Liverpool Football Club Thread

glb

I would probably say that the height difference made it look like a headbutt, and it wasn't really, but regardless, that was fucking stupid.

Edit: lol!

Might be a case of making a point at an opportune moment, but I’m not overly convinced by Nunez as of yet. He looks like an incredibly clumsy version of Torres. Gets himself in good positions but then it’s up to the gods and physics whether the ball flies off the right part of him and goes the right direction.

Another game we were lucky not to lose. It took a wonder goal to even get a point and I expect United to play a flat back 10 and kill us on the break next Monday. It’s 2022 and Philips and Milner are starting, this is not a side that will be challenging City at this rate.

1 minute ago, SMD said:

Gonna be a really long season if we don't do something about our midfield

Agreed, I wasn't too worried about it at the start of the season, but they were bullied last week and completely bypassed this week. They used to be full of running, but that's just gone now.

Just now, bradigor said:

I think we may look at moving for someone now. 

We do like chasing though so not too worried about the points gap.

It's not about the points gap, since the end of last season we've struggled massively in controlling the tempo of games and dictating the flow. Fabinho looks a shadow of himself, either he's in the wrong place to receive a pass, plays it into danger or fails to be aware of the opposition pressing him. You can't drop him cos no one else can do his role and the other two places are taken by injury prone or raw midfielders.

Its not even about Bellingham at this point, its the fact we don't have 1 or 2 players who can play 90 week in week out and do their role properly.

There is no team I hate more than Palace, cunt is in their blood. And City fan Tierney was desperate to help them out. Yes, it was red, but there was no actual contact on Andersen, who was seemingly allowed to do whatever he wanted all game long.

Look at the positives, though. Still unbeaten despite half the team being injured. This season will be unlike any other with the World Cup in the middle of it,and sooner or later we'll play like we're capable.

2 minutes ago, SMD said:

we don't have 1 or 2 players who can play 90 week in week out and do their role properly.

I think you are being way too harsh on Fabinho but I agree with this.  Henderson coming on showed a hell of a lot of what we miss in midfield when he's not there for 90mins, but it seems he's struggling to get fully fit.  Thiago is a massive loss too.

We still controlled large parts of that game with only 10men so it's not all doom and gloom.  Just a slow start.

I wonder if it's worth switching to a 4231 now, and playing Henderson and Fabinho as a double pivot. You'd lose a body in midfield, but it's done us no good this far, and having an extra man further up would help unlock teams sitting deep, which is all we're going to see now it's been shown to be incredibly effective against us once again.

Also, I really hope tonight isn't an omen for Nunez - I can't be doing with another hot-headed dickhead up front, the last 5 years or so have shown we just don't need that sort of character.

Nunez is a fucking idiot to stick his head in like that.

Cue the mini crisis hot-takes elsewhere but entirely relaxed about this season because it was always going to be a transitional one. And with the current state of the squad, another European run is far more likely than league success. Mad how high the standards have been in recent seasons that consecutive draws feels like back-to-back defeats.

13 minutes ago, CheekyLee said:

There is no team I hate more than Palace, cunt is in their blood. And City fan Tierney was desperate to help them out. Yes, it was red, but there was no actual contact on Andersen, who was seemingly allowed to do whatever he wanted all game long.

Look at the positives, though. Still unbeaten despite half the team being injured. This season will be unlike any other with the World Cup in the middle of it,and sooner or later we'll play like we're capable.

Did you even watch it?

image.png

1 minute ago, glb said:

Nunez is a fucking idiot to stick his head in like that.

Cue the mini crisis hot-takes elsewhere but entirely relaxed about this season because it was always going to be a transitional one. And with the current state of the squad, another European run is far more likely than league success. Mad how high the standards have been in recent seasons that consecutive draws feels like back-to-back defeats.

I don't agree with that - we lost 1 main player (Mane) and 1 cup team player (Minamino) - that's it. In what way is it transitional?

9 minutes ago, Chewylegs said:

I think you are being way too harsh on Fabinho but I agree with this.  Henderson coming on showed a hell of a lot of what we miss in midfield when he's not there for 90mins, but it seems he's struggling to get fully fit.  Thiago is a massive loss too.

We still controlled large parts of that game with only 10men so it's not all doom and gloom.  Just a slow start.

Only because his standards are so high. When the middle 3 are constantly giving the ball away or playing passes that force players to go wide or come back towards our goal then we're always going to struggle against well drilled sides. Palace are tidy and they've got a lot of potential, Zaha ate up Phillips and should've had a couple more but we shouldn't have let Palace even get on the ball as much as they did.

A full third of our midfield squad gets injured for fun and only Jones is young enough that you can write it off as growing pains.

1 minute ago, skadupuk said:

Did you even watch it?

image.png

Yes, I watched it. He reacted, badly, but if that was a headbutt then I'm Taylor Swift. Not questioning the red card, just saying that it's possibly no coincidence that the only referee to send a Liverpool player off last season has done it first chance he got this.

Just now, CheekyLee said:

Yes, I watched it. He reacted, badly, but if that was a headbutt then I'm Taylor Swift. Not questioning the red card, just saying that it's possibly no coincidence that the only referee to send a Liverpool player off last season has done it first chance he got this.

Difference is Robbo got sent off for a tackle that Kane only got booked for, whereas Nunez gave the ref every excuse to send him off. It was a stupid move regardless of contact.

Just now, CheekyLee said:

Having watched the replay though, it was his second go at it as he dashed his head at Anderson once and missed, Anderson gave him a shove and he dashed his head at him again.

It was a shit headbutt, but I'mnot sure what the hell else he was aiming for?