rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
sixbuttons

RLLMUK Forza Motorsport 4 Twingo Supercup! - Saturday 10th August 8pm

Oh hello. Let's play Forza Motorthing. Because we haven't played it for a while and we should.

The RLLMUK Twingo Supercup is a one night, 6 race event featuring the world's most underrated sports car, the 2009 Renault Twingo Sport Cup, quick upgraded to a sporty B500, with 214HP and some other bits that make it go faster. These fiesty little cars make for excellent racing on short circuits as they are sharp to handle, and small enough to do battle without consequence on narrow roads.

The event will take place on Saturday 10th August, starts at 8pm, will probably be about 2 hours overall, and won't require any car customization (unless you want to decal your car). All you'll need is a Twingo quick upgraded to B500 with a stock setup.

Structure and Rules inside!

Championship Structure:

The championship is a single night, 7 round series + 1 qualification round where the winner will be the driver with the most points accumulated over the 7 races. Each race will last within the region of 10-15 minutes, which should in theory give us an absolute maximum race session time of 2 hours.
The series will be as below:
Qualification: 2 Laps of Top Gear - East Circuit
Round 1: 12 Laps of Benchmark Test Track - Layout B
Round 2: 11 Laps of Rally di Positano
Round 3: 16 Laps of Iberian International Circuit - Mini Circuit
Round 4: 14 Laps of Maple Valley - Short Circuit
Round 5: 13 Laps of Camino Viejo de Montserrat - Short Circuit
Round 6: 16 Laps of Ladera Test Track - Short Circuit
Round 7: 11 Laps of Benchmark Test Track - Layout F
The top 6 of each race will be scored as follows: 10 points for a win, and then 6, 4, 3, 2, 1 for 2nd place down to 6th respectively. 7th place and higher will score 0 points. Each race will have an end of race timer set to allow a minute to finishafter first place has crossed the line. Any racer not finishing within that time will not be classified, and will not recieve any points for that race should they be in a points paying position.
The grid for each race will be set according to lobby points - the better you finish over the course of the series, the more likely you are to start higher up the field next time out. To set the grid for the first race, there will be a 2 lap qualification session on the Top Gear East Circuit. Collisions for this session will be set to off, although please remember Forza does order clean laps above dirty laps so try not to dirty your hot lap. Those found to be deliberately going slow to set a clean lap will be fined 5 points.
Championship Rules:
The driver must make sure they have a Twingo quick upgraded to B500 with a stock setup. Setups in game will be set to off, so it will not be possible for you to use a setup. The Twingos we will be using have a hell of a kick on their tail, so I do recommend you spend a few minutes getting used to the car's handling.
Drivers are free to decal and paint their cars as they see fit, although this is not mandatory.
Drivers are fully allowed to use any driver aid they see fit with one exception - Pad owners are NOT ALLOWED to use manual with clutch, due to the ridiculous and unrealistic advantage it gives them on gear changes. This does not effect wheel owners, who will be allowed to use clutch.
The driver must ensure they have the neccessary content installed and/or downloaded. This should just extend to the Benchmark Test Track content, which was a launch day free DLC - please ensure you have it, or else you will not be able to compete in Rounds 1 or 7.
Due to the hopefully close nature of the racing, damage will be cosmetic only. This does not give anyone a free pass to drive like a knob, however - motorsport is a non-contact sport and whilst rubbin' is racin', ramming and swiping are not. Anyone guilty of damaging another racer's efforts by not concentrating of paying due diligence to the road and environment will be fined 5 points (this can be reviewed after the event is concluded on request by providing me with the name of the race and timestamp of the incident so I can investigate on any replays).
Although I normally advocate the ideals behind dimension flipping, due to the short races of this championship, there will be no dimension flipping allowed - anyone who drops from a race for whatever reason will DNF that race. They will be free to rejoin for the next race.
The start time is 8 and I will start hosting from 7:50. Whilst I would hope to have a complete room by then I am aware this almost never happens so at bare minimum I expect everyone to have their 360s booted in time for this - if you are a few minutes late starting Forza, okay, but the absolute latest starting time will be 8:05 by my watch. You can join the room for the next available race if you are late.

Declare thy interest and come race, it's fun :/\

Participants:

1. Sixbuttons (gamertag: Rice Kingford)

2. Kiroquai (gamertag: Kiroquai)

3. Meerman (gamertag: Meerman)

4. Willei (gamertag: Mr eSports)

5. Moodmon (gamertag: Moodmon)

6. MSPMike (gamertag: MSPMike)

7. Wev (gamertag: Chixie N Riva)

8. Picasso of Pain (gamertag: Picasso of Pain)

9. Grimes (gamertag: Cognisant)

10. APKing (gamertag: Apking67)

11. Boozy (gamertag: Boozy The Clown)

12. ?

• Upvote 1

If I can make that Saturday, I suppose I can be the slow guy that day.

What, you want me to be happy playing Forza now? I just want to crash into Kingford.

I'm off work that week and I think I have an XBox Live trial hanging around somewhere to use (if not I think theres some at work we took out the rental games...)

I will leave that entirely up to each individual driver. If you want to do it go nuts, if you want to assign yourself a number just post it so no one else steals it. All fine.

The only rule (apart from the on track ones :/\) will be to bring a quick upgraded B500 Twingo with a stock setup. Setups will be locked anyway.

I could be a 'maybe'. If the stars align and there's actually an 8th spot free on the night. I wouldn't know 'til the time but I've been wanting some Forza events for months and though it won't be an ideal day, I'd try to make it.

Added Grimes. We've got 7 slots left - Forza 4's a 16 player cap, so you're all good.

I've added the Structure and Rules to the first post. GET PRACTICING! (and get your friends/Boozy to fill the rest of the slots)

Oh that's brilliant! Thank you. It's been so long that I wasn't sure of how many places there were and thought it looked bad when I saw a rounded eight.

Must get Boozy in!

Final rule: Have fun? :)

It appears some shots have leaked onto the world wide wobble of Boozy McRad in his Renault Twingo. Unfortunately they appear to have been taken by an imbecile or a cameraman in his final moments before being killed.

Access to these pictures is only available via the in game storefront in Forza Motorsport 4 due to Team Boozy's PR department having recently thrown their 8 year old PC in a skip.

Eeeps, just realised I'm at home on my own with the kids on Saturday night! Here's hoping our 6 month old goes to bed happily