IGNORED

Ryan Davis has died.

Kayin Amoh

I'm halfway through the podcast, and I'm worried the end of it is going to break me.

This is absolutely heartbreaking. If you'd told me I'd be this cut up about the death of someone I've never met, and only know through listening to them talk for a couple of hours a week on a podcast (plus GB videos and a couple of twitter interactions about New Balance 574s), I wouldn't have believed you for a second.

Never watched or listened to any Giantbomb, but I can only echo the comments of others that it's a tremendous shame to die so young and after marriage. Yet he seems to have touched the lives of quite a few people which is as much as any of us could hope for as an epitaph, I think.

Only heard the sad news today as I've been vacationing with no internet access. I've been following the GB guys since their GameSpot days and have always loved their way of covering this hobby.

From the weekly podcasts to the brilliant videos, I've spent an unholy amount of hours listening to and watching these guys(I even watched both Deadly Premonition playthroughs), and Ryan always struck me as the heart of Giant Bomb. Gaming just got a lot more boring.

Gah! still can't fathom the fact that we'll never see Ryan doing his thing any more. Fuck you Ryan for enjoying life and food!

Yeah, I just can't reconcile that he really has passed away. Ryan Davis is still very much alive to me right now.

Id listen to it if I were you. It's mostly a really funny walk down memory lane, starting with how Jeff and Ryan met and then with everyone else chiming in as they get to the point in history when they joined the team. It's a bit sad at the end when Vinny gets emotional for a few seconds but it's a lovely tribute to Ryan

Reading you guys talk about the emotion in the latest Bombcast has made me decide not to listen to it. It's just too sad. Fair play to you if you did though.

It's only really the last 5 minutes that are sad, the rest of the bombcast is as entertaining as usual. Loads of stories about Ryan being totally Ryan. It's definitely worth listening to.

Yeah Pachter is a legend, but chobot really was unnecessary and had literally nothing to add. I have visions of Jeff screaming at this TV shouting obscenities.

They were there recording something else so they did a bit about Ryan.

There's no way I can say this without sounding creepy... Chobot looks great with a bit of babyfat.