The Fox

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice

2 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Limitations of the media I'm afraid. You need the extra space of Blu-Ray to hold that much shite.

Cheers.  I tend to buy DVDs for films I'm not precious about and ripping the DVD is more convenient.  I'm never that fussed about quality.

The movie has so many great concepts and ideas. It's a shame it wasn't pulled off correctly.

This bit here is fantastic, and obviously were Snyder excels. Bonus points for getting NDT in the film as well!

I'm still excited for JL and Wonder Woman. I have faith they will fix it!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 09/08/2016 at 21:07, Lorfarius said:

I finally managed to watch the Ultimate cut today and.... it improves it for sure. Whole thing certainly flows a lot better than the cinema release and it's very odd they didn't just put this out instead. Bits where he just flies off after the hearing was appaling in the theatrical version but it's nowhere near as nutty as in what was supposed to happen. He does go about saving people.

Yeah, then gets miserable and fucks off without even doing something like putting the fire out. It's just all not very super.

• Upvote 1

Just caught up with this at the weekend. Missed it in the cinema, watched the three-hour Blu-Ray version.

I didn't hate it as much as everyone else did - I sort of enjoyed it while simultaneously recognising that it was largely not very good.

Affleck was good. Very much looking forward to more of him.

Most of my issues with it have been extensively covered upthread but there is one thing that I didn't understand. Spoilered just in case anyone who might care has yet to see it:

Spoiler

Why was Wally so cross with Bruce Wayne?

I can understand him being angry with Superman, for causing all the carnage that caused the beam to fall on his legs.

But as far as I can tell, all Bruce Wayne did was:

- Own the building that fell on him;

- Arrive first at the scene;

- Try to reassure him (asking him his name, trying to keep him talking until more help arrived, etc);

- Use his tractor-tyre-dragging bat-strength to help free him from the rubble;

- Arrange for him to get regular compensation cheques.

What did I miss?

32 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

Just caught up with this at the weekend. Missed it in the cinema, watched the three-hour Blu-Ray version.

I didn't hate it as much as everyone else did - I sort of enjoyed it while simultaneously recognising that it was largely not very good.

Affleck was good. Very much looking forward to more of him.

Most of my issues with it have been extensively covered upthread but there is one thing that I didn't understand. Spoilered just in case anyone who might care has yet to see it:

Hide contents

Why was Wally so cross with Bruce Wayne?

I can understand him being angry with Superman, for causing all the carnage that caused the beam to fall on his legs.

But as far as I can tell, all Bruce Wayne did was:

- Own the building that fell on him;

- Arrive first at the scene;

- Try to reassure him (asking him his name, trying to keep him talking until more help arrived, etc);

- Use his tractor-tyre-dragging bat-strength to help free him from the rubble;

- Arrange for him to get regular compensation cheques.

What did I miss?

Spoiler

Luthor scrawled the messages on the cheques to push Wayne over the edge. I think Wally is actually OK with Wayne - as shown when he (bizarrely) starts shouting 'I work for Bruce Wayne!' when he gets arrested.

I can understand missing this though, it's explained in 2 words in a throwaway moment at the climax by Luthor at the exact point you your brain has entirely decided you can't stand Eisenberg for another second.

It's a messy part of a messy movie though so I might be wrong myself

• Upvote 2

Better than what I had, anyway. If I rewatch it I'll keep that in mind and see if it fits.

Also was I imagining it or:

Spoiler

Did Batman get shot in the head, more than once, at point-blank range? And not even while wearing the power armour, just his normal uniform?

I get that the whole thing about Batman is that he has the best technology money can buy. And I know this isn't Nolan's Batman, whose armour we are specifically told will protect him from ricochets but not from a straight shot. But it still just didn't ring true for me.

(I know, I know. A movie about flying superhuman aliens and immortal Greek goddesses, and THAT'S the part that breaks my suspension of disbelief.)

You aren't wrong

Spoiler

He at least once is shot in the head at point blank range, in the warehouse fight. Which just seems to piss him off.

It is foreshadowed earlier that he had been improving the armour, Alfred's opening scene has him reference the additional armour in the head is causing other issues with the performance of the suit. But it's still daft, especially as later on in the  Knightmare scene we see that the mask is literally like rubber.

They should just give up on the DCEU. Own up that it's gone horribly so far, quit it, have a wee think about things and then re-start it in a decent fashion.

I mean, Marvel are literally showing them how it's done. Can't they just follow suit?

Apologies if the previous 89 pages have been heaping praise, but... I watched this the other night. I can't quite figure how you can make a film that has Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman in it; and have it be quite so shockingly shit as this was. I spent the whole 2 hours or so thinking (Willing) that it must get better in a bit, it must form into some coherent plot that all comes together perfectly. It just has too.

Then there was something about a spear, a nuclear space fight, RUSSIANS! and Morpheus. It was one Nanomachine away from being a Kojima Production.

Gal Gadot though, eh? *wiggle eyebrows smiley*

1 hour ago, mansizerooster said:

They should just give up on the DCEU. Own up that it's gone horribly so far, quit it, have a wee think about things and then re-start it in a decent fashion.

I mean, Marvel are literally showing them how it's done. Can't they just follow suit?

But everytime no matter how shit these films are they make a gazillion dollars. They won't give up on that without a fight.

11 hours ago, Charliemouse said:

They really should just give up on the Flash movie , the casting is terrible and that metal costume is just horrendous and doesn't make any sense why the character would be wearing it.

The costume does look shit. Batman, superman and (I'd never thought I'd be saying this) aquaman all look quality. The flash... well...

'A friction proof suit'. 

That's what they say in the comics.

So material and basic kevlar. That's it. He doesn't need to look like metal gear.