The Fox

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice

Looks like the former:

Warner Bros. has already registered the domain names SupermanVsBatman.com, BatmanVsSuperman.com, and BatmanVsSupermanMovie.com. But notably, Warners didn't register SupermanVsBatmanMovie.com, so it sounds as though Batman's name goes first on the marquee. Also, Warner Bros. didn’t register BatmanAndSuperman.com or SupermanAndBatman.com.

That's stupid, how is it a man of steel sequel if batman is the lead name?

Also, Brad from How I Met Your Mother would make an awful Batman. The reason Bale was the best so far is that he looked genuinely unhinged when playing Bruce.

He's a good actor but a terrible choice for Batman. Maybe ill be wrong like I was about Ledger's Joker, but I doubt Snyder is going to pull anything out like Nolan did.

Edit: are we going to get grumpy Affleck? Or is this the adventures of miserable superman and happy batman?

Ah waant yaa ta remembaa, Claaark…in aw da yeers ta come…in yaa most privaate moments…I waant yaa ta remembaa…ma haaand…at yaa throat…I waant…yaa ta remembaa…the one maan who beat yaa.

Joking aside, I can see Affleck working as Batman and think this all but guarantees he'll be tapped to direct the 'Justice League' movie. There's no way Affleck has commited to MoS without JL being discussed and agreed on in advance.

Gotta laugh at some of the reactions on Twitter to this casting, ranging from solid whines that he's acting, not directing to full on wailing and BOYCOTTING THIS MOVIE!! I did agree with one guy though that Affleck will be an easy sell as Batman but harder to take serious as Bruce Wayne unless Wayne is a full on coke & poker addict in Synder's Gotham. Actually, it IS Synder, so that may not be so fanciful...

I love Affleck, heck Chasing Amy and Jersey Girl are two of my favorite films, but I am not sure playing Batman is the right move for him career wise. He has built up a good reputation recently by directing some decent films, I am not sure going back to the comic book world with his idiotic fan boys is going to do him any favors.

Given the right script and the right direction, Affleck could actually be a awesome Batman, though I doubt we will get either of these things with this film.

• Upvote 1

He's a good actor but a terrible choice for Batman. Maybe ill be wrong like I was about Ledger's Joker, but I doubt Snyder is going to pull anything out like Nolan did.

Edit: are we going to get grumpy Affleck? Or is this the adventures of miserable superman and happy batman?

That would be great! I suspect it'll be prep-time Batman, which is fair enough and would be something different on screen at least.

Yeah I guess we're yet to see a real detective version of the character on the big screen. He's a brilliant actor but I'm just not sure after MoS that Snyder has any idea what he's doing.

Hopefully he might be able to help Snyder with his directing. Not sure how I feel about this, mainly because I just can't really see Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman. It's nothing to do with his acting ability I just find it hard to picture it really.

People had similar misgivings about Michael Keaton, didn't they?

That was exactly my first thought. Affleck doesn't scream Batman when you look at him for the role, but then neither does Keaton (if you didn't know any better). I think that Bale has been the most suited to the role so far though, but that's just my personal opinion, it's going to take a lot to better his performance for me.

I don't really get the general hate for Affleck, he's a great actor and has been part of some amazing films, he's also done some shit - but then who hasn't really.

I didn't really enjoy MoS as much as I was hoping I would, so I'm just going to hold off making any sweeping judgements on this until I've seen how it turned out.

And yes, Daredevil was shit because of the script and the direction, the cast are all great actors that unfortunately just ended up working on a stinker of a film.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

i am getting bigger and bigger batman and robin vibes from this whole project every-time they make an announcement.

i may have been alone, but all i wanted was a more developed superman 2 story that explored the character and the nature of his powers a bit more.

not this everything and the kitchen sink, hyped to fuck, turned up to eleven - more explosions bullshit that Zac will invariably bring to the party.

i predict a massive misstep for everyone involved.

and that makes me :( - just look at my avatar.

I have always liked Affleck as an actor, even back when the 'cool' thing to do was hate him. He's always watchable in whatever he's in, even if the film itself isn't watchable. He's a good actor, has great charisma and I reckon he'll be great at playing up the playboy side of Bruce Wayne.

• Upvote 3

I've yet to see MoS but as I understand it Supes causes billions of dollars of collateral damage when fighting the other Kryptonians and maybe also the deaths of thousands of people too, yes?

Hopefully, that is the reason that Batfleck has decided to go toe to toe with him, that he's a bigger threat to humanity than anything else.

Although that's Luthor's motivation, not Batman's, so will we see a potential Luthor/Batman alliance at the start before the eventual team up between Batfleck and Supes to take him down?

I'm struggling to think though how Batfleck will be able to fight against Synder's Superman, when he's been shown as a world-wrecker. At least in the comics Supes is constantly shown as holding himself back, even against villains because of his code. Synder's Supes has a very flexible code so it's hard to see how he'll just not torpedo himself into the Batfleck cave and turn him into a red mist.

People had similar misgivings about Michael Keaton, didn't they?

Did they? I remember thinking Keaton had a kind of edginess that might work.