IGNORED

Dota 2 Reborn. Source 2 is here!

Moz

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have to say that this major has been one of the best tournaments in a long time. It has had everything, big plays, big upsets, huge number of different picks and strategies and really close tense matches all the way through. I feel for VP a little bit but I don't blame them for bottling it a little bit at the end. Still, a great series to finish the tournament.

TI7 Battlepass is out

http://www.dota2.com/international/battlepass

NEW

RANK DOUBLE DOWN

Battle Pass owners now have the opportunity to double down on the MMR they're willing to put on the line. At the start of a Ranked match once per week—with more chances available at higher Battle Levels—you'll have the option to double your potential MMR loss or gain. Win the game, score twice the points. Lose, and you'll fall ever further down the ladder.

:lol: no. 

• 3 months later...

Congrats to liquid, what an incredible last day performance. Their drafting, team play and patience was absolutely spot on.

Before the tournament started I was between Newbee and Liquid for the win but went with Newbee as I thought Liquid would choke, I guess I got it the wrong way round. Newbee really didn't perform well at any point in the final.

Some absolutely brilliant games this TI. In terms of pure balance and viability of different play styles, Dota 2 is in the best place it has ever been. About 105 heroes picked and only 4 not picked or banned is incredible.

I just finished catching up, I was sure Liquid was going to throw game 3 against LFY. I agree about the state of the game at the moment, it's fantastic seeing all the different heroes being used.

Just think, unless they blow the money every member of Liquid is set for life financially, that must be an incredibly freeing situation to be in

I just finished catching up, I was sure Liquid was going to throw game 3 against LFY. I agree about the state of the game at the moment, it's fantastic seeing all the different heroes being used.

Just think, unless they blow the money every member of Liquid is set for life financially, that must be an incredibly freeing situation to be in
The words from Matumbaman after the match were spot on. He said it felt empty, everything they had been working for was in the games, he felt good there, now he felt empty. Those are the words of a champion. He'll probably wake up today or tomorrow or some day soon and realise that he is a multi-millionaire.

• 9 months later...

Even though I haven't played Dota for a couple of years, I'm tempted to splash out on the new Battle Pass for the sake of some shiny trinkets. Anybody still following the scene. What's best to know before the International starts?

Even though I haven't played Dota for a couple of years, I'm tempted to splash out on the new Battle Pass for the sake of some shiny trinkets. Anybody still following the scene. What's best to know before the International starts?

51 minutes ago, Zael said:

I'm still playing. Going to Birmingham next weekend for the major. How do you mean best to know?

We should have a mini-rllmuk meet up. I'll be there. Probably a little late on the Friday and then Saturday and Sunday. I haven't managed to find anyone to go with so am going alone.

I have played online about twice in the last year but still watch a lot and follow all the majors and minors.

12 minutes ago, James Lyon said:

Who are the MVP characters these days? Which teams to keep an eye on?

Virtue Pro are probably the standout team atm with Liquid a little bit behind. Mineski are the team to look out for with iceiceice and Mushi. In terms of players it's the usual names, Ramzes, matumbaman, MidOne. 

2 hours ago, James Lyon said:

I've been out the game a while. I haven't heard of any of those names!

It all changes so quickly. You'll know puppey (secret) and kuroky (team liquid), they are both in top flight teams. Most of VP are relatively new. You'll probably remember Solo due to his 322 fame. Big daddy no tail (OG) fear and arteezy (EG)are still around but slightly off the top teams. Iceiceice (Mineski) is another veteran at a top 6 team. Europe has mostly gone to shit. Alliance are a joke and most of their original players have moved on. Bulldog and Singsing are now streamers and given up professional Dota. Dendi is still at NaVi but they are shit too. Eternal Envy is still doing ok at Fanatic.

The SEA region has really caught up a lot with Mineski, TNC and Fanatic all being genuine top 10 contenders.

Edit: Forgot S4 is still playing (OG)

In terms of players that are relatively more recent, Jerax and Miracle are both amazing. Universe and Zai have fallen off a bit most likely due to the changes to off lane.

Edit2: And of course the mighty Synderyn is still playing at tier 3 teams but seemingly still managing to make it to TI most years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...