[XBLIG] Magic Racing Rally

Just a quick video.

There are 157 cars, grouped in classes (F,E,D,C,B,A,S,R)

There are 4 kind of single player game modes:

- Time Trial (with online Top20 fastest lap, like MRGP2)

- Time Attack, pass the checkpoints and complete the most amount of laps.

- Head to Head, finish first after a one-lap quick race, to advance on the next track.

- Quick Race

There is one local-multiplayer game mode:

- Battle Mode (up to 4 local player), you should stay ahead, and gain a screen distance over opponents.

There is the online race mode (like MRGP2)

I will add some other kind of games, and probably a "season mode". (but I don't know if before or after the release as update)

Just to have some feedback (positive/negative) from you (if you want, I'll appreciate it). I know that it's just a video.. but also with MRGP2, starting from a video, I got some nice suggestions.

Have a nice day :)

A mode like in the old Colin McRae games where you have to do a few stages and make repairs to your car between them, prioritising based on how long they take and stuff

I'd try and make the tracks feel more like point to point than circuits, too

:lol:

Looks pretty good, although maybe I'd want it a little more zoomed in myself - any different camera options? How many players does online support?

Right now, the view distance depends from the actual car speed.. the player can only enable/disable this "auto-zoom". but probably, I'll add a slider option, so that you may select this "range".

Online up to 16.

A mode like in the old Colin McRae games where you have to do a few stages and make repairs to your car between them, prioritising based on how long they take and stuff

I'd try and make the tracks feel more like point to point than circuits, too

Hi man :)

this is how I would create the season mode. without points, but with time gaps from a race to another.

has a Skidmarks vibe to it

I didn't understand. my fault :P what do you mean?

Right now, the view distance depends from the actual car speed.. the player can only enable/disable this "auto-zoom". but probably, I'll add a slider option, so that you may select this "range".

Online up to 16.

Have you played Little Racers Street on XBLIG or Motorstorm RC on PS3? Might be useful to look at if not. Personally I'm not really getting on with any of the cameras on Mortorstorm RC at the moment, but the default LRS one was pretty good (it had some strange and awful options as well though!).

The tracks are isometric but the cars are not - would it not be better served if they were?

Obv. i know theres 157 of them but you could copy Polyphony and have 80 or so "Premier" models.

I think isometric works well for 2D rally games.