rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
neoELITE

League 2 thread

0-0 again. Newport brought 400 away fans for a Tuesday night game and it's not exactly close. The attendance was 5,600ish and I have a feeling a lot of season ticket holders weren't there last night - big gaps in the home end :(

It was a dire game for both sides. The floodlight went out for ten minutes and when it came back on, that brought the biggest cheer of the night - sums it up. It's very depressing at the moment. We've only scored two goals at home this season.

0-0 again. Newport brought 400 away fans for a Tuesday night game and it's not exactly close. The attendance was 5,600ish and I have a feeling a lot of season ticket holders weren't there last night - big gaps in the home end :(

It was a dire game for both sides. The floodlight went out for ten minutes and when it came back on, that brought the biggest cheer of the night - sums it up. It's very depressing at the moment. We've only scored two goals at home this season.

Sounds a lot like Bury (except for the crowd!). I thought we were in a false position but last night was terrible and I think we may be in real danger of being relegated.

Blimey, we scored some goals and actually won. Jepson has been given caretaker until January so I'm hoping for the same result as when he played for us and Ternent turned the team's fortunes right around leading to back to back promotions. This was in the 90s when I ran a fairly popular Bury FC site, it can't have been a coincidence ;-)

Good job we won really, most teams at the bottom got something including a 2nd win on the bounce for Accy.

A last minute winner and a 0-1 away win. You can't really complain with that but we're now the lowest scorers out of the 92 league clubs.

Who's looking forward to the FA Cup in two weeks? I'm not - our cup record is terrible.

Peterborough and Exeter are on form - that should be a decent game.

Northampton at home today - we normally beat them. It's going to be 50 mph winds and rain today at 2pm onwards. I can't wait. Hold on to your pasties.

We won last week - we could win two in a row! Amaze-balls.

sarcasm

Bristol Rovers at home for us today. Making my first trip to a league match in some time. High hopes!

Really hope Constable can grab a goal, and get his 100 up for Oxford. A top achievement in modern day football!

Bristol Rovers at home for us today. Making my first trip to a league match in some time. High hopes!

Really hope Constable can grab a goal, and get his 100 up for Oxford. A top achievement in modern day football!

Oops. It wasn't a good day for most of us yesterday (apart from me). The weather was terrible yesterday. It was stupidly windy (our keeper almost scored), it was freezing and we had heavy rain in the second half. 1-0 right at the death though, two wins from two. We probably edged it in terms of chances but it wasn't great to watch; we had seven on target to their one but all of them, apart from our goal, could have been saved by my Mum.

Deary me, referees! The guy we had yesterday was an entertaining one! Gave a pen for a foul a yard or so outside the box, very random decisions for both sides, only a yellow card for a two footed over the top of the ball challenge which broke a players leg. Kitson came on the radio afterwards and really went for him, quite refreshing to hear to be honest. Said the referee was swearing at the players and was really arrogant...!

That said, we were shocking yesterday. No cohesion, no fluidity. We had a CB at LB, which didn't go well. Missed two good opportunities too. Bristol Rovers weren't much better, they we're good for the first half hour, then we eventually got going. Second half they didn't do much aside the penalty.

Thankfully, we're playing away from home again soon. We do ok away! Our home form is pretty pants though!

The FA Cup didn't produce many upsets yesterday. Tamworth and Stourbridge got through but that's it from non-league. Quite a few replays though. Plymouth produce yet another 0-0.

Carelton - we've just signed one of you players on loan. Tope Obadeyi

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24858254

Bury are below us. It seems a little weird to me. His record is pretty poor to say the least.

Yeah I saw that, really odd. Blackwell signed far too many players in the summer and now we're clearing them all out but I expected most to go to non-league.

The FA Cup didn't produce many upsets yesterday. Tamworth and Stourbridge got through but that's it from non-league. Quite a few replays though. Plymouth produce yet another 0-0.

Macclesfield drubbed Swindon, Sodje is the assistant there and I was hoping he'd be given a chance here if Jepson doesn't get it.

Bury are still in the hat for the draw, by dint of a waterlogged pitch!

I forgot Macclesfield were non-league. Well done to them.

Obadeyi came on as sub yesterday and 'ran quickly'. Super! I didn't bother watching any of the highlights last night/this morning. I expect us to get through to the 2nd round and hopefully get a home draw and win that - and then Man Utd away. That's the least I expect.

We've got the 1st round replay at home to Lincoln and then (if we get through), Welling at home. We should get in to the third round draw. I'd love to get a massive third round draw against one of the big clubs. I expect we'll lose on penalties against bloody Lincoln City though.

Sheffield United are more than beatable, especially at home.

Bumpety bump. I'm ploughing a furrow.

We won again. 2-1 at home to the best team I've seen so far - Dagenham. The Daggers play actual football. Not good for us on our World Cup quality pitch. We managed to win though.

We also went through to the second round of the FA cup - we have Welling at home. We should get to round 3. Bring on Man City!

A win tonight for the 'Mighty Shakers' as announcer man insists on calling us. Incredible and our first home win since August. Hopefully we can push on from here and move away from the drop zone. We've also got a replay in the cup which is pretty important as the 2nd round tie is on TV which will double our income for the season. Less than 2000 on tonight after the dire fare which has been served up recently.