Championship Dressing Room Thread - Season 31

67.gifWincho (3 - 2) TommyMAT 135.gif

end to end game, i took the lead early on and kept it that way till half time, shorly after the break some very fair play from wincho as he was through one on one with my keeper after a dodgy through out which he kicked back in to his half, a couple of moments later i had managed to take a 2-0 lead after some crazy fifa game play, i felt quite guilty as it was so soon after winch did what he did, Winch managed to get his strikers scoring again after missing numerous chances and nicked the win the 89th minute :(

135.gifTommyMAT (2 - 2) Wincho 67.gif

This was just the same with shots going off at both ends of the pitch, again i went in to half time with a 1-0 lead before winch pulled it back level, half way though the second half i re took the lead 2-1 before another 90th minute goal cost me the win, again it was after some crazy fifa play, my keeper came out to make a good save but the ball looped up towards goal, the striker was getting up when my keeper ran in to the back of him and bounced him to the other side of the 6 yard box and that same striker knocked in from a yard (obstruction :sherlock: ) ill try upload the video

I felt unlucky not to get 4 points on the night and winch will no doubt feel very lucky he did come away with 4 points, but you kept fighting till the end and it paid off well played and all the best with the rest,

headlinewk3_zpse5c228b4.jpg

sp_jose132_540_375_100.jpg

Mourinkeeko was spotted earlier leaving the training ground

400x225-Breaking-News-Image.jpg

Reports currently that Mourinkeeko is refusing to speak to the media continue to fuel speculation that the hot headed sibling of the notorious RAGEking is still seething following last nights results.

Reports from the opposition manager Sir Mike intimated that the manager was heard verbally abusing his team, before laughing hysterically as the Premier League minnows demolished a confident Zenit side.

A full interview will be published, as and when the unstable Zenit gaffer finally sits down at the ill-fated microphone.

THERE'S BEEN A RAPE UP THERE.....

A late goal in each game leaves Tommy feeling violated

135.gif TommyMAT (2 - 2) Wincho 67.gif

Inter Scorers:

Guarin '65, '90

A deserved, but very fortunate and late point earns here. A tit for tat match where attacking was all each manager was interested in saw Tommy take the lead.

I equalised through Fredy Guarin and the game looked like it was heading for a 1-1 draw despite both managers throwing the kitchen sink at each other.

On 81 minutes however, a fortunate bounce in the area which Tommy pounced on saw him take the lead and it looked for all the money like he would get the three points.

Guarin however dragged the visitors back on terms in the dying seconds with a most fortuitous goal, his first shot having been blocked by the keeper knocking him over in the process. A scramble to get up saw him then block the keeper off who was favourite to get to the loose ball first, before knocking it in and grabbing a share of the points

A real gutter for Tommy.

67.gif Wincho (3 - 2) TommyMAT 135.gif

Inter Scorers:

Milito '78, Cassano '84, Milito '89

Same approach by both managers in this one however this time a combination of very poor finishing from me, coupled with a couple of decent efforts from Tommy saw me going into the last 15 minutes 2-0 down and thoroughly dejected with Inter's normally reliable forwards shooting the most horrible of blanks.

In the 78th minute however I managed to walk one in with a square ball that even Milito on this form couldn't miss

This seemed to spark my forwards into action and Cassano brought Inter level with a thunderbolt that I chose to hit early, given the chances I'd already missed from close range.

The late winner came after a decent move saw Milito through and his quick feet and finish showed he'd regained his confidence

Harsh on Tommy again

Top goal scorers

Milito - 7

Cassano - 4

Guarin - 2

Palacio - 2

Cheers Tommy - great attacking games mate. Still not quite sure how I ended up with the lions share of the points. I feel for you man - Sorry!

18.gif SaintM (2 - 2) Bleeders 45.gif

Lewandowski

Reus

45.gif Bleeders (2 - 2) SaintM 18.gif

Lewandowski

Bender

Dortmund faced off against the high-flying Saints in the evening kick-off. There was some moaning. Some more moaning. Even more moaning. And some more moaning. Amongst the moaning was some decent football, Reus opened the scoring jinking past the lunge of a defender and smashing home. Lewandowski doubled the lead following a FIFA touch of doom. Saint moaned. Bleeders was content at half-time...

It didn't last long though. The Saints equalised through one of the nine corners they won during the game. Bleeders moaned about the number of corners. Lambert then popped up and scored on the half-volley. It sounds like an impressive goal - and it was - however, the Dortmund keeper came rushing out inexplicably making Ricks job that little bit easier. 2-2. Bleeders was really moaning at this point. Saint could count himself unlucky not to have won the game.

The Moan-a-thon continued in the second match. Lewandowski opened the scoring following the Saints CB switching off and allowing the Polish international a free header. Saint moaned. Saints equalised following a clearance from a corner, which was tucked away with aplomb. Bleeders moaned. The Saints went close a few times, save for a few last ditch tackles. Bender then nipped in using Lewandowski as a decoy and smashed past Boruc putting the Germans two goals up. Saint moaned about Lewandowski interferring with play. The Saints finally grabbed the equaliser (again!) with a nicely timed run in behind Subotic. Bleeders moaned... and moaned... and moaned.

But, all said and done, the Saints would rue their missed opportunities in this game, having should have won based on the number of chances and corners!

Cheers for the games Mikey (and the moaning), all the best for the season!! :hat:

INTER MOVE TO TOP SPOT

67.gifWincho (4 - 0) AlfromSleep 59.gif
Scorers:
Milito x 2,
Palacio,
Pereira

Router failure in Scotland meant this one was played with a break in the middle. 2 goals in each of the halves saw Inter stroll to areasonably comfortable win. 3 of the 4 goals were headers which are rarities for me.

59.gifAlfromSleep (2 - 5) Wincho 67.gif
Scorers:
Cassano x 2,
Milito x 3

It took a Cassano goal to break up what was a sloppy first 20 minutes from both sides. Two more quickfire goals meant the game was essentially done and dusted by the half hour mark

Al did get one back on the stroke of half time but the 3 goal cushion was restored early in the 2nd half.

Another mini fight back from Al saw him bag a very decent second goal but Milito wrapped things up in the 90th minute with his hat-trick after neat work from the impressive Cassano.

Top goal scorers
Milito - 12
Cassano - 6
Palacio - 3
Guarin - 2
Pereira - 1

135.gifTommyMAT (4 - 1) somethingwitty 22.gif

Game 2, this was tight from the start, both teams obviously knew the others game play and it was alot tighter and chances were few, Whitty this time dominated the first half and could have easily taken a lead in to half time but it was the turks who did it again a quick ball over the top saw a neat finish in the corner, Again the French team came out after the half time break and leveled the game up before tommymats chaps made it 2-1 2 late goals finished the game off but this was never a 4-1 result, Whitty will feel hard done by,

22.gifsomethingwitty (1 - 2) TommyMAT 135.gif

Game 1, a crazy fifa game where the turks dominated the first half of play, but only managing to take a 1-0 lead to the second half, The French side cam out alot better in the second and dominated possession, with plenty of chances taken they couldnt convert before the Turkish side doubled the lead 2-0, Whitty kept on fighting and pulled one back and could have easily scored the equalizer before the end but it wasnt to be, I fell i was lucky to get the win

Really well played mate, thought you deserved something from these but it just wasnt your night, obviously the teams were noticeably different. All the best and good luck with the rest of the season

135.gifTommyMAT (4 - 1) somethingwitty 22.gif

Game 2, this was tight from the start, both teams obviously knew the others game play and it was alot tighter and chances were few, Whitty this time dominated the first half and could have easily taken a lead in to half time but it was the turks who did it again a quick ball over the top saw a neat finish in the corner, Again the spanish team came out after the half time break and leveled the game up before tommymats chaps made it 2-1 2 late goals finished the game off but this was never a 4-1 result, Whitty will feel hard done by,

22.gifsomethingwitty (1 - 2) TommyMAT 135.gif

Game 1, a crazy fifa game where the turks dominated the first half of play, but only managing to take a 1-0 lead to the second half, The spanish side cam out alot better in the second and dominated possession, with plenty of chances taken they couldnt convert before the Turkish side doubled the lead 2-0, Whitty kept on fighting and pulled one back and could have easily scored the equalizer before the end but it wasnt to be, I fell i was lucky to get the win

Really well played mate, thought you deserved something from these but it just wasnt your night, obviously the teams were noticeably different. All the best and good luck with the rest of the season

Cheers Tommy. Good, enjoyable and relatively close games.

I might have nicked a point on another night, but have no complaints with you getting two wins - you took your chances when they came, whereas I was much less clinical. Well done, mate, and good luck for the rest of the season!

PS - Quick geography tip: Monaco isn't in Spain, mate! ;)

22.gif somethingwitty (1 - 2) TommyMAT 135.gif

Scorers:

Toure

Team average rating: 7.35

AS Monaco    -    Galatasaray SK         9      Shots       14         5    On target     9       55%    Possession    45%         8     Tackles      8         1      Fouls       1         0   Yellow cards   0         0    Red cards     0         0     Injuries     1         0     Offsides     0         1     Corners      3       55%  Shot accuracy   64%       88%  Pass accuracy   78%

135.gif TommyMAT (4 - 1) somethingwitty 22.gif

Scorers:

Toure

Team average rating: 6.85

Galatasaray SK    -    AS Monaco        17      Shots       11         9    On target     8       46%    Possession    54%        12     Tackles      9         4      Fouls       0         1   Yellow cards   0         0    Red cards     0         1     Injuries     1         0     Offsides     2         4     Corners      1       52%  Shot accuracy   72%       75%  Pass accuracy   80%

Running stats

Top goal scorers

Riviere - 2

Toure - 2

Highest rated - (Team avg:6.96)

Toure - 7.48

Riviere - 7.42

Subasic - 7.22

Obbadi - 6.98

Raggi - 6.95

Two reasonably closely contested matches, but Monaco's pointless run continues. Played 6. Lost 6. It's shaping up to be a long and painful season.

Thought Tommy played really well - good open attacking play which made the games nice and entertaining. Unfortunately, I couldn't make the most of the opportunities which that afforded me, hitting the woodwork 3-4 times, and repeatedly smacking the ball into the keeper from close range. Equally, Tommy could have had loads more than 2 himself in the first game. Really enjoyable stuff cheers for the games Tommy, and all the best for the rest of the season. :)

Witty's Points Watch:

ZeroSmall.jpg

Sorry for going AWOL everyone - the father in law has had to go in to a care home meaning we were called away to sort things out for him with out any notice. Just got back last night but I'm going to be away again from Monday next week until probably Thursday. Really sorry about messing anyone about but I'll try to ensure I'm available as much as possible over the weekend and upon return.

67.gif Wincho (0 - 1) kiko kylz 757.gif

The Inter strikers left their shooting boots at home in this one and also found Zenit's keeper in fine form.

A defensive lapse saw Kiko score a good goal with Hulk on the half hour mark. The game was end to end at this point with both teams going with very attacking lineups and mentality.

The goal seemed to swing things in Inter's favour weirdly and it felt a bit one way traffic from that point on but I just couldn't get the ball in the damn net.

It evened back up with about 20 to play and Kiko held out for the win

757.gif kiko kylz (2 - 3) Wincho 67.gif

Scorers:

Palacio '2, Milito '17, Palacio '68

More end to end stuff in this one. Inter raced to a 2 goal lead before letting one in just before half time.

Kiko took control from this point and deserved an equaliser but as is Fifa, I went up the other end and bagged a third against the run of play on 68 mins.

I hoped that this would swing things back to me but Kiko kept at it and got a lifeline through Hulk on 76 mins and really pressured for an equaliser.

This time it was my turn to hold out though and snag the 3 points

Top goal scorers

Milito - 13

Cassano - 6

Palacio - 5

Guarin - 2

Pereira - 1

Cheers Kiko - 3 points each was probably fair but thought they should have been won the other way round in the games

Good luck for the rest of the season

22.gifsomethingwitty (2 - 0) harbey 760.gif

Scorers:

Riviere,

Toure

Team average rating: 8.09

AS Monaco    -    PFC CSKA Moscow          9      Shots       14          5    On target     8        48%    Possession    52%          4     Tackles      11          0      Fouls       0          0   Yellow cards   0          0    Red cards     0          0     Injuries     0          0     Offsides     1          2     Corners      1        55%  Shot accuracy   57%        79%  Pass accuracy   78%
760.gifharbey (3 - 2) somethingwitty 22.gif

Scorers:

Dirar,

Riviere

Team average rating: 7.15

PFC CSKA Moscow    -    AS Monaco         14      Shots       4          9    On target     3        54%    Possession    46%         13     Tackles      8          2      Fouls       1          1   Yellow cards   0          0    Red cards     0          1     Injuries     0          1     Offsides     1          4     Corners      1        64%  Shot accuracy   75%        75%  Pass accuracy   74%
Running stats

Top goal scorers

Riviere - 4

Toure - 3

Dirar - 1

Highest rated - (Team avg:7.13)

Subasic - 7.69

Riviere - 7.62

Toure - 7.41

Dirar - 7.11

Ndinga - 7.06

What a strange and wonderful pair of games Harbey and I had yesterday. In the first, I was utterly battered all game, and pinned back in my own half for 90% of the time. Chances came and went for Harbey, with a combination of luck and a FIFA-superpowered keeper (man-of-the-match, with a perfect 10 in the post-game stats!) keeping him at bay. By contrast, on the rare occasion I did get forward, everything seemed to break for me, and from two proper chances, I grabbed two goals. Absolute robbery, but for my first points of the season, I would have accepted anything. :)

The second followed a pretty similar pattern, and I'm sure Harbey would have had a sick, sinking feeling in his stomach as I nicked two more on the break whilst soaking up obscene amounts of pressure. Goalie was again MotM! However, there was more twisty drama to come and in the 81st minute Harbey mounted an epic comeback. First a deflected shot looped over the keeper, and then, in stoppage time, two identical knife-through-butter defence-splitting through balls to put Doumbia through one-on-one with the no-longer-invincible keeper twice in the space of a minute, and both times he found the net.

As I said at the end, I couldn't possibly complain about the result after the complete travesty of the first match, but it stung to lose it so late. Two cracking games, and good chat throughout (with me being an Ipswich fan, and Harbey a Wednesday fan, we had plenty of misery to share). Cheers mate - well played, and apologies for the daylight robbery in the first! :)

Witty's Points Watch:

ZeroSmallOOO.jpg

headlinewk4_zpsae8079ed.jpg

Enter Mourinkeeko:
Y7BvbPp.gif

article-0-199B67F4000005DC-739_634x422.j

Ahhh, Mr. Mourinkeeko. Welcome back. You have been a hard man to track down since the defeat at Southampton.
No, not at all. I have been here. Maybe you were given wrong address for press conference?

I see. Well first off, can you elaborate on your claims at the time that drugs were possibly used in this encounter with Sir Mikes team?
I did not say zis. Maybe you people want to make villain of me? I merely say that Southampton play like Barcelona, and we play like Sunday League Pub team. That Lambert was like Cristiano at Real. Like a man possessed. But zis is history.

So your matches against Liverpool, do you feel that you should have come away with more points?
Absolutely. We play better football. Create many chances. But do not score. Zis is why we lose and draw. They score soft goals. We should learn from this.

There were reports that you told your team to foul the Liverpool team. Is there any truth in this?
Absolutely not no. They were the aggressive side. They foul us many time. Yet no red card? We try to play the game, but they foul us. I hear their manager shouting at his players to kill the Hulk? Zis is not good for football.

Do you have any words for Tomox, the Liverpool gaffer?
We speak after the game over a Costa Frapucino. All words were exchanged then. He know how I feel. I can say that he have poor taste in Frapucinos!

Onto the Inter game. How do you feel the results went for you here?
I think the opposite. First game we play not so well. But we score, and they do not. So we lucky to take the win. Second game we play well, but concede silly goals, and then do not score when we have chance. Zis is football.

Do you feel these were the best games so far in terms of entertainment?
I think so yes. It was end to end. Both teams have chances, but both cannot score for s**t!

Sorry Mr. Mourinkeeko you cannot use language like that here.
jose-mourinho_1808089c.jpg
Get out. Zis is MY press conference! I say what I like. There you again, media trying to make into bad man!

I didn't mean to offend Mr. Mourinkeeko. Maybe you can give us your thoughts on your upcoming match against Witty?
Maybe I can. But I will not. These are my thoughts and tactics, and you will see what I think we play them this week.

What can you tell us Mr. Mourinkeeko?
funny-mourinho-497.jpg
You sir, clearly need new aftershave.
specialmeter_zpsa666bea6.jpg

100.gifGreeny (4 - 1) TommyMAT 135.gif

Game one started with alittle lag, nothing un playable and TommyMats men came out fighting only the spanish keeper kept the game level at 0-0, 10 minutes in a Greenys man got to grips with the game and started to create the better chances, I think it was me that took the lead with a superb strike from the LB before greeny scored just before half time, Second half was again laggy and dropped connection for some reason as greeny looked like he would make it 2-1.

We agreed to play 1 half of another game, the spanish were alot more clinical with passing and finishing, the Turks couldnt even string a few passes together without making a bad touch, greeny re took the lead with a long strike i think from his LB this time to take the lead and pretty much got another straight from kick off with another long shot which i dont know who my keeper didnt save, towards the end of the game the spanish got a 4th game over

135.gifTommyMAT (0 - 3) Greeny 100.gif

Game two and this was a different game i dont think the score line is a fair one as i managed to pepper the spanish goal with shots and the keeper was unbeatable, anything that came at him he saved 17 shots on goal, 10 on target (i think) no goals???? Greeny took his chances and ended up winning 3-0, if only my keeper played half the game his did

Well played mate and good luck with the rest

SaintM 4 - 3 Tomox

Tomox 2 - 1 SaintM

A close pair of games, with everything lost in a red mist of disgust at the referee/FIFA in game 2. I felt I should have got something out of the second game, but it was openly hostile to me so wasn't gonna happen.

First game could have gone either way though, so overall 3 points each is about right. I guess. (boo).

SaintM 6 - 1 Harbey

Harbey 0 - 3 SaintM

Harbey was in the way of my rebound so had a few goals to deal with.

Ricky Lambert had 14 shots in game one, but could only finish once and that was from the penalty spot. Lallana grabbed a couple and Jay Rodriguiz nabbed a hat-trick to ensure the Tomox game was forgotten.

In the second game CSKA started brightly, dominating possession for the first 15 mins.. but then they lost the ball and the Saints came marching in(to his box). 2-0 up at half time and a relatively smooth second half saw a late break away Lambert goal seal the win.

Cheers for the games guys.

PALACIO HAT-TRICK SETS THE SCENE

post-12579-0-78751700-1377619693.jpg

"I just saw Saint's donger in the shower"

18.gif SaintM (2 - 4) Wincho 67.gif

Goalscorers:

06' Cassano

62' Palacio

74' Palacio

77' Palacio

Chances at both ends of the field but the game just didn't want Saint to score any of his, whilst it ably assisted me at every opportunity.

The first goal was a perfect example as Cassano broke through a perfect tackle somehow and slammed home.

Southampton rallied well and equalised on 57 mins through Rodriguez

Palacio woke up in the second half and scored 3 nice goals as Saint had committed more men forward leaving a few holes at the back, before a late consolation goal for Southampton's Lallano

67.gif Wincho (1 - 0) SaintM 18.gif

Goalscorers:

22' Milito

Quite how I went in at half time 1-0 up is anyone's guess.

My goal was my only attempt versus Saint's 11 and it was a carbon copy of my opener in the game before, this time Milito tackled as he pulled the trigger, only for him to stumble forward the wrong side of the defender to ram home un-opposed.

Saint had lots of chances but found my GK in stunning form from pretty much any conceivable way of scoring - long shots, point blank shots, headers and free kicks.

The second half saw things even up a bit but it still looked more likely there would be an equaliser rather than a second goal for Inter. There ended up being neither.

Top goal scorers

Milito - 14

Palacio - 8

Cassano - 7

Guarin - 2

Pereira - 1

An unlikely and undeserved 6 points for Inter. If the teams had been more equal things would have been very different I suspect

Bad luck Mike - hope you get better luck in your remaining games.

I'm mostly annoyed about it being the first home defeat of the season than anything else :(

Good games. I never fully felt out of the running for the points, which is a great sign that we're pretty closely matched.

Hope you have terrible luck in your race for the premiership and I can nick it at the last ;)

If by some quake of fate I do manage to get promoted, I'm sure I'll be able to suggest and push through some kind of mini sorting league for Fifa 14 during which I'll ensure my mid league mediocrity and avoid a first ever season in the top division

45.gif Bleeders (2 - 3) harbey 760.gif

760.gif harbey (1 - 2) Bleeders 45.gif

135.gif TommyMAT (0 - 2) Bleeders 45.gif

45.gif Bleeders (1 - 1) TommyMAT 135.gif

Cheers for the games, chaps. I can't remember much from the games against Harbey, but 3 points a piece was probably fair.

Tommy deserved more from the second game after spells of long possession, Lewandowski opened the scoring. Tommy equalised. Then, a penalty was awarded for a challenge on Sneijder, which was saved by Weidenfellar. Reus and Lewandowski scored the goals to give the Germans the points in the first match.

45.gif Bleeders (3 - 0) AlfromSleep 59.gif

Lewandowski

Reus

Blazcyowski

59.gif AlfromSleep (3 - 3) Bleeders 45.gif

Lewandowski (2)

Reus

These were good, end-to-end games with Albie yesterday evening; both teams setting their stall out by attacking with verve and pace... and some terrible misses.

I could be heard saying 'Why always me?' when Albie Balotelli struck in the 90th minute to rescue a point for the Italians in the first fixture.

How Weidenfellar was able to keep a clean sheet in the return fixture, I'll never know, but Lewandowski, Reus and Blazzy.. Blaz... Blaz... whatever... grabbed the goals to catapult the Germans to second place, where their next fixture will be a sibling battle.

Cheers for the games, Al. All the best in your remaining fixtures!! :hat:

135.gif TommyMAT (0 - 2) Bleeders 45.gif

45.gif Bleeders (1 - 1) TommyMAT 135.gif

Cheers for the games, chaps. I can't remember much from the games against Harbey, but 3 points a piece was probably fair.

Tommy deserved more from the second game after spells of long possession, Lewandowski opened the scoring. Tommy equalised. Then, a penalty was awarded for a challenge on Sneijder, which was saved by Weidenfellar. Reus and Lewandowski scored the goals to give the Germans the points in the first match.

Cheers mate was gutted to miss that pen, i thought the bar stopped to far in the red for me to be able to direct it to much so i just hoped you would go the wrong way, it was a bad pen but it was a very even game so draw was probably fair,

First game i was just limited to long shots and didnt really have much else,

Well played and good luck with the rest.

45.gif Bleeders (3 - 0) AlfromSleep 59.gif

Lewandowski

Reus

Blazcyowski

59.gif AlfromSleep (3 - 3) Bleeders 45.gif

Lewandowski (2)

Reus

These were good, end-to-end games with Albie yesterday evening; both teams setting their stall out by attacking with verve and pace... and some terrible misses.

I could be heard saying 'Why always me?' when Albie Balotelli struck in the 90th minute to rescue a point for the Italians in the first fixture.

How Weidenfellar was able to keep a clean sheet in the return fixture, I'll never know, but Lewandowski, Reus and Blazzy.. Blaz... Blaz... whatever... grabbed the goals to catapult the Germans to second place, where their next fixture will be a sibling battle.

Cheers for the games, Al. All the best in your remaining fixtures!! :hat:

Good games Bleeders, non stop attacking from the very start :) All the best for the rest

post-18649-0-32023300-1377808845.jpg Zenit St Petersburg (Kiko) 6 - 1 (Greeny) Athletico Madrid post-18649-0-76308600-1377809906.jpg

Raul Garcia

Hulk (5)

A. Kerzahkov

post-18649-0-76308600-1377809906.jpg Athletico Madrid (Greeny) 2 - 4 (Kiko) Zenit St Petersburg post-18649-0-32023300-1377808845.jpg

A. Witsel

Hulk (2)

A. Kersahkov

Falcao (2)

I took the lead in the first game before Hulk quickly equalised. That brief spell would be the only time I would be ahead over both ties. The first half was probably my favourite half of the season so far. Lots of great passes and even better tackles. 1-1 set up a tasty second half but in the end I couldn't break Zenit down and Kiko scored 3 times in 14 minutes to end the contest. He grabbed two late goals to make it 6 and it didn't flatter his dominance in the last half hour.

The second I felt I made a lot of mistakes, in the first half particularly. Kiko continued his form from the first game and deservedly lead 3-0 at the break. The second half was a bit closer and I grabbed one back around the hour mark, but Kiko made it 4 and despite a bit of a fight back in the last 10 minutes, a 90' minute goal was too little too late.

Well played Kiko. I was pretty hopefully coming into the games on similar points in the league but you battered me over both games. Good luck in the rest.