IGNORED

Edge #256 - why PS4 is your next console – and the titanic errors on Xbox One’s road to ruin (Now with scores)

murray

Edge has always been quite pro-Sony, even at the start of the last gen when it was clear the PS3 was something of a turkey. Makes sense they back the PS4 this gen as it looks to be the console of choice.

Still find it surprising a publication like Edge is as partisan as they are - imagine they think it boosts circulation or somesuch.

That's certainly very forthright. It's not entirely surprising but at least they're backing the right horse this time, in the lead-up to the PS3 release they had that really weird pro-Sony grovelling stance when everyone else was rightly trashing them for their hubris.

They're not backing any horse, theyre just reporting on the massacre of E3. There'll be a "Xbox One - how MS are going to win this war" in a few months time. Still, should be a good read.

edit. ok they are a bit. but theyll still do an MS cover soon.

I literally gasped on seeing that cover. Has any multiplatform magazine (let alone such a revered one) ever come down on one side so strongly?

Honestly, I would have considered this bold for Official Playstation Magazine, let alone Edge... and this is going to be on news stands for a full month. It must be champagne for breakfast over at SCEE this morning.

Its edge man, they will have other covers in the future theyve always done it. They are pretty much right with this one on price alone, £429 man i still shake my head when im reminded of the cost of the xboxone.

9f10-big.jpg

what's that price?

Edge have lost relevence in the market, this is just them trying to wave their arms and proclaim they have an impact still.

They used (a long, long time ago now) to be well above this kind of reactionary playground stuff, and until they realise that they'll continue to slide up (or should that be down) their own arseholes on the back of thousands of pages of 'studio profiles' that nobody gives the faintest shit about.

IMO obv.