rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
MW_Jimmy

Annie!

Looked for an Annie topic and couldn't see one. Surprised. Anyway, she's had a bit of a comeback this year after a break of 5 years since Don't Stop and 10 years since Anniemal

Tube Stops & Lonely Hearts (Annie/Xenomania/Ville Haimala)

Released in May this is Annie's tribute to rave culture of the 90's. Suitably cheap video of kaleidoscope effects and fitness freaks.

Take A Look At The World (Annie/Ralph Myerz/Royksopp)

Released about a month ago, this is a track on Ralph Myerz new album that sounds more typically Annie. Lots of nice rhyming cuplets and that yeah that is left hanging is great.

A&R EP

Out in August this will be brilliant no doubt. Collaboration between Annie and Richard X and the cover art is amazing:

AnnieAR.jpg

Yes it's getting a vinyl release. :D

Tracks are avaliable for streaming and it sound great. Very much like the tropico/balearic feel of the second track.

Back Together (Annie/Richard X/Little Boots)

Hold On (Annie/Richard X/Hannah Robinson)

Ralph Macchio (Annie/Richard X)

Invisible (Annie/Richard X)

Mixed Emotions (Annie/Richard X)

Annie's back!

I knew you would like that Mr Do. It's really late 80's in design - gets me nostalgic for 'Top of the Pops'

The problem with Annie is that she never made a tune as good as that one on Singstar. And for some bizarre reason, the version on Singstar was better than the actual release.

I can't remember what it's called, but you all know it :quote:

• Upvote 1

Yes, Heartbeat! :wub:

Actually the first track in the thread is really good too.

The chewing gum track is fab.

RE ep cover art I'm feeling Krush - Under House Arrest, Age of Chance - Don't Get Mad Get Even with a bit of Chicago house which all had similar sleeves. Made me smile.

Latest track from the EP (just two tracks left to hear now):

Invisible

Very 90's rave again, but more acid-like, triggered handclaps, beat in the bathtub sort-of-feel. Reminds me a lot of Shari Vari. Featuring "Mannie!"

• Upvote 1

Ralph Macchio

Definitely not my favourite, too bubblegum, but still solid.

Annie on twitter:

Hey @ralphmacchio.I made a song about you,because your the best! have a lovely weekend.kisses from Berlin

One more track to go! Out digitally on the 29th July, and on Vinyl Picture Disc in August looking a bit like this:

794017717.jpg?1374830588

• Upvote 1

Enjoyed Ralph Macchio and actually enjoyed Tube Stops And Lonely Hearts after being a little disappointed with it when it was first out.

This thread has made me go back to Don't Stop, which I was fairly cold on when it came out. There's some silly stuff but it's much better than I gave it credit for. Leaving off I Know UR Girlfriend Hates Me was still really dumb though!

Final song available and unfortunately...

Mixed Emotions

... it's absolutely incredible. Like a pop classic from a bygone era. Well, this has been great EP - I don't think we'll see a better pop release all year.

• Upvote 1

Final song available and unfortunately...

Mixed Emotions

... it's absolutely incredible. Like a pop classic from a bygone era. Well, this has been great EP - I don't think we'll see a better pop release all year.

Oh my. Incredible stuff.

Larsen, IKUGHM was on some extended version of Don't Stop that had a couple of other excellent tracks not on the regular album.

:lol:

And yeah, it's getting released on Pleasure Masters - no release date yet and it looks like its going to be on picture vinyl and CD.

• Upvote 1

The chewing gum track is fab.

RE ep cover art I'm feeling Krush - Under House Arrest, Age of Chance - Don't Get Mad Get Even with a bit of Chicago house which all had similar sleeves. Made me smile.

I saw AOC straight away as well. Must both be gents of a certain age.

Richard X just tweeted:

ANNIE's Endless Vacation coming 16th Oct on Pleasure Masters, 4 new songs, digital + limited CD , news sooooon "From Bergen To Bucharest"

• Upvote 1

Bet we get a slow release of every track again! And so, Cara Mia which sounds very much like it picks up with the same sound as the last EP:

Cara Mia (Annie/Richard X/Stefan Storm)

Cover art for the digital release - don't really think the vinyl release will have quite the same cover:

ITEM4D-ENDLESS-VACATION-ARTWORK-FINAL-sm

New track today is Dadaday - it is very very europop. Is it cheesy? Yes. Richard X says "I was able to live out a long time fantasy of pretending to be a proper Eurodance producer.”

• Upvote 1