IGNORED

Next Gen FIFA Not On PC Oof. PC Getting Left Behind?

second to none

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ea-no-next-gen-fifa-14-on-pc-because-users-have-low-spec-machines/0117297

The publisher disappointed the PC market when it confirmed that while the new Ignite engine will be used to power the Xbox One and PS4 versions of the game, the PC release will be based on the current-gen build.

"Even though there were some PCs on the marketplace that could run that engine, the lion's share of PCs on the marketplace could not," EA Sports executive VP Andrew Wilson told Polygon of the delayed arrival of the FIFA 11 engine, which didnt hit the platform until last years release of FIFA 13.

"The majority of the gamer base that was playing the game on PC did not have a PC spec that would work with that."

He added that the current build of Ignite is specifically built around the APU-based architecture of the next-gen consoles.

However, Wilson added that Ignite may well hit PC at some point in the future.

Thinking of going PC only next gen are we?

Fifa 13 was the same as the console version wasn't it? I think it was the only one out of the recent releases to have feature parity.

Thinking of going PC only next gen are we?

PC has been next gen for a while now.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ea-no-next-gen-fifa-14-on-pc-because-users-have-low-spec-machines/0117297

The publisher disappointed the PC market when it confirmed that while the new Ignite engine will be used to power the Xbox One and PS4 versions of the game, the PC release will be based on the current-gen build.

"Even though there were some PCs on the marketplace that could run that engine, we're not actually good enough to program any games on it. Hell you'd think a football pitch would be easy to render. Its only a small arena with 24 AI and a ball. But we could only manage 30fps on last gens consoles. Rockstar could render a whole world on current PC's and some PC's were powerful to push it further using some external software. And did you see Elder Scrolls? Fucking amazing that was. And you could add 50 mods to that. And that was on current gen PC's too. I wish we were like them." said Andrew. "But we're not" he added.

EA Sports executive VP Andrew Wilson told Polygon of the delayed arrival of the FIFA 11 engine, which didnt hit the platform until last years release of FIFA 13.

"The majority of the gamer base that was playing the game on PC had to wait ages. We just couldn't program it fast enough. We really struggled. I don't know if the problem lies with the speed of our programmers hands, or maybe we don't want to work them hard, or maybe we just just make crap management decisions, although i don't think its that because it was the same management team that gave you Need for Speed and thats the best racing game (and sim) on the planet so. Everyone loves it. We were able to take our time with it so when we got to NFS 12 we did Undercover and that was a game changer. Then we hit the ball out the park with The Run - that was NFS 18 for those counting. 18 games in one series says a lot. Forza is only on its 5th game and GT is only at 6 so we well ahead of them. We'd get them teams to program our football game but one of them is gone, the other was disbanded and the other is doing NFS 21. Oh and another is doing a very basic racer for themselves. One of those arcade racers i think they call them".

He added that the current build of Ignite is specifically built around the APU-based architecture of the next-gen consoles.

However, Wilson added that Ignite may well hit PC at some point in the future...

"we're getting there but we'll need time. We've already started the code. It says 10 REM * FIFA GAME number 21*, so thats a start", he said. but we're not sure where we go from here. I think its 20 CLS"

It's the end of PC gaming as we know it!

Mind you, I was gutted they stopped doing the Tiger Woods games for PC. Back around 2000 it was a nice relaxing game of golf, and if you had accelerated graphics the camera panning over the course was full-screen, not just some little box in the corner. Ignite Engine my arse.

It's the end of PC gaming as we know it!

Mind you, I was gutted they stopped doing the Tiger Woods games for PC. Back around 2000 it was a nice relaxing game of golf, and if you had accelerated graphics the camera panning over the course was full-screen, not just some little box in the corner. Ignite Engine my arse.

they did TW2012. Its one of the best of the 3 or so series they do on a PC.

• 1 month later...

The PC version of Call of Duty: Ghosts will feature higher resolution textures than those used in the PS4 and Xbox One versions, executive producer Mark Rubin has told Kotaku.

"PC is taking a different tack from previous games [in the series,]" Rubin said.

"Now, PC has its own set of assets," Rubin said. "It's going to look better than any Call of Duty we've ever made on PC."

"They're actually using an even higher version in many cases than the next-gen consoles, from a texture standpoint."

http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/call_of_duty_ghosts/news/call_of_duty_ghosts_xbox_one_and_ps4_textures_are_inferior_to_pc_version.html

PC fighting back?

Or just comfortably co-existing in the same market with competitors, providing part of the rich tapestry that's modern gaming. One or the other.

Don't be so daft. PC Gaming needs to get a wriggle on with establishing first party studios with the barrels of money it made from Counterstrike and Baldur's Gate, and start making exclusivity deals with third parties or else PC Gaming's going to lose the console war.

Oh, and while PC Gaming's on the ropes, they should continue to hack the gibson so it can tighten up the graphics of World of Warcraft's Level 3. That'll learn Sony and Nintendo!