was a guy who was acting as Healer who kept running ahead and drawing aggro from mobs, we were all using the chat window to try to tell them what they were doing wrong but either they didn't understand or weren't paying attention, in the end they quit out at the end of instance boss leaving us without a healer, we managed to get through some how.

Other than that I've found the randoms I've played with to be fairly courteous. I did Hakke Manor the other night, being a Lancer I was DPS, but was using my own experience to help the tank a little by drawing individual units away whenever he needed healing. I did right at the end of the boss fight when trying to deactivate a switch and a Bomb got me, I apologised once it was all over and the entire party was okay with it and said not to worry.

I think with this being on consoles as well as PC, plus its branding, there are alot of new MMO players, the problem is that many people are afraid to speak up and ask questions through fear of others not wanting to play with them, and attitudes like your own don't really do alot to help with that.

• Upvote 5

I did the second instance earlier and we had literally the worst tank EU doing the "tanking". And since no one ever communicates no one listen when one actually does. I also noticed that I, after way too many hours spent in MMORPGs, don't have any patience left to explain the fundamentals, like don't let your healer die, to clueless people. At least there is no punishment for leaving a group, as far as I have noticed.

As a Marauder who played the PS3 version and now plays the PS4 one I can tell you that tanking on a pad isn't easy. Yes, we need to draw all the aggro but targeting multiple mobs is tricky. It's not as simple as flicking between 3 mobs as trying to keep all 3 occupied is seemingly random at best. Often locking me onto the same 2 for example but not the other one for some reason.

To be honest I don't even look at the chat window anymore for 'worst tank evAR' or whatever enlightenment my fellow players care to share. My characters name is Spanish anyway so I'd guess most people think I don't speak English. I'm not put off by any of this but I can see why a new player would soon abandon the game.

Yeah, I'm with Wev on this one, a little bit of communication and help goes a very long way in this and often an apparently terrible player is just a new player who hasn't had things explained to them properly.

I'm not new to MMOs - I've played a fair bit of FFXI and a bit of WoW - and I've played tanks in both of those, but those first couple of dungeons were an overwhelming experience in FFXIV all the same. Just keeping track of what the hell's happening is hard enough, let alone trying to work out where to go, how to pull, how to manage aggro and how to rescue things if it all goes pear-shaped. I fumbled through both Sastasha and Tam-Tara Deepcroft without really having much of a clue how to work in a party and it was only due to the kind and patient assistance of an experienced healer in Copperbell Mines that I really started to get to grips with the role. I don't think I'm a terrible player but having loads of people berating me in the chat log in my first dungeon wouldn't have helped because honestly first time through the chat log is just one of a dozen things you're trying to watch and work out and very few people want to wait for the newbie to catch up as they race through for the tenth or twelth time.

Since then I've done each of the first three dungeons a second time and I've learned more each time through. If the game did a better job of explaining key things like the enmity board, or led you through a pseudo-dungeon with NPCs and help assistance before your first real run with randoms, then it might be a different story, but if you're playing Sastasha and your tank is struggling then take pity on him a bit, he's probably trying his hardest and you could help turn things around with a little bit of patience and understanding.

• Upvote 3

Ok, I quite fancy getting this for PS4. The standard edition seems to vary between £25-30 but there is apparently a free upgrade option from the PS3 version until the end of the year:

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/ps4/ps3_users/

The PS3 version is only £7.50 at Amazon, £8 at GAME. Am I missing something obvious or can I really therefore in effect get the PS4 version for less than £10?

Ok, I quite fancy getting this for PS4. The standard edition seems to vary between £25-30 but there is apparently a free upgrade option from the PS3 version until the end of the year:

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/ps4/ps3_users/

The PS3 version is only £7.50 at Amazon, £8 at GAME. Am I missing something obvious or can I really therefore in effect get the PS4 version for less than £10?

The only thing you're missing is that you need to install, register and log in to the PS3 version at least once before effecting the upgrade. So you need access to a PS3 and a PS4 to make this happen. Assuming you have both consoles still, yes that's the cheapest way of getting up and running.

Well it wasn't. I picked the PS3 version up for £7.99 in Game this afternoon, installed and created my account, then requested the upgrade, was given a download code, and it is downloading to my PS4 right now. Bargain.

I'll be on when I've finished patching, and can give linkshell invites (unless Laine took the power away!).

Work really picked up last time I subbed, so wasn't able to get on, but it has quietened down now! I'll put another message on here when I get on :)

You still have the power! I might not be on tonight. I have a linkshell, not a free company. If we get big enough we could start one, I just barged into one some of my old XI pals and Mayonn Egg are in.

Yeah, Moogle was full for me on Thursday night, but was accepting characters yesterday morning, so keep trying.

Really like this so far, looks great and (bar targeting ) the controls on the pad are spot on.

Looking forward to exploring further afield from gridaniia woods to see more of the world.

Moogle seems to be full. How would I go about getting on? Is there a way to get an invite or something along those lines?

I tried all day yesterday with no luck, but it's open now. Possibly not for long though.

I don't want to be an arsehole and leave my free company since the guys have helped me through the game but would it be okay for a linkshell invite.

EDIT:

Can someone answer me this, why is spiritbonding bad? I've been running through Brayflox hard mode non-stop trying to get tomestones of mythology. While doing it, I've been grabbing gear while there since it's better than my gear. So eventually my "Darklight Band of Maiming" spiritbond completes at the beginning of Brayflox dungeon and the party wanted to kick me for "SBing" (I had to Google it.)

Why is this bad?