IGNORED

Liverpool Football Club Thread

glb

GET IN.

Even if its thr rumoured £350k a week, after losing Mane we can't afford to lose Salah too. 3 more years of Salah whilst we bed in a replacement is worth the money. Also he's pretty much taken Manes wages on anyway which were already budgeted for.

Gini Wijnaldum posted photos of them together on his Instagram a couple of days ago, I wonder if he talked to Salah about how the grass isn’t always greener.

8 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

Man, I wish we still had Gini, our midfield is easily our weakest area right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if we pull off a surprise signing before the window is out.

A celebratory :omg: is about as good as reason for a 10,000th post as any other.

Genuinely didn’t expect Salah to stay on beyond next summer, so this is fantastic news. Hopefully we get an energised Mo, with the silver lining of a mid-season break to boot.

• glb changed the title to Liverpool Football Club Thread - Salah Days

Phew! So glad he has signed a new contract. Mane leaving will be a huge loss and I hope Darwin hits the ground scoring like Diaz & Jota.

Would love Bobby to sign a new contract even though his contribution has been limited last season.

Just need to sign a decent midfielder.

Wasn't expecting it to happen but very happy it has. Even if it is £350k a week,  what's that over 3 years? £55m-ish? That's still less than what Spurs just splashed out for Richarlison 

Why do we care about his wages?

Only reason would be is if FSG broke their wage structure which I highly doubt they did.

Mo is phenomenal, he could easily play until he's Ronaldo's age at a high level.

Great news on Salah, I was expecting this season to be his swansong. I think that might mean Bobby will leave next season now, which I won't be happy about, but realistically I think it'd be the right call to move him on and replace him rather than try to do it at the same time as Salah.

Even if we don't get anyone else, I'm happy with where we're at now. I can see the argument for another midfielder, but we should see a lot more of Elliot this year, and hopefully Morton can step up again to take some of the load from Fabinho in the easier games, like lower league teams in the cups and Everton. 

13 hours ago, Keiths_Dad said:

Great news on Salah, I was expecting this season to be his swansong. I think that might mean Bobby will leave next season now, which I won't be happy about, but realistically I think it'd be the right call to move him on and replace him rather than try to do it at the same time as Salah.

Even if we don't get anyone else, I'm happy with where we're at now. I can see the argument for another midfielder, but we should see a lot more of Elliot this year, and hopefully Morton can step up again to take some of the load from Fabinho in the easier games, like lower league teams in the cups and Everton. 

I dunno, I’d imagine it entirely depends on Firmino’s wage expectations and plans for the future. Be interesting to see his role this year as it’ll probably tell us a lot, and how Carvalho does might have a bearing too.

If we do start playing 4-2-3-1 more often it feels like he’ll be pretty important.

My partner got me a official membership thing for my birthday, so I got my brother one for his.  Registered to try get tickets to this seasons games.  Fingers are fully crossed. 

2 hours ago, Mike said:

My partner got me a official membership thing for my birthday, so I got my brother one for his.  Registered to try get tickets to this seasons games.  Fingers are fully crossed. 

Yup, the queue was several hours when the registration opened this morning. Registered for all nine games have hat were available when I got through. Think the auto cup scheme opens up soon but maybe not, the rules around it are baffling.

Got one out of seven in the mid-season ballot last year (missed the first lot entirely) but didn’t get a notification telling to update so missed the sale. Hopefully will get a couple this time, the dream being four home games to make next season’s application a bit easier. Getting the mystical 13 home games will be longer odds than Everton winning the league.

If you’ve got the time, the members sale the week of games can yield single tickets, you just need a decent F5 key and patience.

I'm trying to sort a membership out for me and my dad, apparently if you buy a gift membership it gets posted out and then you register, so that's no good. I'll have to set him up with a new account, but in the meantime, I can't even get into my own account that I last used for tickets 7 years ago. The sign in page says if I haven't bought tickets since 2017 I'd need to open a new account, but doing that tells me I already have an account. I've tried to reset my password using my old membership number, but that's failing to send a link through to my email. 

Guess I don't get to go, then.

So far...

Diaz, Carvalho, Firmino look VERY sharp. 

Mabaya and Chambers look comfortable, Mabaya in particular looks a player. 

Elliot looks determined so far. 

But United 1-0 against the run of play.

3-0 down. but all goals from p[re-season individual errors. 

Going forward we look creative and the players I am looking at in particular are looking really good. Oxlade-Chamberlain on now with around 9 others. Tsimikas, Fruenduaf, Jones, Clarke, Williams, etc. Still no Nunez or Salah, so they will be on thelast 30 mins. 

• glb changed the title to Liverpool Football Club Thread