rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
neoELITE

League 2 thread

Fixtures
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-two/fixtures

I've already bought my season ticket for the 2013/14 season. Plymouth Argyle is my team.

Welcome to Portsmouth, Bury, Scunthorpe, Hartlepool and Mansfield and Newport.

My tip for the top two are Burton and Bury and feel that the play-offs might be Shrewsbury's as they've been up and down for years.

Relegation could be the usual suspects, Accrington, Wimbledon, Plymouth and the other two Devon
sides.

Saturdays are a bit pointless withouth football - roll on 3rd August.

POSTERS AND TEAMS

Me - Plymouth Argyle
Carlos Valderrama - Exeter City
Tomox - Oxford United
Lanark - Portsmouth
Danster - Bristol Rovers
Richard - Bristol Rovers
Davidgri2002 - York City
Carleton - Bury (shortest name in the league)

• Upvote 2

Bradford went up last season! :P

Oxford fan in exile here, we've had a huge clear out this last summer, and a range of changed behind the scenes from money being spent on the pitch, which had been shared with Rugbyists, to being very strict on medicals after signing crocked players!

Pompey should do well, if they can make the signings and start well. Northampton and Scunthorpe will be up there too.

Hope we can make the playoffs, Wilder needs to make some more signings. We're linked with Rene Howe and Matt Tubbs, both of whom would be welcome signings. Time will tell!

Oh and we've got a boxing day home game, first time in 4 or 5 seasons!!

Pompey fan here. I think we've got a decent squad but have restrictions put in place on the size of it, budgets etc. so we will be stuffed with a few injuries. Genuinely looking forward to a new era with Guy Whittingham in charge and the club part fan owned. Time to put the past behind us and move forward. I might even try and get to a few matches this season!

I forgot Bradford went up... FML. I'll have to change that - Bury and Burton. Whoops. My excuse is I was up far too early today. Welcome aboard. Last season's thread was pretty decent with much less of the bitching and superiority of the main football thread.

Welcome aboard all supporters of shite teams.

Two Carlos avatars in one thread! :)

I think that Exeter are going to have a tough season as there's apparently no money and we've lost Cureton to Cheltenham.

On the plus side we've got my other team, QPR, in the cup!

Paris Cowan-Hall went from Plymouth to Wycombe today - not sure if there was a fee. He was OKish. A little lightweight but has some potential.

We bought him from non-league and he was a striker but decided to play him on the wing. He does score goals given the chance and he's decent in the air. Follow him on Twitter, he's hilarious - obsessed with girl's arses and if there isn't a Nandos in Wycombe, there will be blood.

My ten year old is going with my dad to her first ever game on the 6th of August against Watford. Hopefully we stuff 'em, then she'll be a fan for life, but knowing my luck they'll smash us and she'll probably think they're the best team in the world!

She has no idea about football at all.

Danster - Bristol Rovers (Gashead). I'll update the OP with our teams - can people indicate who they support?

We played MK Dons last weekend in a friendly - 1-1. We have Yeovil on Saturday (I cannot believe they're two leagues above us now).

Our first game is away so I'm not getting the vibe yet. I'm enjoying the cricket too much at the moment.

We've done some decent business, it seems?

Dave Kitson *should* be a decent signing. Reports of him looking good in preseason. We've also signed Mullins from Rotherham, who we had on loan last season. He was different class, and should make our defence look pretty good!

We got a draw with Birmingham last Saturday, then lost to Oxford City (Conference North) 5-1, with a mixed team of youths and 1st team. Coventry on Saturday, then on to Portsmouth away. Should be a brilliant opening day game!

We've just signed Andre Blackman. He's played for Celtic and been on the books at Arsenal and Spurs. Apparently, he's a top level Championship, Premier League quality player but is an utter dickhead. This is going to be fun.

Edit to add, we haven't - he's set to sign. He played yesterday vs Yeovil. We lost 2-1. Apparently, he played well but was a little showboaty.

Under a week to go now.

Hey,

York fan here. York born and bred but now living in the US, so following the team through a combination of twitter, youtube highlights etc.

A lot of new faces at BC this year and a positive preseason having played 4 teams (3 Championship and 1 League 1) and drawn all 4 games.

Worthington didn't want many preseason games and wanted high caliber so lets hope it pays off. I guess we see starting on Saturday at home to Northampton.

Can't believe the new season is almost here! We have a jobs game for once and it's a local one against Rovers. Bring it on!

Another Bristol Rovers fan here!

I'm coming down to Exeter to watch the game on Saturday, hopefully the weather will pick up a touch because the away terrace at St James Park isn't the most people friendly!

Making the most of it and spending the weekend in Torquay which should be decent!

I don't know what to think of Rovers this season; we have a very young squad but we haven't really made any changes from the second half of last season when we were one of the better teams in the division. Hopefully we'll be in or around the play-offs but that will depend on injuries I think as we currently have a lot of players out once again.

Torquay is a more, well, interesting night out than Exeter. It's the TOWIE of Devon!

Don't think Tisdale will go but either way less than confident about the new season. Not sure where the goals will come from without Cureton.

A lacklustre start and a loss away at Southend. 1-0 to the Shrimpers.

A brilliant start for Newport, 4-1 home win against Accrington. Portsmouth lost 1-4 at home against Oxford. Good start for Exeter against Bristol Rovers. Result of the day was probably Rochdale who beat Hartlepool 3-0.

Rovers always seem to start badly.

We've got Birmingham away on Tuesday in the league cup. Home next weekend against Fleetwood. Naturally, our forums are full of doom. We took just over 1,100 away but didn't have a shot on goal until the 80th minute. Both sides mustered just one on target each. By all accounts, it was dire.

Pompey got over 18,000 at Fratton Park. That's amazing for League 2. I'm still not in the mood to be honest. I usually listen to the away games on the radio but didn't bother yesterday. I'm hoping my enthusiasm returns this week.

I've deleted both my accounts on our two fan forums - I genuinely cannot be bothered. We're League 2 and lucky to be in existence. We lost yesterday but that should apparently be proceeded by decapitations, burning the team bus with our strikers on it and disembowelling the manager. Fuck this planet.

Yay to rllmuk - sensible league two fans.

Bah, I thought we might pull it back against Exeter and at least salvage the draw, but nevermind. Young team and injury hit so all's not lost. We've not started well for about four seasons or so now....

Although... losing your first game does not equate with not starting well... if we lose the next four or five then....

I thought you might go on and win after drawing level but thankfully City rallied after that and the momentum switched again.

More importantly! Did Richard survive his night out in Torquay!?

League Cup tonight. It's looking pretty bad for League 2. Bury are winning 3-1 at home, Torquay and Plymouth and Morecombe are all drawing but every one else is losing.

Carlos' Exeter are losing to Benito's QPR.

EDIT - Morecombe have scored a cracking free kick in a dire, dire game vs Wolves. A few sides have drawn level. Penalty shoot outs are going to settle a lot of these tonight.

Some of them did OK after all. Plymouth lost 3-2 away at Birmingham after ET; I take a lot of positives from that.

Newport beat Brighton, Accrington beat Middlesborough, Cheltenham won as did Morecombe, Burton and Bury. Fleetwood and Chesterfield play tonight.

My daughter's first ever match last night. We lost 3-1 against Watford. My dad took her and I was worried beforehand that if Watford won then she might end up being a fan of them... judging by the texts I received I shouldn't have worried:

7:30pm "Roveeerrrrs!!"

7:43pm "Come on the blues!"

8:36pm "Watford are cheats!"

9:57pm "We lost"

9:58pm "I hate Watford!"

Atta girl! :)

• Upvote 2